2008 World Series.......Phillies vs. Rays

I hope Lidge could keep this up next year and won't be a flash in the pan

He had a few awesome years in Houston before the Pujols homer.

Now, Lidge has officially exorcised his demons.

In 2006 and 2007, he redefined the term 'shaky closer.'

Now, he went AN ENTIRE YEAR without blowing a save!

CONGRATULATIONS
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS

I think I figured out the key to Phillies and World Championships. They win it in years with an "8" in it. ;) 1980 and 2008

That would make the next potential title 2018. Enjoy your C'ship while you can. :D

Not for nothing, could the Philly fans cut some people some slack. They booed Selig, the mention of the Rays by the owner and they booed the mayor.

Who's YOUR choice for World Series MVP?

Brad Lidge because he didn't allow a 9th inning 550 foot bomb to Longoria? :D:D:D

Lidge anyway because he saved some games and didn't implode.

Just saw Hamels awared the MVP of the World Series. To me, it's more like MVP of the Postseason with his 4 wins. He only went 1-0 in the WS and blew a chance to go 2-0.

This is getting hard for me to stomach.

Don't worry - February-March-April will be here faster than you know it and I think there will be a few teams that could compete for a title in 2009 based on how the hot stove goes. I don't necessarily see the Phils repeating in 2009 at this point.

Does anyone think the ratings might actually improve for game 5b?

yes to improved ratings. The game will be shorter, perfect for non-baseball fans who have the attention span of a flea and thus can stick out a quick few innings to see if Philly made it rather than watching for 9 innings.

"People ask me what I do in Winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for Spring."

Rogers Hornsby

Nice quote, I haven't seen it before.

To me, it's always been "NFL is a time waster until teams report in February", but I think i'll have to change my thinking to the Hornsby quote.

It's NFL, Cricket, and college sports season for me now (since I don't watch pro streetball or ice hockey) and February should be here before we know it!

Ever heard of the 76ers? They haf some guy named Moses Malone.

Does 'Fo, Fo, Fo' ring a bell?

sorry, I don't keep up with pro streetball.

I thought the original reference was baseball-exclusive, not Philly all-sports-included exclusive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)