2 External Hard Drives at Once?

19dodge

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Is there any way to hook up two external hard drives to the 622/722 at once? I know there's two USB ports - could two be hooked up at the same time?

Or do you have to use the same port for all hard drives? If so then, would a USB switch work for swapping between drives?

thanks,

Is there any way to hook up two external hard drives to the 622/722 at once? I know there's two USB ports - could two be hooked up at the same time?

Or do you have to use the same port for all hard drives? If so then, would a USB switch work for swapping between drives?

thanks,
Cannot use both 622 ports for 2 HDs. You can get a hub and connect two but only one can be powered up at a time.

When you plug in the second it says it is not available. Only the first is seen.

Last edited:
I have the USB drive enabled and connected via the rear USB connector and an AV700E but when I try to plug it into the front USB jack I get a message that says something to the effect that "too many USB devices are connected disconnect one". The same happened when I tried to plug in a thumb drive with digital pictures "Too many USB devices".

Wait... I just checked and it is error message 851 "Too many devices are connected to the USB port. The receiver can only support one at a time"

Steve

I've got a 3-fan laptop cooler under my 622 that's using the front port. I plan on replacing it with an alternative cooling method, which is why I asked about the USB hub.

I have successfully used the Antec laptop cooler that has a dongle on the back of the usb plus, for pass-through. Works like a charm, and keeps the front port unused, and thus ugly no cables on the front of my HT setup.

Cable question

Dish External Drive Instructions Missing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)