200 HD channels?

I don't agree with the way they count VOD, but that's still a mighty fine list.
Yep it is.
Which is why I think Dish should have kept their mouth shut about the bogus 200 channel count.
The list without 74 Cinema channels is quite good.
They should be proud.
We have 125 Quaility HD channels.
But now they put their foot in their mouth, and can't go back.

so I guess with them posting ABC NBC CBS and FOX 100% of people can get them. If not they do not offer 200 to everyone no matter if they include 74 VOD channels

Yep it is.
Which is why I think Dish should have kept their mouth shut about the bogus 200 channel count.
The list without 74 Cinema channels is quite good.
They should be proud.
We have 125 Quaility HD channels.
But now they put their foot in their mouth, and can't go back.

Sure they can, only a few weeks ago D* was still running their commercials touting their capacity for 200 HD Channels

So what is to stop DISH from changing again?

The reason I wouldn't count RSNs is because they aren't available to everyone. Nobody can have every one of those channels, so why count them in a total? Just my opinion of course.
Actually they are on Direct if you pay for it. You are I can pay to watch every single program on every single RSN, including those outside of our market (We would have to pay a lot, but it can be done).
We would have to pay for the sports pack to get the non pro game programming (cannot be done on Dish in HD)
We would have to pay for EI, CI, and LP to get the games (Dish does not offer EI so MLB cannot be viewed either)

On Dish you cannot do this in HD. First, they are only one during games. Second, they do not offer EI so the programming that is on the most cannot be seen outside of your market.

I don't agree with the way they count VOD, but that's still a mighty fine list.
Yep. If Dish were to just actually compare each channel one by one, they easily beat Direct. There is no need to do this stupid, 200 HD channel claim. Now it makes it more difficult to accept the truth as well (Direct is just as bad).

DirecTv says they have CONTRACTS for 160 HD channels (only have 130 live) and they hope nobody notices

Do we really need to have a dozen different threads spread over the whole website about this? Can they be merged into one thread possibly?

Sure they can, only a few weeks ago D* was still running their commercials touting their capacity for 200 HD Channels

So what is to stop DISH from changing again?
Capacity is not claiming you have them.
E* already has a bad image, this is one of the many reasons why. Charlie thinks people are stupid.

DirecTv says they have CONTRACTS for 160 HD channels (only have 130 live) and they hope nobody notices
Yep, Directv should put out as well or shut up.
D* can't fit that Tiny list of HD channel they are pitching right now?
Then Maybe they should have Launched 2 satellites, so were not out of room by June.

Hemi already counted them:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-vs-directv-war-zone/210172-e-200-hd-channel-list.html

Not even close to the 200 channels. IMO, VOD doesn't count.

Well I finally did it. I called up the HD guide and started counting. I lost track somewhere around 380. I did it a few more times just to be sure but I would always get distracted along the way. My best guess is between 370 and 400 channels that are listed as HD. I did not look at content, or if the station was actually broadcasting anything. Just, if it was listed on the guide. There are some that are duplicates but not 200 or them.

They have over 200 channels that can show HD programming. A lot are PPV, VOD, and Alternate Sports channels but they do have them. Dish is not lying. Even when you get rid of those channels Dish still has the most HD everyday channels. They also keep adding channels when they can to make people happy. I'm not sure why anyone is complaining, other than doing it just for the sake of complaining. People have always been great at doing that on here.

I guess people dont like the ''stretching of the truth''..

They all do it. Dish, Direc, Comcast.

I have not heard Att gloat about their HD numbers. Good for them!

Best bet is to be accurate. The numbers are constantly changing. Seems year to year. Dish has been the leader then direc knocks them down. Now it apears that Dish is back on top. Not by a wide margin.

As soon as direc gets their bird fully functional the numbers might change again.

Just wish all of them would be honest for a change.:(

Sometimes I wonder why E* & D* just don't do more regional advertising based on E* (or D*) vs local cable instead of going at each other all the time. Either one of them can pretty much blow any local cable company out of the water. Like in Louisville, KY, where Insight (our only cable company) has 59 HD channels, and they claim that they don't charge extra for HD, but the only way you can get HD is to rent their DVR (which is crap) for $15.00 a month. IMO, both D* & E* could do better with that approach rather then always going at each other.
Ghpr13:)

Yep, Directv should put out as well or shut up.
D* can't fit that Tiny list of HD channel they are pitching right now?
Then Maybe they should have Launched 2 satellites, so were not out of room by June.
whats the difference between a HD movie channel that loops the same movie for 24 hours (directv) and a VOD channel that shows 1 movie (dish) ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts