2008 Pennant Races

With all due respect, the Cubs destroyed the Brewers on their homefield four straight when the Brewers were white hot.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Brewers A LOT, but the Cubs, at least currently, ARE in good shape.

Uh...they were no longer white hot after the road trip, they just came home and lost 2 of 3 to the houston astro's prior to playing the cubs, so they had definately cooled off. They are the only team to dominate the cubs at Wrigley field so far this season taking 2 of 3 games in both series going 4-2 vs the cubs at wrigley.
So once again "with all due respect" they ARENOT in good shape.

Uh...they were no longer white hot after the road trip, they just came home and lost 2 of 3 to the houston astro's prior to playing the cubs, so they had definately cooled off. They are the only team to dominate the cubs at Wrigley field so far this season taking 2 of 3 games in both series going 4-2 vs the cubs at wrigley.
So once again "with all due respect" they ARENOT in good shape.

Chill.........what's with the attitude? When I stated the Cubs are "sitting pretty" I was referring to a PLAYOFF BERTH , not necessarily winning the division. If you look back at my initial post I said that the Angels, Rays, and Cubs were sitting pretty. ONLY the Angels were labeled a "lock" by me. The Cubs are currently 6.5 games ahead for a playoff berth, and we're now in the middle of August. And you're saying they're "not in good shape" ??? :eek:

Sorry I get a little testy when It comes to my Brewers.:rolleyes:
I didn't see anything in your original post that alluded that
you were just talking about the playoffs. In that scenario
it does look favorable for them (cubs). My contention is that the
Brewers are not done challenging them for the Division
and I stated the reasons why. I would be interested in hearing your
response to my post and not the semantics. Thanks.
I think it will be an interesting finish.

:) Don't worry about. I apologize if you took my original post the wrong way. The Brewers can definitely still win this division, they certainly have the talent to do so. I'm also fairly certain that the wildcard will be coming from the Central, and I do believe it will be Cubs/Brewers or Brewers/Cubs with the Cardinals on the outside looking in.

AMERICAN LEAGUE:
The White Sox are once again in first place by a half game over the Twins.

The Red Sox moved to within three games of the Rays. The Yankees move up to eight games back.

The Angels now lead the West by 15 games! :eek:

The Red Sox lead the wildcard race by 2.5 games over the Twins, and five games over the Yankees.

NATIONAL LEAGUE:
The Phillies lost to the Dodgers again, so the Mets are now only one game back in the East, with the Marlins hanging in there only 1.5 back.

The Brewers are now only three games in back of the Cubs (who were rained out) in the Central. The Cardinals fell to seven games out.

The D-Backs retained their one game lead over the Dodgers.

Ironically, the wildcard race has the largest deficit of any NL race. The Brewers extended their lead to four games over the Cardinals, while the Mets and Marlins are 5.5 and 6 games back respectively.

Jowee, how do you like Sabathia? How's he fitting in Milwaukee?

Jowee, how do you like Sabathia? How's he fitting in Milwaukee?

He has been amazing so far. He hasn't lost yet and already has 4 complete
games and is tied for the NL lead already after only playing for about 1/2 the
season in the NL. His only no decision was a loss in which a couple of errors
cost him 3 runs. He is on the mound again tonight as we look to go for 8
straight wins. The way he is playing if we score a least 2 runs we should
win. Sorry you guys had to lose him but you got a great prospect from us.

He has been amazing so far. He hasn't lost yet and already has 4 complete
games and is tied for the NL lead already after only playing for about 1/2 the
season in the NL. His only no decision was a loss in which a couple of errors
cost him 3 runs. He is on the mound again tonight as we look to go for 8
straight wins. The way he is playing if we score a least 2 runs we should
win. Sorry you guys had to lose him but you got a great prospect from us.

Yeah, I've been following his every start with Milwaukee. Glad he could go play for a contender this year and another mid-market team also. Both the Tribe and Brewers probably don't have a shot at singing him again at the end of the year, but think it's great Milwaukee is taking advantage of their window of opportunity now.

I'm rooting for the Brewers to come out of the NL. Sabathia was one of my favorite Indians and I still like Milwaukee and their fans for opening their stadium to us last spring when Cleveland was snowed out.

Yeah, I've been following his every start with Milwaukee. Glad he could go play for a contender this year and another mid-market team also. Both the Tribe and Brewers probably don't have a shot at singing him again at the end of the year, but think it's great Milwaukee is taking advantage of their window of opportunity now.

I'm rooting for the Brewers to come out of the NL. Sabathia was one of my favorite Indians and I still like Milwaukee and their fans for opening their stadium to us last spring when Cleveland was snowed out.

Thanks man. Hopefully he can help get us a Championship. I can empathize
with losing a top player to another team, ala Brett Favre. But I guess
that is another conversation for a different thread.

The Cubbies swept their DH from Atlanta and the Brewers are up 7-1 in the 7th. It looks like the Cubs will have a 3.5 game lead after tonight.

With the D-Backs losing and the Mets winning tonight, IF the Dodgers beat the Phillies again, BOTH the East and West will be in a flat-footed tie after tonight. BUT the Phillies are up 6-4 in the 7th.

It looks like the Brew Crew will retain their 4 game lead over the Cards in the wildcard race.

FINALLY the White Sox and Twins haven't flip-flopped positions.....they both won! White Sox remain up a half game in the Central.

Rays are leading Oakland 3-2 in the 8th. If they hold on they will remain 3 games ahead of Boston.

Red Sox retain their 2.5 game lead over the Twins for the wildcard. The Yankees are now 6 games off the pace.

The Tigers and Rangers are pretty much on life support at this point. But, two teams that are going in the opposite direction are the Astros and Blue Jays. Both teams are longgggggggg shots to make the postseason, but both are hot and bear watching.

Mets82,
good news, the Dodgers just tied up the Phillies on a two run double by Jeff Kent. It's now 6-6, with the Phils batting in the top of the ninth.

The Dodgers win it, 7-6 on a NOMAR:eek: walk-off homerun!! Wow the Phillies are really reeling. So now BOTH the East and West are all knotted up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts