2 External Hard Drives at Once?

19dodge

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Is there any way to hook up two external hard drives to the 622/722 at once? I know there's two USB ports - could two be hooked up at the same time?

Or do you have to use the same port for all hard drives? If so then, would a USB switch work for swapping between drives?

thanks,

Is there any way to hook up two external hard drives to the 622/722 at once? I know there's two USB ports - could two be hooked up at the same time?

Or do you have to use the same port for all hard drives? If so then, would a USB switch work for swapping between drives?

thanks,
Cannot use both 622 ports for 2 HDs. You can get a hub and connect two but only one can be powered up at a time.

When you plug in the second it says it is not available. Only the first is seen.

Last edited:
I have the USB drive enabled and connected via the rear USB connector and an AV700E but when I try to plug it into the front USB jack I get a message that says something to the effect that "too many USB devices are connected disconnect one". The same happened when I tried to plug in a thumb drive with digital pictures "Too many USB devices".

Wait... I just checked and it is error message 851 "Too many devices are connected to the USB port. The receiver can only support one at a time"

Steve

I've got a 3-fan laptop cooler under my 622 that's using the front port. I plan on replacing it with an alternative cooling method, which is why I asked about the USB hub.

I have successfully used the Antec laptop cooler that has a dongle on the back of the usb plus, for pass-through. Works like a charm, and keeps the front port unused, and thus ugly no cables on the front of my HT setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts