2006 Baseball Division Series Playoffs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
joedekock said:
The Twins have made the most noise the last half of the year, but they are doing it on the mound. They are not a complete team yet.

Huh ???
The Twins are a very good hitting team...
Thier hitting worries me more than the pitching ....
IF we get that far.

Jimbo
Go Tigers
Go Buckeyes

Twins over the A's in 5
Tigers over the Yankees in 5
Tigers over the Twins in 7

Mets over the Dodgers in 5
Cardinals over the Padres in 5
Mets over the Cardinals in 5

Mets over the Tigers in 7

Yankees Line up

1.Damon
2.Jeter
3.Abreu
4.Shefield
5.Giambi
6.Rodriguez
7.Matsui
8.Posada
9.Cano

Pitching most of the time seems to stop "good hitting". This is what the Tigers Pitchers have to deal with. The #9 hitter is batting .340 for the season. :eek: On the bench... The always dangerous (and rises to the occasion in post seasons) Bernie Williams. Melky Cabrera on the bench as well. Both switch-hitters.

From the NL the team i think will be in the WS is.......________( you fill in the blank) I think it is that wide open. I would not be shocked to see any of the teams lose in the first round or any of them to advance to the WS. All have + & -.

In the AL its tough not to pick the Yankees, but i will anyway. The Twins with Santana winning every game he pitches in the playoffs.

So the 2006 WORLD SERIES!??? The Cardinals get there revenge on that stupid building they call a stadium ( no offense but the Metrodome is NOT a ball yard!) and raise there 10th world championship banner!!!

Do I reallly think the Card's will win it all?? Well, I did not think Samson would take down Goilith(sp).
You never know...PLAY BALL!!! It's going to be fun!1 (BTW-- if St louis was not home, and the Cardinals were not a life long love, my thoughts might differ. lol)

Last edited:
Sean Mota said:
Yankees Line up

1.Damon
2.Jeter
3.Abreu
4.Shefield
5.Giambi
6.Rodriguez
7.Matsui
8.Posada
9.Cano

Pitching most of the time seems to stop "good hitting". This is what the Tigers Pitchers have to deal with. The #9 hitter is batting .340 for the season. :eek: On the bench... The always dangerous (and rises to the occasion in post seasons) Bernie Williams. Melky Cabrera on the bench as well. Both switch-hitters.
number 9 hitter may hit .340 but the number 4-5-6 hitters strike out alot and hit in the .250-.290 range.
Any one can pick a hitter out of the lineup and says he hits better than someone elses number so and so hitter.

IF the Tigers pitching start pitching like they are capable of, this will be a very good series.
I see that your starter tonight had a very good year, but everyone is saying they have such a pitching advantage over Detroit, I don't see it....
They are concerned with the Tigers rookie pitchers, last time I looked Wang was not a seasoned vetern, he's not done anything in the post season either.

What was it thet Jeter said when then Yankees lost last year, something about these are not Yankees, something to that idea .... True Yankees was it...

Well they have no more Yankees this year than last year.....

Yankees fans may ultimatly have the last laugh, but it would be nice to at least be accnoledged ... We were the best team in baseball for most of the year.

Jimbo
Go Tigers

Last edited:
Padres on the verge of going down on the first game. Peavy just look the same as last year. Belliard saved the game for the cards.

Cardinals win 5-1... Same old story... What has changed since last year for the Padres? The "favorites" so far have lost.

Sean Mota said:
Cardinals win 5-1... Same old story... What has changed since last year for the Padres? The "favorites" so far have lost.
Good. Gives me hope the Yankees will fall too.

Jimbos said:
Do the announcers have to be on the Yankee payroll too ????

Both McCarver and Buck have always been anti-Yankees... :) It is hard to pitch this line up since every hitter has the possibility of getting you. Derek had a 5-5 night very quietly but deadly.

I saw one stat on the broadcast about the first 4 hitters of the Yankees. It was just ridiculous. But here are some....

Damon 2-5 2 Runs scored
Jeter 5-5, 3 Runs scored
Abreun 2-5 4 RBI, Run

and I do not remember Shefield and Giambi but the numbers were just way out there.