2008-09 College Bowl Season

Actually, Alabama was never mentioned that I know of before the selection...
You think Texas is that much easier than Alabama ?
Texas has a pretty good grip about THEM being #1.

Jimbo

Do I think Alabama could beat texas? Wow that would be a real tough game, I really think it could go either way.. Why does Texas have a #1 slot vs Bama? Both are one loss teams. Both lost to teams that either were or are now in the top 2. Alabamas loss came in a conference title game, Texas did not even make it to their title game. After Jan 8th we will see how overratted OK is. Of course Texas will wipe the floor with OSU and then cry foul. OSU should not be on the same field as Texas this year. Texas vs Bama should of been the game to play.

Well everyone here keeps saying how much better Pryor will be next year when he's older, perhaps we should wait until then before we take on the big boys. Another embarassment on the big stage is a far greater negative than beating a 'nobody' in the Capital One bowl.

And if we would have gone to the CO bowl we would have played Georgia...hardly a nobody. We could have gained some respect back by beating an SEC team for a change. Although a victory over Georgia would harldy be a given.

I watched Knowshon Moreno play high school football many times. He's way fast for our defense.

Sandra

The buckeyes playing GA would of been good. At least it would of been a team on the same level this year as the buckeyes.. They could of even won. Think of it this way jimbo it would of gave you some ammunition against us SEC fanboys ;)

Actually I thought Ga Tech was going to lose to Georgia in the final game. Tech's been fumbling too much this year, and the Dawgs do have a great offense, just happen to have a bad defense. Fortunately Tech was able to not turnover the ball, and that helped them hold on to a 3-pt win.

I always hope my team will win, not expect. Unless the competition is someone like Podunk State College. ;)

I think Ohio St. is a great team, just that they weren't a match for LSU or Florida the past two years. If they had gone to the Capital One Bowl this year, they'd probably run roughshod over Georgia's defense. The question would be if they could stop Stafford and Moreno.

Last year I argued for Ohio St. to be #1 in the final BCS poll, based on being the only one with 1 loss. Still thought LSU was better based on how they played, but Ohio St. still had every right to be in the MNC the past two years based on their better record than everyone else. But what gets me are the lame excuses for the losses (especially the one about wanting to play a weaker Michigan team instead of Florida). If the Ohio St. fans would just admit that LSU & Florida were better teams those years, then people might not dump on them so much.

Thats the only reason I am hard on Jimbo.. Excuse after Excuse After Excuse.

I made no excuse when Mich Destroyed Florida... They kicked our ass end of story. The final score didnt even reflect how bad they beat us.

Do I think Alabama could beat texas? Wow that would be a real tough game, I really think it could go either way.. Why does Texas have a #1 slot vs Bama? Both are one loss teams. Both lost to teams that either were or are now in the top 2. Alabamas loss came in a conference title game, Texas did not even make it to their title game. After Jan 8th we will see how overratted OK is. Of course Texas will wipe the floor with OSU and then cry foul. OSU should not be on the same field as Texas this year. Texas vs Bama should of been the game to play.

If Bama wanted to play with the big boys, they should've beaten Florida. We all know late loses effect the BCS rankings more so than early loses.

The buckeyes playing GA would of been good. At least it would of been a team on the same level this year as the buckeyes.. They could of even won. Think of it this way jimbo it would of gave you some ammunition against us SEC fanboys ;)

Sorry, but a win over Texas would be bigger than a win over a mediocre Georgia. Your love for the SEC has got you all screwed up in the head. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but a win over Texas would be bigger than a win over a mediocre Georgia. Your love for the SEC has got you all screwed up in the head. :rolleyes:

Thats not the point. Beating texas would be bigger for OSU.. However they have next to 0 chance beating texas.. At least GA they had a good chance of beating, thus giving them a win as oppose to a loss. Not just a win but a win against an SEC team, (making them 1-9) and giving Jimbo some ammunition on this site ;)

Thats not the point. Beating texas would be bigger for OSU.. However they have next to 0 chance beating texas.. At least GA they had a good chance of beating, thus giving them a win as oppose to a loss. Not just a win but a win against an SEC team, (making them 1-9) and giving Jimbo some ammunition on this site ;)

As a fellow Buckeye fan, I personally want my team to play in the biggest bowl against the best opponent possible. If we lose against Texas, so be it. I wouldn't want to settle for a lesser non BCS bowl just for the sake of getting a win against a mediocre SEC team. We get enough feel good wins against Michigan every year.

