2009-10 Hot Stove Baseball

:( So much for my Reds getting La Russa:

La Russa likely to manage Cards in '10

yep, that and Mark McGwire were made official. I can't find a McGwire thread here, so I'll have to ask how the McGwire thing will go down in a baseball town like St. Louis.

Is it going to be McGwire will be welcomed with open arms because he's a hitting coach on the team and because he was once a fan favorite in St. Louis? Is McGwire going to be booed and eventually run out of town because those St. Louis fans are angered that he extremely likely used steroids?

As long as St. Louis wins in 2010, it should be a fun season to see how the McGwire thing plays out. If St. Louis loses in 2010, I bet a lot of fans will ask why LaRussa was brought back in a one year deal and why McGwire became hitting coach.

My guess with no ties to chicago, the Ricketts probably will do just what is needed to increase the value of the package/franchise so they can make a killing whenever they feel they are ready to sell the club/assets. Whether that involves having a club that wins on the field to help with asset appreciation, I don't know.

My guess with no ties to chicago, the Ricketts probably will do just what is needed to increase the value of the package/franchise so they can make a killing whenever they feel they are ready to sell the club/assets. Whether that involves having a club that wins on the field to help with asset appreciation, I don't know.

Thats what I was wondering too.
I woild like to see someone that is going to invest in the team and make a serious effort to bring a WS Championship to the Cubs ...... It disgust me to see the White Sox do well every year (not always, but you can never count them out) and win one while the Cubs still are waiting.

Thats what I was wondering too.
I woild like to see someone that is going to invest in the team and make a serious effort to bring a WS Championship to the Cubs ...... It disgust me to see the White Sox do well every year (not always, but you can never count them out) and win one while the Cubs still are waiting.

That thrills me!

Only thing better than a Sox win & a Cubs loss is a Bears win & a Packers loss!

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4626679"]Bobby Abreu re-signs with Los Angeles Angels for two years, $19 million - ESPN[/ame]

The Reds look to be the only team that didn't have a filing.

39 more players file for free agency. Vlad Guerrero among those filing (and IMHO, no shocker about Jim Thome also filing):

Vladimir Guerrero, Pedro Martinez Highlight 39 Players Filing for Free Agency on Friday

---

also, Manny Ramirez returning to the Dodgers after deciding to accept his option year.

Dodgers screwed themselves there with a player option instead of a team option. I bet if it was a team option, declingin skills Manny would not be back.

39 more players file for free agency. Vlad Guerrero among those filing (and IMHO, no shocker about Jim Thome also filing):

Vladimir Guerrero, Pedro Martinez Highlight 39 Players Filing for Free Agency on Friday

---

also, Manny Ramirez returning to the Dodgers after deciding to accept his option year.

Dodgers screwed themselves there with a player option instead of a team option. I bet if it was a team option, declingin skills Manny would not be back.

Not so sure of that .... they need Manny for the Star appeal.