2 receivers on Glorystar setup?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

EileenH

Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
NewYork
I want to send my send my GloryStar
GEOSAT PRO DVR-1100c signal to 2 TVs. GloryStar sells a 2300MHz signal splitter to do this. Could I safely use a 5-1000MHz 2 way digital HDTV splitter that I have on hand to do this? If I could safely use it, would I just put my 5-1000MHz splitter in line on the "loup out" connection on my GEOSAT PRO 1100C ?

:welcomeFirst things first, Welcome to satellite Guys (and Gals).

If you want the same channel on both TVs you can certainly use that spliter to do that, however, the spliter will go on the TV output of the receiver with a coax to each TV.

If you want a different channel on each TV you will need another satellite receiver and the set up is somewhat more complicated. We can help you either way.

I want to send my send my GloryStar
GEOSAT PRO DVR-1100c signal to 2 TVs. GloryStar sells a 2300MHz signal splitter to do this. Could I safely use a 5-1000MHz 2 way digital HDTV splitter that I have on hand to do this? If I could safely use it, would I just put my 5-1000MHz splitter in line on the "loup out" connection on my GEOSAT PRO 1100C ?

using one dish for 2 receivers

Dear rv1pop,
Thank you for the lovely fireworks display "welcome", and many thanks for the information that I can use my "on hand" splitter to connect to the TV in the next bedroom. Whoopee!
I also have "on hand" a Fortec Star Mercury II receiver that I would like to connect to my one GloryStar dish which is currently on my roof .
From "stumbling" around on the GloryStar website I gather that, to connect my other receiver tp my one dish , I would have to buy something like their encoda 4x4 multi switch and two new SL2 bullet -GeoSatdual standard Ku LNBF's.
I couldn't figure out if i would also need a new clamp for the 2 new dual connect LNBF'S, or if my original single connect LNBF'S clamp would be useable with my new dual connect LNBF's. Would that be too technical a question to ask you?
Again, many thanks for your help with my splitter question.

you would not need a new bracket. The 2 LNB bracket that is stock on a Glorystar system works with all the "bullet" LNB's

So what you mentioned (the ecoda 4x4 switch and 2 dual LNB's) will work just fine for 2 (or more) receivers

no need for new LNBF bracket

Dear Mr "Iceberg", Thank you for sharing your wisdom about universal LNBF brackets, and reassuring me that the Ecoda 4X4 multi-switch combined with the new dual SL2 Bullet LBNfFs will give me workable 2 receiver GloryStar system. It was mighty kind of you to help me out. Thank you again. EileenH

Dear rv1pop, Thanks for your help. My 2-set, same-picture, TV setup in adjacent bedrooms is up and runing as of tonight. Your info that it was OK to go with my old, "on hand",splitter was the catalyst that got it done (quickly and cheaply). Thanks for giving me a hand. I hope that you, yourself, enjoyed some good TV viewing today. EileenH

Thank you, EileenH, for your kind words. Iceberg got to answer you before I did or I would have given you a very simular answer. Our TV viewing is almost exclusively Glorystar.

We have several systems set up - I do have two dishes one on AMC4 and the other on G19, mainly because I have more room than cash. With the 4X4 switch you are set up for 4 receivers once you get the dual LNBF's. I only have one low power TV so I more it to where we want to watch! With this setup we only need to run one cable to each building and can watch any channel there we have set up.

Enjoy your programs,
POP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)