As a fellow Buckeye fan, I personally want my team to play in the biggest bowl against the best opponent possible. If we lose against Texas, so be it. I wouldn't want to settle for a lesser non BCS bowl just for the sake of getting a win against a mediocre SEC team. We get enough feel good wins against Michigan every year.

Losing is one thing. But playing Texas now gives us the chance to be thoroughly embarassed yet again in front of the entire NCAA football world.

I'd be so happy to say I was wrong, but I fear another annihiliation is ahead of us. Texas is just way too athletic for us, way too strong on offense, and much better coached right now. Tressel coaches like his team has gotten blown out in big games a lot recently, and the whole team seems to reflect that. Penalties, stupid mistakes, turnovers at the worst possible moment...you name it, it happens to OSU.

Then we'll have to put up with another round of excuses by the Buckeye faithful. And everyone will tell us why they'll be so much better next year because of Pryor. Nice.

Sandra

Losing is one thing. But playing Texas now gives us the chance to be thoroughly embarassed yet again in front of the entire NCAA football world.

I'd be so happy to say I was wrong, but I fear another annihiliation is ahead of us. Texas is just way too athletic for us, way too strong on offense, and much better coached right now. Tressel coaches like his team has gotten blown out in big games a lot recently, and the whole team seems to reflect that. Penalties, stupid mistakes, turnovers at the worst possible moment...you name it, it happens to OSU.

Then we'll have to put up with another round of excuses by the Buckeye faithful. And everyone will tell us why they'll be so much better next year because of Pryor. Nice.

Sandra

I guess I'm not as touchy as other Buckeye fans, but it sounds like I view the whole thing completely different. Personally, I could care less about the potential to be "embarrassed." To me, you have to beat the big boys to gain respect. Taking a lesser game would be taking an easy way out. But if we lose, it's because the better team won. No excuses here.

I think Ohio State Football has established enough credibility throughout their history to worry about such things as being "embarrassed" in a bowl game. So we lost the last two MNC's.... great. We'll be back to avenge those loses soon enough.

This football program still continues to be among the best in generating top recruits, we have one of the strongest fan/alumni bases along with an extremely storied program to fall back on. The Buckeyes will continue to improve and will be remain competitve for years to come.

No fear here. Bring on the Longhorns. May the best team win!

I guess I'm not as touchy as other Buckeye fans, but it sounds like I view the whole thing completely different. Personally, I could care less about the potential to be "embarrassed." To me, you have to beat the big boys to gain respect. Taking a lesser game would be taking an easy way out. But if we lose, it's because the better team won. No excuses here.

I think Ohio State Football has established enough credibility throughout their history to worry about such things as being "embarrassed" in a bowl game. So we lost the last two MNC's.... great. We'll be back to avenge those loses soon enough.

This football program still continues to be among the best in generating top recruits, we have one of the strongest fan/alumni bases along with an extremely storied program to fall back on. The Buckeyes will continue to improve and will be remain competitve for years to come.

No fear here. Bring on the Longhorns. May the best team win!

There is always something to be said for the 'Glass is half-full' approach. As long as it doesn't slide into some of the ridiculous excuse-making we've seen here this season.

Despite the credibility that has been established throughout their history, right now, at least outside of Ohio, the Buckeyes are looked at as a national joke. Getting blown out by Texas will only give more fuel to the ridicule. And despite the many recruiting advantages the Buckeyes enjoy, being humiliated over and over and over again in big games will eventually make some recruits take notice. Not all, but perhaps some.

Nebraska and Michigan also have extremely storied programs to fall back on, look how that's helping them right now.

Yes, bring on the Longhorns and let the best team win...Unfortunately.

Sandra

You do realize that if you guys beat us (MICHIGAN) 15 more times in a row, the series will finally be tied. You should live so long.;) Have your fun now, it will change again, and I will be there to lord it over you. You can talk the talk, if you EVER tie the series, you can walk the walk.

Anyone see that commercial for Fathead where an Ohio State fan is tackled by a Michigan fan?

That's about the only thing that the Wolverines did against the Buckeyes that went their way.

[/b]

You do realize that if you guys beat us (MICHIGAN) 15 more times in a row, the series will finally be tied. You should live so long.;) Have your fun now, it will change again, and I will be there to lord it over you. You can talk the talk, if you EVER tie the series, you can walk the walk.

I'll give you that, but it's all about what have you done for me lately.

Michigan still holds the overall series lead primarily because they used to dominate back in the Colonial era. The State up North beat the Buckeyes 19 out of their first 22 games from 1897-1927. But keep holding onto the past Paulie. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts