Help!!! H25 at tailgate....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cudmd

Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
So I brought my H25 and a single lnb 18" dish to tailgate. Went from the lnb straoght to the h25(no bbc), and set the dish setup to 18" and multiswitch.

Can't even get a blip through the dish pointing screen. Ideas?

That sucks.....so i gotta bring my slimline with the H25 no matter what?

or a different receiver
The HR34 and H25 require SWM...the rest do not

Thats where I was gonna go, if ya got it set up already, bring a different recvr and you'll be good, keep in mind, your 18" dish won't see the 99+ or 103 sats, so you won't get HD unless it happens to be a channel that D* still uses on the 101 (not many that I'm aware of.)

That sucks.....so i gotta bring my slimline with the H25 no matter what?

You could get a Phase III dish and a SWM SL3 LNB and make a portable tailgate / camping HD dish set-up. You can also use a Turbo HD dish.
I know a guy who uses a SWM LNB with a camper dish set-up hooked straight to a receiver without the power inserter for a couple of days here and there. Supposedly you are not supposed to do this as it could damage the IRD, he's been doing for a year or so now with no issues yet. Don't know if you can do this with a H25, he uses a H23.

See this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/283692-Phase-III-Dish-SL3-LNB-camping-dish

You could get a Phase III dish and a SWM SL3 LNB and make a portable tailgate / camping HD dish set-up. You can also use a Turbo HD dish.
I know a guy who uses a SWM LNB with a camper dish set-up hooked straight to a receiver without the power inserter for a couple of days here and there. Supposedly you are not supposed to do this as it could damage the IRD, he's been doing for a year or so now with no issues yet. Don't know if you can do this with a H25, he uses a H23.

See this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/283692-Phase-III-Dish-SL3-LNB-camping-dish

Bad idea!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)