200 HD channels?

I just think there needs to be a regulation on it so no provider can advertise PPV, VOD, or Alternate channels. If I were Dish I would advertise it the way they are too. As soon as you put the real national HD count in advertising then your competitors put up their rediculously HD count. It's kind of sad actually.

Not to be OT, but look at that AVS Chart and look at Insight Cable. That is what I had till I switched to E* and it was only $10 less then what I'm paying now...Boy I'm glad I switched!
Ghpr13:)

Got to be using more than strictly PPV to get that. They should clarify it to mean PPV and VOD.

Well I guess Directv has 495 HD Cinema channels too then.
There is about 120 real ones, and E*Part time HD RSN's don't even Show HD most of the time when they are supposed to.

I agree, Dish should not be using that type of count

They're both playing the same game, count PPV channels and count the RSN channels. Are the RSN HD channels in Directv part time like Dish Network? I think they're 24/7 but want to confirm first. If that's the case at least Directv could count the RSN HD channels. Dish? Nope.

They are 24/7. Granted, like most channels 100 percent of the content is not HD.

They are 24/7. Granted, like most channels 100 percent of the content is not HD.

Thanks for confirming, that's what I thought. IMO, Direct can count them as HD channels since it's not their fault that these channels don't show HD content all the time. But Dish shouldn't count them unless they have plans to make them 24/7. :)

Thanks for confirming, that's what I thought. IMO, Direct can count them as HD channels since it's not their fault that these channels don't show HD content all the time. But Dish shouldn't count them unless they have plans to make them 24/7. :)
Problem is Dish Has Game only HD channels. And they should count, But they don't hardly ever have any HD games on them.

SO IMO how can you count a channel when if your lucky you might catch a Mets game once a week in HD on SNY.
While D* is Showing Every Mets Game there is in HD on SNY.
Even the Part time D* rsns, are atleast showing games in HD like they are intended.
Not E* though.

Well RSN's are channels though.
They are fulltime channels.
PPV well, they are showing programming 24/7, It just so happends to be the same thing.
So in all honestly if the Channel is through Satellite , and has its own place in the channel line up, that has content 24/7 then its a channel.

I don't think you can or should be aloud to count anything you can't get through satellite.
If Internet is required then its not a channel.
VOD is Streaming from the internet. Again not channels.
I subscribe to the FYRE TV as well, But I don't call them channels. They are VOD.

The reason I wouldn't count RSNs is because they aren't available to everyone. Nobody can have every one of those channels, so why count them in a total? Just my opinion of course.

The reason I wouldn't count RSNs is because they aren't available to everyone. Nobody can have every one of those channels, so why count them in a total? Just my opinion of course.
They are available to everyone. Just like premiums, you have to subscribe to them.
Blackouts, Well you can find them on TBS ,MLB,and just about any channel showing pro games.
Just so happens the Rules make it impossible to view out of Market PRO Sports games.
Not really the Providers fault.

But with D* you have an option for $200 per year($16.67 per month) to watch as many out of market Pro Baseball games you want in SD and HD.
Not Really that bad of a deal considering you Pay $12.99 for just the Sports pack and get Nothing.
And E* RSN's well they don't show anything.
College football in SD

They are available to everyone. Just like premiums, you have to subscribe to them.
Blackouts, Well you can find them on TBS ,MLB,and just about any channel showing pro games.
Just so happens the Rules make it impossible to view out of Market PRO Sports games.
Not really the Providers fault.

But with D* you have an option for $200 per year($16.67 per month) to watch as many out of market Pro Baseball games you want in SD and HD.
Not Really that bad of a deal considering you Pay $12.99 for just the Sports pack and get Nothing.
And E* RSN's well they don't show anything.
College football in SD

Fox North shows almost all the games in scheduled in HD (at least 85 games this year) as does Comcast Chicago for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts