2 DVr question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dahauss

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 31, 2006
I have 2 dvrs with the whole home DVr .... Couple of questions.....

1. When setting a show or series to record, how do I know what DVr is is going to record on?

2. When looking at the list of recorded shows, how do i know what DVr I am looking at or does it combine both?

I noticed if I use the dtv iPad App, that will allow me to select what dvr to record on. Thanks.....i

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have 2 dvrs with the whole home DVr .... Couple of questions.....

1. When setting a show or series to record, how do I know what DVr is is going to record on?

2. When looking at the list of recorded shows, how do i know what DVr I am looking at or does it combine both?

I noticed if I use the dtv iPad App, that will allow me to select what dvr to record on. Thanks.....i

Question #1. Unless you are setting the recording up from a non DVR receiver it will record to the DVR you are setting it up on. If it is a non DVR receiver you are setting the recording up on there will be a pop up window allowing you to chose which DVR to record it on. If you are setting up the recording from the internet in any form you will get that same pop up window that allows you to choose.

Question #2. The info banner will have the nick name of the DVR where the recording is stored. Yes, the "List" is a complete list of all of your recording on all of your DVRs.

Question #1. Unless you are setting the recording up from a non DVR receiver it will record to the DVR you are setting it up on. If it is a non DVR receiver you are setting the recording up on there will be a pop up window allowing you to chose which DVR to record it on. If you are setting up the recording from the internet in any form you will get that same pop up window that allows you to choose.

Question #2. The info banner will have the nick name of the DVR where the recording is stored. Yes, the "List" is a complete list of all of your recording on all of your DVRs.

Thanks...

I just checked the banner and it doesn't show which DVR the recording is on....

Any ideas?

I just checked the banner and it doesn't show which DVR the recording is on....

Any ideas?

Hmmm, Go to Menu>Settings&Help>Settings>Whole Home>Status and make sure Directv authorized your Whole Home DVR System before you do anything else. They frequently forget to do this. You are checking the banner/bubble using the info button, correct? You did give each of your DVRs a nickname? I hate that Directv no longer gives out printed User Manuals but you might want to download one as well as check out the directions for Whole Home DVR System on Directv's web site.

I hate that you can't select which DVR a program is to be recorded on when setting it up via the remote. Yes, you do get to select which DVR when scheduling it either from DirecTV.com or via an app. When you schedule a recording via the website, it is setup to "Keep until I delete," but not so with the app.

I named my DVRs prior to getting Whole-Home DVR, and it has always indicated which DVR a program resides on.

Hmmm, Go to Menu>Settings&Help>Settings>Whole Home>Status and make sure Directv authorized your Whole Home DVR System before you do anything else. They frequently forget to do this. You are checking the banner/bubble using the info button, correct? You did give each of your DVRs a nickname? I hate that Directv no longer gives out printed User Manuals but you might want to download one as well as check out the directions for Whole Home DVR System on Directv's web site.

Everything is set correct. When I watch a recorded show, I press info and it shows the show info but not which DVr it is recorded on...hmmmm

Please check something for me. Hit the list button on the remote and then the yellow button under menu on the remote. The option menu should come up. Go down the list to the last one, sort by. Make sure the "all" selection is highlighted. It could be you have it set to only show the programs on the local drive.

Please check something for me. Hit the list button on the remote and then the yellow button under menu on the remote. The option menu should come up. Go down the list to the last one, sort by. Make sure the "all" selection is highlighted. It could be you have it set to only show the programs on the local drive.

Well today I turn the system on and it shows DVr names. It had not been showing and I didn't make any changes except that one of my dvrs suddenly Said it was not internet connected so I ran the config...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)