2008 World Series.......Phillies vs. Rays

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's not a 3 inning game, it's a 9 inning game that has been halted until more favorable weather.

The stats count (but are not official until the end of the game) so it's just a game that is in its 6th inning of play.

I realize this, but essentially it is a new, 3 inning game.

The score is tied. It's going to take place 2 days later, so the bullpens are all now equally refreshed. All the momentum that either team gained in the previous 5-1/2 innings are now erased. New scenarios are now possible that weren't before.

Does anyone think the ratings might actually improve for game 5b? Barring extra innings, the game
will almost certainly be over before East Coast viewers go to bed. Could MLB be surprised?

:confused:
Does anyone think the ratings might actually improve for game 5b? Barring extra innings, the game
will almost certainly be over before East Coast viewers go to bed. Could MLB be surprised?

I think it will be the least watched event of the evening on all channels. Even I have lost interest and will be more interested in my Ducks vs. Red Wings tonight.

I think it will be the least watched event of the evening on all channels. Even I have lost interest

Me too- I'll be watching ESPN's season-opening NBA doubleheader- You ALWAYS get at least one amazing play every game.

BTW, who ya got, KCK- Lakers or Clippers?

Sabres,

Not a huge NBA fan...but have been a Laker supporter since coming to L.A. I used to watch the games just to hear the Sainted Chick Hearn. But, since he left us I tune in only if there is nothing else I want to do.

I don't know what I am looking forward to the most. Obama or the end of game five. Wait, it is positively not Obama. And before anybody gets mad, I don't want to see McCain. Palin or Biden either. Any ball game would be better than any politician. Even soccer!

Am I the only sucker that's gonna watch Game 5.5 of the 2008 Weird Series tonight???!!! :eek:

Am I the only sucker that's gonna watch Game 5.5 of the 2008 Weird Series tonight???!!! :eek:

No, buddy. I'll be watching with you. BUT come 7PM PDT it's the Ducks game for me unless there is something so compelling that I cannot turn it off. (Then I'll have the Ducks on TV1 and the Series in the other room on TV2). :cool:

Do you want the Series to end tonight or do you want it to drag on?

Personally, I want this whole thing to end.

As a fan I would like it to go on just so I have some more baseball that I know I can enjoy without it being interuppted by Mother Nature. However, I have lost the true excitement of it all.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I just want Tampa to win it all after their magical season. The magical season with which I ws involved died an early, ugly death and I'd like to see at least one salvaged.

Do you want the Series to end tonight or do you want it to drag on?

Personally, I want this whole thing to end.

I want it to go on forever.

Here's why:

The Green Fields Of The Mind

By A. Bartlett Giamatti

It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come out, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone.

You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops.

Framed and on my desk at work and on my home office wall:

"People ask me what I do in Winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for Spring."

Rogers Hornsby

Framed and on my desk at work and on my home office wall:

"People ask me what I do in Winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for Spring."

Rogers Hornsby

:) :up:up:up:up

From CBS Sportsline:

The weather here in Philadelphia is cold and windy. Game-time temperatures are expected to be somewhere between 42 and 44 degrees, with a wind chill in the 20s. :eek:

Wow, this game is flying!!!!

It started one hour ago and already is in the bottom of the eighth. ;)

Yeah, congratulations to the Phillies. I hope Lidge could keep this up next year and won't be a flash in the pan, cough, Gagne, cough. The Phillies were better than the Rays and showed how scrappy they are. That's the model of a good ball club. As a Mets fan, that's all I got to say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)