2006 Baseball Division Series Playoffs

sidekick said:
To me, Derek Jeter is the ultimate team player.

I agree. Jeter is a guy who is good for baseball in the time of steroid use. He is a pure batter who plays the game. What I mean, is that he does not hit for Home Runs. The great Ty Cobb always said that Home Runs were a sissy's way of playing the game.

Jeter is a class act, on and off the field. He is a team player. His game is all around great on both the bat, and feild. You can not get better than Jeter. If he does not get MVP this year, it will be for political reasons.

I just wish he played on another team than the Yankees.

I would like to put my 2cents in and say that Pujols is probably the best pure hitter we will see in our lifetimes. His fielding has improved tremendously as well.

He and Jeter are pretty close though...

Big News

El Duque is out of the Post Season Roster for the Mets. He has a broken bone injury that will keep him out of the playoffs. The Mets added a rookie pitcher and Oliver Perez to their Roster. Also, John Maine (sp?) will start in Game 1.

What a turn of events for the Mets????? No Pedro....No El Duqe....:eek:

Sean Mota said:
El Duque is out of the Post Season Roster for the Mets. He has a broken bone injury that will keep him out of the playoffs. The Mets added a rookie pitcher and Oliver Perez to their Roster. Also, John Maine (sp?) will start in Game 1.

That sucks. I dont like the Mets being from St. Louis.....we were great rivials in the mid 80's but still you want to beat a team at there best and compete with your best. We had our share of playoff boo - boos. cloeman , clark and pendelton in the 80's mc gwrie rollen carp, healthy is a important as talent. what can you do??

As much as I hate the Yankees, ain't nobody beating them this year. That line-up is just too much and tell what team in the Playoffs has the pitching to stop that line-up?

The Mets were the only team that could beat them but without Pedro and El Duque now, the World Series champions should be the Yankees.

BTW, I really hope that I'm wrong here. :D

Sounds like the Mets need to dig down deep and produce another "Miracle Mets" team. Where's Marv Throneberry when you need him ...lol

Sean Mota said:

I just watched Hunter dive for the ball. What a critical mistake that could cost the Twins the series. With two outs in an inning why would you go for a ball like that with the game tied....

On the Mets who are winning 6-4.... the Dodgers lost the game on the 2nd inning when both Ken and Drew were thrown out on a single play. Never have seen something like that. But that is the game.... see ya Dodger fans on Next game... tomorrow....

Carlos Delgado is 4-4 today and now comes to the plate with the bases loaded. A hit and the Dodgers can pack it up today and do not consider playing the nineth :D

Sean Mota said:
Can the Twins rebound from a 2-0 hole? Everything is possible but I can't see it....

Sure they could! The A's lost to the Yankees in 2001 after taking two in NY. In 2003 they lost to the twins after taking a two in MN. This is a different team though i feel like they can win this year. Also no one is giving them a chance so no pressure. All they have to do is play ball!

Excellent win by the Tigers and Padres look like they want to repeat last year performance. Now is a series between Tigers and Yankees. Padres have lost 9 straight post season games since 1998!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts