200 HD channels?

Let 'em count it however they want.

I only watch maybe 10-15 channels, so who cares if Dish has 199 and Direct has 198 - 90% of them are crap anyway.

You push for numbers you get just that a whole lot of crappy channels in pseudo - HD.

It's up to each of us to decide which provider we want.

If you're gullible and believe the ads, you get what you pay for.

We don't need more rules - we need fewer.

Be careful what you ask for - you might just get it.

Sometimes I wonder why E* & D* just don't do more regional advertising based on E* (or D*) vs local cable instead of going at each other all the time. Either one of them can pretty much blow any local cable company out of the water. Like in Louisville, KY, where Insight (our only cable company) has 59 HD channels, and they claim that they don't charge extra for HD, but the only way you can get HD is to rent their DVR (which is crap) for $15.00 a month. IMO, both D* & E* could do better with that approach rather then always going at each other.
Ghpr13:)

That makes way too much sense for either company to ever do that.:D

WHY ARE THE RSN's on that list as they are part time HD?

74 DISH Cinema HD channels? don't use some of them to fill up the part time HD and they count x2?

Part time or 24/7 they are still a channel and should be counted as such.

No they are not..... They should only be counted if they are up 24/7 I would like to know where they get the 74 PPV channels at, Im not seeing them. How about this why dont we take 30 of them, turn them off and put 24/7 HD rsn's on them and then take the remaining 44 channels and launch real HD w/ them. :up I'm up for every states AG going after both Directv and Dish.

Also, if I can only get some of those channels on a 922, then they better upgrade me for FREE! With out the additional monthly fees!

Capacity is not claiming you have them.
E* already has a bad image, this is one of the many reasons why. Charlie thinks people are stupid.
yeah a bad bad image thats why they more people jumped to Dish the last 2 quarters. Unless you own any trades of Directv or Dish you really need to chill on your crusade to trash Dish as its JUST TV. Your posts are crying crying crying over Dish, get over it, you left. Be happy and move on unless your trying to talk yourself into thinking your slow ass DVR is worth the $4.00 you save :rant:

922 only

No they are not..... They should only be counted if they are up 24/7 I would like to know where they get the 74 PPV channels at, Im not seeing them. How about this why dont we take 30 of them, turn them off and put 24/7 HD rsn's on them and then take the remaining 44 channels and launch real HD w/ them. :up I'm up for every states AG going after both Directv and Dish.

Also, if I can only get some of those channels on a 922, then they better upgrade me for FREE! With out the additional monthly fees!

I'm pretty sure that around 25 are only available on the new 922. And does that count, I would think so even though the majority can't get them. To part time RSN's count yes because they are on as well. I can get them but that's cuz I just don't give a shi* to pay for stuff I will never watch. So hear is more proof that it isn't relly how many just as long as it's the one's I watch. So that is one of the reasons that a large count is necessary so that everyone can get their favorite HD channel.

yeah a bad bad image thats why they more people jumped to Dish the last 2 quarters. Unless you own any trades of Directv or Dish you really need to chill on your crusade to trash Dish as its JUST TV. Your posts are crying crying crying over Dish, get over it, you left. Be happy and move on unless your trying to talk yourself into thinking your slow ass DVR is worth the $4.00 you save :rant:
2 HRs are alot cheaper per month then 2 722's, and don't even get me started on the fees on the single room 922.

Dish VIP are the best,No doubt.
E* VOD flat out Sucks,and thats where they claim 57 of their HD channels are at $7 a shot,and 24 hours it takes to download.
I thought VOD was just that VOD, not in 12 hours you can start watching it.

$10 per month DVR fee?? Ha Ha
Wow 3 rooms of HD DVR will cost you $26-$30 per month in Just in fees . With 2 of the crappy vip 612's in the mix.
Where does this End?

$5 downgrade fee's
$15 return receiver fee's.

Yep if you use their shipping label you get charged $15.
Found that out on my 622.
Tiny Print at the bottom of shipping instructions stated this.
3 years as a customer and I have to drop off and pay to ship back receivers that aren't mine.
No DVR is worth that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)