2008-09 College Bowl Season

Texas will pound OSU into the turf. This game won't be close. The only good thing about this matchup for OSU is that they won't be expected to win, so it won't be a disappointment when they lose.
Were they expected to win the past two years? :confused:
Oh yeah, in the minds of tOSU fans. ;)

The better matchup would have been Texas vs. Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. That would be a war I'd pay money to see.
I agree, that would have been a classic matchup.

I also would of enjoyed Alabama vs Texas much more.. OSU will just be a blow out, and then we have to listen to texas cry about it and say "see we should of been in the title game" Specially after Florida destroys OK..

Texas will pound OSU into the turf. This game won't be close. The only good thing about this matchup for OSU is that they won't be expected to win, so it won't be a disappointment when they lose.

The better matchup would have been Texas vs. Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. That would be a war I'd pay money to see.

I totally agree. Texas vs. Alabama would have been like a third place game. Ohio State has no business being in a third place game.

OSU badly needs a bowl victory of any kind, I would have preferred us go to a lesser bowl and beat a bad team instead.

Sandra

I totally agree. Texas vs. Alabama would have been like a third place game. Ohio State has no business being in a third place game.

OSU badly needs a bowl victory of any kind, I would have preferred us go to a lesser bowl and beat a bad team instead.
At least they didn't have to go to the Capital One Bowl and get stomped by yet another SEC team. ;)

Even if Ohio St. manages to defy the odds and beat Texas, it's still not an SEC team.
Though I think they stood an even chance at beating Georiga and ending the SEC streak against them.

At least they didn't have to go to the Capital One Bowl and get stomped by yet another SEC team. ;)

Even if Ohio St. manages to defy the odds and beat Texas, it's still not an SEC team.
Though I think they stood an even chance at beating Georiga and ending the SEC streak against them.

Texas ended the regular season at #3 in the BCS Polls, ahead of every other SEC team except for 1 (Florida). I don't care what anyone says, a win over Texas would be HUGE!

BTW, don't discount the Buckeyes just yet. Sure the Longhorns appear to be the superior team, but this game should settle the score of recent memory between the two programs.....

In 2005, Vince Young and Texas beat the Buckeyes on the final drive with 2:00 left in the 4th quarter for a touchdown.
Final Score: Texas 25, Ohio St 22

In 2006, Troy Smith and Ohio State outmatched Colt McCoy and company in Austin, TX.
Final Score: Ohio St. 24, Texas 7.

Make it the best of 3.

See you January 5th Longhorns!

Texas by 10. I don't see the big 12 going 7-0, regardless of how good their teams are, things happen. Most likely suspects-Oklahoma, the best team in the country, but a poor performer in bowls, add Florida playing in Florida and it may be another bad bowl season for the Sooners. The other likely candidates are Kansas and Nebraska.:D

Isn't USC versus PSU isn't "like" a third place game? The winner of that game would have as much claim to the title as the actual BCS championship game winner.

That is true what was I thinking :up

I bet you had a huge sie of relief when you found out it was OSU vs Texas and not Alabama :eureka

Actually, Alabama was never mentioned that I know of before the selection...
You think Texas is that much easier than Alabama ?
Texas has a pretty good grip about THEM being #1.

Jimbo

Sandra
So you would rather go to the Capitol One bowl and play no one ?
How would that be better for the Bucks.
The Bucks need to continue to play top teams, had they went to a lesser bowl and beat someone, Who cares, it does NOTHING for them.

Remember the BSC is ONLY worried about the TOP game, they have no pull on the rest of the games, that goes to what the commitee thinks might be a good match up and who will pack the place.

Jimbo

So you would rather go to the Capitol One bowl and play no one ?
How would that be better for the Bucks.
The Bucks need to continue to play top teams, had they went to a lesser bowl and beat someone, Who cares, it does NOTHING for them.

Remember the BSC is ONLY worried about the TOP game, they have no pull on the rest of the games, that goes to what the commitee thinks might be a good match up and who will pack the place.

Jimbo

Beating 'no one' in the Capital One bowl would be a lot better than another disgrace in front of the entire football world. I just can't sit through another 45-17 pasting by a good team, and I don't think the rest of the country can, either.

Sandra

Beating 'no one' in the Capital One bowl would be a lot better than another disgrace in front of the entire football world. I just can't sit through another 45-17 pasting by a good team, and I don't think the rest of the country can, either.

Sandra
But beating a no body does NOTHING for getting the Buckeyes back on the map as a team worthy of big games.

But beating a no body does NOTHING for getting the Buckeyes back on the map as a team worthy of big games.

Well everyone here keeps saying how much better Pryor will be next year when he's older, perhaps we should wait until then before we take on the big boys. Another embarassment on the big stage is a far greater negative than beating a 'nobody' in the Capital One bowl.

And if we would have gone to the CO bowl we would have played Georgia...hardly a nobody. We could have gained some respect back by beating an SEC team for a change. Although a victory over Georgia would harldy be a given.

I watched Knowshon Moreno play high school football many times. He's way fast for our defense.

Sandra

I watched Knowshon Moreno play high school football many times. He's way fast for our defense.

Sandra, Georgia has NO defense.

Against their only three decent opponents- Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech- they gave up a combined 135 points- that averages to about 45 points allowed in 3 losses!

Don't you EXPECT your team to win regardless ?
Actually I thought Ga Tech was going to lose to Georgia in the final game. Tech's been fumbling too much this year, and the Dawgs do have a great offense, just happen to have a bad defense. Fortunately Tech was able to not turnover the ball, and that helped them hold on to a 3-pt win.

I always hope my team will win, not expect. Unless the competition is someone like Podunk State College. ;)

I think Ohio St. is a great team, just that they weren't a match for LSU or Florida the past two years. If they had gone to the Capital One Bowl this year, they'd probably run roughshod over Georgia's defense. The question would be if they could stop Stafford and Moreno.

Last year I argued for Ohio St. to be #1 in the final BCS poll, based on being the only one with 1 loss. Still thought LSU was better based on how they played, but Ohio St. still had every right to be in the MNC the past two years based on their better record than everyone else. But what gets me are the lame excuses for the losses (especially the one about wanting to play a weaker Michigan team instead of Florida). If the Ohio St. fans would just admit that LSU & Florida were better teams those years, then people might not dump on them so much.

Sandra, Georgia has NO defense.

Against their only three decent opponents- Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech- they gave up a combined 135 points- that averages to about 45 points allowed in 3 losses!
:confused: Did you mean Alabama? Also, don't forget that LSU dropped 38 points on them as well, and those weren't meaningless scores - the two teams were never more than 14 points apart late in the game. A shoddy defense was Georgia's problem last year as well, even though they claimed they should've been SEC champs and all. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)