2008-09 College Bowl Season

Not so sure that Nevada and Connecticut will be easy games though.

Nevada's a weird team- played Texas Tech and Boise State hard, but got bitch-slapped by Mizzou.

As for UConn, not only will they have Donald Brown, but you know hancox will be all over that.

The U making it harder and harder to FIELD A TEAM, much less win!!!

Ivory is fifth Hurricane suspended from Emerald Bowl

Associated Press
Updated: December 25, 2008, 2:22 PM ET

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami punt snapper Chris Ivory will not play in Saturday's Emerald Bowl because he violated an unspecified team rule.

He is the fifth Hurricanes player to be suspended for the final game of the season.

Ivory did not accompany the Hurricanes to San Francisco, where Miami (7-5) will face California (8-4) on Saturday.

He also was suspended for the season-opener against Charleston Southern for another rules violation, but won the Albert Bentley Award as the team's most valuable walk-on player.

Jake Byrne, who handles snaps on field goals, will take over Ivory's punt-team duties. Byrne also will be the backup quarterback behind Jacory Harris, who will start after Robert Marve was suspended for missing classes.

Tight ends Richard Gordon and Tervaris Johnson, along with linebacker Jordan Futch, also were suspended last week for the bowl game because of team rules violations.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls08/news/story?id=3792899"]Miami Hurricanes suspend Chris Ivory from Emerald Bowl - ESPN[/ame]

BUT, I like it!!! Let's me and other U fans and alumni that the coaching staff will run a tight ship and will put EVERYONE, regardless of being a starter or not, on notice!

Nice job Randy Shannon.:up

I think it's good for college football when Miami, Nebraska, and Alabama are relavent.

BTW, hard to believe the Irish hadn't won a bowl game in 14 years- last time they did so prior to this year, salsa's Raiders were in L.A.

As a ND fan for 25 years now, I have to admit we lost our "luster;" recruiting is becoming increasingly harder with more kids looking to be on the highlight reel a la an SEC team or USC.

Seems like the last time Miami was relevant, the Buckeyes were disposing of them in the national championship game.

I don't know if Nebraska will ever be relevant again.

Sandra

Oh Please. Let it go.

IT has been...a long time ago really... but using words like "dismantling" when they won due to pass interference call....please...:rolleyes: Whether it was seen by EVERYONE in the country or not seen by the tOSU fans... ANYWAY you look at it, the call decided the game. It was not decided by the players....

Oh, wonderful clock managemet by Miami at the end. :rolleyes:

Perhaps they should go back to fielding teams of criminals, then clock management wouldn't matter so much. This playing by the rules thing seems to be a problem for them. ;)

Sandra

Memo to Miami- GET A RUN STUFFER!!

Salsa, no offense, but I think I could have done a better job tackling Jarvis Best than any of the Hurricanes.

Hell, Matt would have held him under 100 yards.

Sabres (Sandra ain't the only one mentioning who she is at the end of every post!)

Oh, wonderful clock managemet by Miami at the end. :rolleyes:

Perhaps they should go back to fielding teams of criminals, then clock management wouldn't matter so much. This playing by the rules thing seems to be a problem for them. ;)

Sandra

No thank you....I like that fact that our coach is trying to run a clean program. Not afraid of suspending starters for team rules.....as opposed to other coaches that turn a blind eye and use the excuse of 'I can't have an eye on all 57 or so players..!' Or PRETEND to rune clean programs.....:rolleyes:

No worries though, this was a very young team that made young mistakes. The 'Canes will be competing for the ACC championship next season and a NATIONAL Championship the season after.;)

Time for College football playoffs?

Tebow coming back for more...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)