2008 MLB All-Star Game

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Is this a good All-Star Game or a really boring one?

Boring. Especially after all the build up and overbearing pre-game festivities and media hype. If i hear one more time that this is the "last All-Star game in historic Yankee Stadium", I think I'm going to reach through the screen and smack Joe Buck.

BTW, did anyone happen to see the pre-game red carpet special before the game?! They literally shutdown a street in NYC and rolled out a red carpet for the players to drive their motorcade through like a parade! Only in NY!

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Boring. Especially after all the build up and overbearing pre-game festivities and media hype. If i hear one more time that this is the "last All-Star game in historic Yankee Stadium", I think I'm going to reach through the screen and smack Joe Buck.

BTW, did anyone happen to see the pre-game red carpet special before the game?! They literally shutdown a street in NYC and rolled out a red carpet for the players to drive their motorcade through like a parade! Only in NY!
When you get your hand thru to smack him, Give one to MCCArver for me :up

Thanks,
Jimbo

Unfortunately Mr. Jeter is not Mr. Clutch.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Nothing against the FAN's Voting, but NOW is when the game gets good.

The players that their other players and managers feel should be there are soon to be playing.
These are the ones voted on by thier players and managers is what I was trying to say.

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
I question leaving Justin Duchscherer in so long. This is the 6th inning and the AL still has the Big 4 in the pen! (F-Rod, Papelbon, Nathan and Mo).

*Edited- Damage limited. The AL got out of the inning. 2-0 NL, bottom of the 6th....

There was a mention earlier in the game about managers wanting to keep pitcheers in for at least an inning.
I thought about pulling him after they had 1st and 3rd, but he had only pitched to 2 batters I think, that seems a bit harsh.

AL will get it going soon.
I hope...

Jimbo

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
At least this year's singers of 'God Bless America' and the Star-Spangled Banner, unlike the past, weren't done by those from 'Idol.'

BTW, that was a VERY nice rendition by Mr. Groban.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Josh Groban?!

That may have been the "gayest" God Bless America I've ever heard! (Not that there is anything wrong with that).

They might as well have had Kenny G. play the tune on his clarinet!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Just wondering,

but if YOU were to choose someone to sing 'God Bless America,' who would you have chosen?

Sorry, I guess I was a little hard on Groban. ;)

Anyways, I don't care for many of the current artists out there these days. I do think it would've been fitting to hear that Irish tenor, Ronan Tynan who sang GBA following 9-11 one last time in Yankee Stadium. IMO, he always sang it the best!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)