Help!!! H25 at tailgate....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cudmd

Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
So I brought my H25 and a single lnb 18" dish to tailgate. Went from the lnb straoght to the h25(no bbc), and set the dish setup to 18" and multiswitch.

Can't even get a blip through the dish pointing screen. Ideas?

That sucks.....so i gotta bring my slimline with the H25 no matter what?

or a different receiver
The HR34 and H25 require SWM...the rest do not

Thats where I was gonna go, if ya got it set up already, bring a different recvr and you'll be good, keep in mind, your 18" dish won't see the 99+ or 103 sats, so you won't get HD unless it happens to be a channel that D* still uses on the 101 (not many that I'm aware of.)

That sucks.....so i gotta bring my slimline with the H25 no matter what?

You could get a Phase III dish and a SWM SL3 LNB and make a portable tailgate / camping HD dish set-up. You can also use a Turbo HD dish.
I know a guy who uses a SWM LNB with a camper dish set-up hooked straight to a receiver without the power inserter for a couple of days here and there. Supposedly you are not supposed to do this as it could damage the IRD, he's been doing for a year or so now with no issues yet. Don't know if you can do this with a H25, he uses a H23.

See this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/283692-Phase-III-Dish-SL3-LNB-camping-dish

You could get a Phase III dish and a SWM SL3 LNB and make a portable tailgate / camping HD dish set-up. You can also use a Turbo HD dish.
I know a guy who uses a SWM LNB with a camper dish set-up hooked straight to a receiver without the power inserter for a couple of days here and there. Supposedly you are not supposed to do this as it could damage the IRD, he's been doing for a year or so now with no issues yet. Don't know if you can do this with a H25, he uses a H23.

See this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/283692-Phase-III-Dish-SL3-LNB-camping-dish

Bad idea!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts