2009 Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament

Look, I have not seen enough Big Ten games to say ALL their games are boring...but what from what I have seen in the tournament this year is enough to stab my neck with a dull butter knife!!

Pass-pass-pass-pass-pass....clank from 27 feet away.:confused:

Keep in mind these were the better teams from the Big Ten. If you really want see bad basketball watch Northwestern or Iowa play. :eek:

And yet almost every year, they we are in the final four. That must really grate your nerves. This will be really interesting if a BIG 10 wins the tournament this year. What will you fools have to say then? We lulled your teams too sleep? We hit too many 27 footers? We weren't "athletic" enough?

Nobody has lit my pants on fire this tournament. Anybody left can win this tournament. Louisville and Pittsburgh have struggled with smaller schools. As for NC, well we'll see. They've choked the last 2 seasons, I don't see anything different for them this year either. Anders, for all your posturing, the BIG 10 has as many teams left in the tournament as your "mighty and athletic" ACC.

Have a nice nap next round, guys.

And yet almost every year, they we are in the final four. That must really grate your nerves. This will be really interesting if a BIG 10 wins the tournament this year. What will you fools have to say then? We lulled your teams too sleep? We hit too many 27 footers? We weren't "athletic" enough?

Nobody has lit my pants on fire this tournament. Anybody left can win this tournament. Louisville and Pittsburgh have struggled with smaller schools. As for NC, well we'll see. They've choked the last 2 seasons, I don't see anything different for them this year either. Anders, for all your posturing, the BIG 10 has as many teams left in the tournament as your "mighty and athletic" ACC.

:up:up:up

Good Post Sir. :up

Keep dreaming. Michigan St is a good program. Izzo is a good coach and they are a worthy Sweet 16 team, but they won't win it all. Purdue has done better than I expected. After all they lost at home to Northwestern and got blitzed by Michigan St in the last week of the regular season. They've gotten hot since then. In any event I think Connecticut will crush them.

Again, I am not calling the Big Ten snoozers...I am calling what I have seen so far, and you cannot honestly sit there and state that they have played entertaining, "I don't wanna change the channel" basketball to ALL non Big Ten fans with a serious face....:confused:

For the average fan, like me...that does not follow the Big Ten, it has been dreadfull.

Again, I am not calling the Big Ten snoozers...I am calling what I have seen so far, and you cannot honestly sit there and state that they have played entertaining, "I don't wanna change the channel" basketball to ALL non Big Ten fans with a serious face....:confused:

For the average fan, like me...that does not follow the Big Ten, it has been dreadfull.

If you aren't following BIG 10 BB, how do you know it has been dreadful? Box scores are pretty boring too.

Anybody remember the "4 Corners Offense" that North Carolina used under Dean Smith? Now THAT was boring basketball.
Carolina didn't run the 4 corners for the whole game like Big Ten teams seem to be trying to do. Carolina usually averaged 70-80 points a game in those days, with no 3 point shot BTW. The 4 corners was an end game strategy, usually in the last 5 minutes.

If you aren't following BIG 10 BB, how do you know it has been dreadful? Box scores are pretty boring too.

Look at it this way. I like Syracuse and following Big East basketball. You watch OTHER conference tournaments at the end of the year to see who some of the top teams are. I watched some PAC-10, Big 10, Big 12 and some SEC and found them entertaining games....except the Big 10. I thought, ok, they are known for defense...so I gave it the benefit of the doubt because they were playing each other. Then NCAA tournament came around and THE SAME BRAND of basketball was being played. To their credit, the Big 10 does well sometimes because they FORCE TEAMS into playing their brand of basketball....but UNLESS you A FAN OF those specific Big 10 teams....they are dreadfully dull. Ask ANYONE who is not a fan of the Big 10..and they will more or less tell you the same thing.

For those that say it's about winning....yeah, IF it's YOUR TEAM...when it is not your team...it is either about betting or being entertained....

You contradicted the hell out of yourself with this statement, huh?

