2 or 3 VIP622 questions.......

J3ff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
1. What does it mean when I tune to a channel and the lil box in the top left pops up and says "normal".......

2. How do I get it to UPCONVERT regular SD channels to 480p ? (I want it to fill the screen no matter what).....

3. How do I get TV2 to have REGULAL locals. So far it shows only the HD locals on SET 2 but this means the black bars are there, and this tv is too small for black bars

1. That's the aspect ratio setting. You can have normal, where 4X3 content is shown with black bars on the sides, or stretch where a 4X3 image is stretched to fill the screen, partial zoom or zoom fill the screen but leave off some info that was on the top, or grey bars. You cycle through these different modes by hitting the * button on the lower left hand corner of your remote.

2. The 480i SD programs will be automatically upconverted to 1080i. But if you are in "Normal" mode you will have to hit the * button as mentioed above to have those programs fill the screen. Depending on the program and your personal tastes you pick the mode that works best for your taste.

3. Again on TV2 use the * button and cycle through to get the picture you want.

I hope this helps.

1. That's the aspect ratio setting. You can have normal, where 4X3 content is shown with black bars on the sides, or stretch where a 4X3 image is stretched to fill the screen, partial zoom or zoom fill the screen but leave off some info that was on the top, or grey bars. You cycle through these different modes by hitting the * button on the lower left hand corner of your remote.

2. The 480i SD programs will be automatically upconverted to 1080i. But if you are in "Normal" mode you will have to hit the * button as mentioed above to have those programs fill the screen. Depending on the program and your personal tastes you pick the mode that works best for your taste.

3. Again on TV2 use the * button and cycle through to get the picture you want.

I hope this helps.

Thanks alot man. Helps very much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)