2008 MLB Postseason Awards

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
IMO, Ryan Howard got hosed.

In the end, the Baseball Writers' Association of America joined the chorus, choosing not to penalize Pujols for his team's fourth-place finish. In fact, it's possible that quite the opposite happened -- that Pujols was rewarded for the Cardinals' place in the standings.

Remember, Howard carried the Phillies on his back in September while Pujols dd nothing in the final month.

It was not only a supremely productive season for Pujols, it was a consistent one as well. He never hit lower than .302 in any month, never had an OBP lower than .413 and never slugged below .558. He came on especially strong in the second half, batting .366 and slugging .706 after the All-Star break. Pujols finished seven points behind Chipper Jones in the race for the NL batting title.

Crowning achievement: Pujols NL MVP | MLB.com: News

Why change the rules? Last time I read them it doesn't mention the record or place the team comes in, in order to be eligible for these awards.

While this true, your teams record does factor in. How would you feel about Miguel Cabrera winning the AL MVP (he wont)? His numbers were as good or better than anyone's this season. First in HR's ,second or third in RBI's, and he hit over .300. BUT, he played for an extremely under-achieving team (Tigers). If it's just about the numbers, I've made a good argument .

I am VERY, VERY, VERY disappointed that KRod got nothing for the season he had with the Angels.

Well Mariano Rivera has never won an MVP or Cy, and he has had years that were just as good as Krod's this year. Closers just don't get recognition in post season awards.

Well Mariano Rivera has never won an MVP or Cy, and he has had years that were just as good as Krod's this year. Closers just don't get recognition in post season awards.

For God's sake, he had a record 62 saves last season and led the Angels to a 100 win season.

Eric Gagne won the 2003 CY for the Dodgers.

For God's sake, he had a record 62 saves last season and led the Angels to a 100 win season.

Eric Gagne won the 2003 CY for the Dodgers.

This is true. A shame K-Rod didn't win this award after shattering the save record.

Even sadder, relievers don't get the cred even later on in life. To date, there are only 5 relievers voted into the Hall-of-Fame!

CONGRATS TO DUSTIN!

Now that I have had my "homer moment"...

Sincere congratulations to Dustin in winning the AL MVP. He is quite a player and a name we are going to be saying and hearing for a long, long time when awards are handed out like Sizemore and Granderson.

And congrats to our loyal Boston Red Sox man, Bill. I am sure he is VERY pleased with the choice.

Now that I have had my "homer moment"...

Sincere congratulations to Dustin in winning the AL MVP. He is quite a player and a name we are going to be saying and hearing for a long, long time when awards are handed out like Sizemore and Granderson.

And congrats to our loyal Boston Red Sox man, Bill. I am sure he is VERY pleased with the choice.

Well said. Congrat's Dustin. You pesky little SOB. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)