2009 Hockey Hall of Fame Inductees

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
The inductees into the Hockey Hall of Fame are in, and it is a VERY impressive class:

Brett Hull, Lou Lamoriello, Brian Leetch, Luc Robitaille, Steve Yzerman.

You have one of the best players/leaders ever in Yzerman, two of the all-time great wingers in Hull/Robitaille, an elite offensive defenseman in Leetch, and a brilliant builder in Lamoriello.

(Sandra and Jimbo are VERY familiar with these names)

The inductees into the Hockey Hall of Fame are in, and it is a VERY impressive class:

You have one of the best players/leaders ever in Yzerman, two of the all-time great wingers in Hull/Robitaille, an elite offensive defenseman in Leetch, and a brilliant builder in Lamoriello.

Yay for Brian.

I still remember my dad and my brothers talking about this Brian Leetch kid when he first came up. I was very young and not paying much attention, but they spoke of this kid like he was going to change how the Rangers played the game.

And they were right, he did.

Sandra

Yup,
3 out of 4 players, played for the Wings at that same time :up

Yzerman is a class guy all the way around and his numbers speak for them selves. :up
3 Stanley Cups, helped bring the Wings the first SC in ages.
Brought the Wings back to respectability, they were not when he arrived.

There was a time when people doubted Yzerman's ability to be a leader, I could not believe the talk when it was happening, now NO ONE doubt him.

Hull also is a slam dunk.

Lucky Luc,
The leading goal scored for a Left Winger.

Leetch,
Game changing Defencemen

Very brief, but I'm out of time this morning.

Jimbo

Heckuva class! :up

As an aside, Brian Leetch was one of my favorite players growing up as a fan of the Rangers.

Congrats to all the inductees!

All Hail "The Captain" Steve Yzerman. A Red Wings "hat trick" yesterday. (Even though I doubt Hull and Robitaille will enter the HOF as Red Wings).

Thank you Steve Yzerman for all you did for Red Wing hockey. You turned around the "Dead Wings", and returned them to the champions they are now.

All Hail "The Captain" Steve Yzerman. A Red Wings "hat trick" yesterday. (Even though I doubt Hull and Robitaille will enter the HOF as Red Wings).

Thank you Steve Yzerman for all you did for Red Wing hockey. You turned around the "Dead Wings", and returned them to the champions they are now.

Luc is now a VP with the Kings and (aside from brief stints with Pittsburgh and Detroit) was professionally a life long King although he was brought up in the Buffalo organization with the Rochester Americans (Amerks). He readily admits that the Kings worked out a deal to send him to Detroit just to try and see if he could win The Cup before he retired. They did. He did. He returned and played out his days in L.A. There is a full page color "Congratulations Luc!" in today's L.A. Times. Well deserved. He will go in as a King for sure!

Yes, I am a Ducks fan. However, I loved watching Luc play from the first time I saw him @ the Rochester War Memorial. I'm proud to say I was able to cheer him on in whatever uniform from the beginning to the end. :up

Luc is now a VP with the Kings and (aside from brief stints with Pittsburgh and Detroit) was professionally a life long King although he was brought up in the Buffalo organization with the Rochester Americans (Amerks). He readily admits that the Kings worked out a deal to send him to Detroit just to try and see if he could win The Cup before he retired. They did. He did. He returned and played out his days in L.A. There is a full page color "Congratulations Luc!" in today's L.A. Times. Well deserved. He will go in as a King for sure!

Yes, I am a Ducks fan. However, I loved watching Luc play from the first time I saw him @ the Rochester War Memorial. I'm proud to say I was able to cheer him on in whatever uniform from the beginning to the end. :up

Luc had a remarkable career for a guy who himself admits that he is not a very good skater. That guy, along with Hull, just seemed to be able to find the back of the net from anywhere on the ice. My hat's off to all of this years inductees.

Luc had a remarkable career for a guy who himself admits that he is not a very good skater. That guy, along with Hull, just seemed to be able to find the back of the net from anywhere on the ice. My hat's off to all of this years inductees.

I admit it's a great lineup.

Luc has to be the most self-effacing professional athlete I've ever been aware of. He never accepted praise from others with any grace but quickly found a funny anecdote about something like his skating to break up the moment.

Yzerman was similar, in that he always seemed to be uncomfortable receiving praise. He always talked about his teammates contributions, and never his own. I've never heard an unkind word about him, and gave a lot of money and time to charities. The very definition of "class".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts