OTHER 2 questions. how can I connect satellite to my AVR and why am I getting two sats aimed at g19?!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edugamer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2019
pa
A bit off topic but here is the situation. I am running the gtmedia sat receiver through the craptacular builtin speakers on my hitachi plasma using normal HDMI.
I have two home theater receivers, a onkyo tx860 and a newer JVC one with optical in.
I want to connect the satellite to one of my receivers, but the sat receiver doesn't have optic out like my xbox and my bluray machines have on the back. There is an optical port on the back of my television set but I think it is an input. I might need to turn the set around to see whats up. How can I feed the digital stream into one of my receivers? At the least I'd be happy if I can get a 2channel analog stereo signal routed through the AVR.
I want to use it for music as there is some radio on satellite as well as the advantage of having an overall more enjoyable listening experience. Lol I am so use to my clipsch speakers for everything!

I also discovered I have locked into one of AMC21's tps somehow why is that? Pure luck? Some happy accident? The nature of the slimline oval reflector? overlapping sats?

AMC21 is at 125.0W, no way you are picking that up on a slimline aimed at 97.0W. Something wrong with the identification there. The optical connection on my TV is an output. The built in tuner is capable of multi-channel sound. :)

AMC21 is at 125.0W, no way you are picking that up on a slimline aimed at 97.0W. Something wrong with the identification there. The optical connection on my TV is an output. The built in tuner is capable of multi-channel sound. :)

I think he may even be able to hose the optical output of the TV into the AVR. My Insignia does that.

will look at it tomorrow.
thanks!
and yea that is weired. Probably some adjacent sat or something then? Getting a bunch of Spanish stuff when clicking the AMC21

I also discovered I have locked into one of AMC21's tps somehow why is that? Pure luck? Some happy accident? The nature of the slimline oval reflector? overlapping sats?
What makes you think it is an AMC21 transponder?

What makes you think it is an AMC21 transponder?
that is what is showing up when I hit the sat button on my remote.
once I click it it goes from all the religious and two or so spannish channels to stuff mostly from cuba.

I think he may even be able to hose the optical output of the TV into the AVR. My Insignia does that.
definitely will turn the set around and have a look tomorrow. If it is an out I think I should be goalden!
The set is an older one but hopefully new enough that it should meet all the hd standards for when it was made. It is a 42" plasma. It is heavy for what it is lol. Heavyest flat screan TV we have. Made some time between 2005 and 2015

that is what is showing up when I hit the sat button on my remote.
once I click it it goes from all the religious and two or so spannish channels to stuff mostly from cuba.
These receivers are dumb when it comes to which satellite they are receiving. For example I can put my dish at 105W, but go into the receiver on Galaxy 19 and tell it to scan. It will happily scan in the channels off of 105W, but it will show the channels as G19 in the receiver. So somehow you have inadvertently scan some channels in with it set to AMC21, when in fact you were not pointed at 125W.

OR, the receiver came with preinstalled transponders for different sats and you have some that are on both birds. However, no you are not getting 125W while pointed at 97W. ;)

Reactions: comfortably_numb
These receivers are dumb when it comes to which satellite they are receiving. For example I can put my dish at 105W, but go into the receiver on Galaxy 19 and tell it to scan. It will happily scan in the channels off of 105W, but it will show the channels as G19 in the receiver. So somehow you have inadvertently scan some channels in with it set to AMC21, when in fact you were not pointed at 125W.

OR, the receiver came with preinstalled transponders for different sats and you have some that are on both birds. However, no you are not getting 125W while pointed at 97W. ;)
had a feeling it had to be something along those lines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)