The Big-10 isn't looking to provide a 3-ring circus when they come to town. Bottom line, their ultimate goal is to put a winning product on the court. Like I said earlier. There's nothing boring about winning.

The Big-10 isn't looking to provide a 3-ring circus when they come to town. Bottom line, their ultimate goal is to put a winning product on the court. Like I said earlier. There's nothing boring about winning.

Look at the NJ Devils.

Even though they win, they are boring to watch.

Winning and playing entertaining basketball are not mutually exclusive. You'd think Big Ten folks would get that. I mean Magic Johnson played at Michigan St. The problem with the Big Ten now is that they have sh*t for talent. It's true. Most Big Ten teams have about the same talent as you'd find in the Missouri Valley. It's not like there's a shortage of good players in the midwest either. It's just that all the good players go to the ACC or Big East or Big XII. You think Kansas recruits locally? Big Ten fans want to be considered a "power" conference that should be mentioned in the same breath as the ACC or Big East. The truth is they are a glorified mid major league.

To their credit, the Big 10 does well sometimes because they FORCE TEAMS into playing their brand of basketball..

I am a huge Maryland and ACC fan,but your statement that I copied above says it all. The object of the game is to WIN and if you can get another team out of their game, you've started to do that.If we all liked the same teams and styles of play it would be a very boring world. Let the teams determine who wins and if you don't enjoy watching a particular team or style.....Watch Something Else !!!!!

Look at it this way. I like Syracuse and following Big East basketball. You watch OTHER conference tournaments at the end of the year to see who some of the top teams are. I watched some PAC-10, Big 10, Big 12 and some SEC and found them entertaining games....except the Big 10. I thought, ok, they are known for defense...so I gave it the benefit of the doubt because they were playing each other. Then NCAA tournament came around and THE SAME BRAND of basketball was being played. To their credit, the Big 10 does well sometimes because they FORCE TEAMS into playing their brand of basketball....but UNLESS you A FAN OF those specific Big 10 teams....they are dreadfully dull. Ask ANYONE who is not a fan of the Big 10..and they will more or less tell you the same thing.

For those that say it's about winning....yeah, IF it's YOUR TEAM...when it is not your team...it is either about betting or being entertained....

Now see, I found the MSU/USC game to be very entertaining. I find the mix of styles in all the leagues interesting, but I find it most interesting when the styles clash, as they do in the tournament. So the Big 10 tournament may have been boring, but all that exciting BB everybody has been playing hasn't helped them against the "unathletic and boring" MSU and Purdue. Anybody who thinks that those two teams aren't "athletic" and are "boring" is just kidding themselves. We jump as high, and run as fast as anybody else in the nation.

Winning and playing entertaining basketball are not mutually exclusive. You'd think Big Ten folks would get that. I mean Magic Johnson played at Michigan St. The problem with the Big Ten now is that they have sh*t for talent. It's true. Most Big Ten teams have about the same talent as you'd find in the Missouri Valley. It's not like there's a shortage of good players in the midwest either. It's just that all the good players go to the ACC or Big East or Big XII. You think Kansas recruits locally? Big Ten fans want to be considered a "power" conference that should be mentioned in the same breath as the ACC or Big East. The truth is they are a glorified mid major league.

That's funny, that's the same thing I was thinking about the ACC.

To their credit, the Big 10 does well sometimes because they FORCE TEAMS into playing their brand of basketball..

I am a huge Maryland and ACC fan,but your statement that I copied above says it all. The object of the game is to WIN and if you can get another team out of their game, you've started to do that.If we all liked the same teams and styles of play it would be a very boring world. Let the teams determine who wins and if you don't enjoy watching a particular team or style.....Watch Something Else !!!!!

You are confussing what the objective is for the team and what the objective is for fans of OTHER TEAMS. AND when you are stuck with what is being sent to you as the "main game"....you really don't have much choice....now do you?:rolleyes:

How is MLB Network?

NCAA Basketball 2008-09 Season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)