2009 Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament

Just because YOU didn't want Villanova to win, doesn't mean they didn't deserve to win! :confused: :rolleyes:

Had Villanova not made that ridiculous screwup late and give Pittsburgh a shot at coming back and making me think Pitt could pull off a miracle, I would not have been so mad.

If Villanova had not won in a tear-your-heart-out way type of shot, I would not be as mad.

If they had won by four or five- as it seemed like they would- I would not have been this upset.

When you see a team lose like this- it KILLS you.

You feel for the team that had their heart cut out and you hate the team that cut their heart out.

Had Villanova not made that ridiculous screwup late and give Pittsburgh a shot at coming back, I would not have been so mad.

If Villanova had not won in a tear-your-heart-out way type of shot, I would not be as mad.

If they had won by four or five- as it seemed like they would- I would not have been this upset.

When you see a team lose like this- it KILLS you.

Villanova knocked BC out in the Sweet Sixteen three years ago on a buzzer beater.

I was very upset, but I didn't dis Villanova because they knocked out my team.

Villanova won fair and square that night, just like they won fair and square tonight. PERIOD!!

Now give it a rest.........PLEASE!!

The last 3 games killed my brackets. Syracuse, Missouri, and Pittsburgh. RIP. There's always next year. All I got left is the hope of MSU beating Louisville so I'll have somebody to cheer for when I'm at the games next weekend.

I'll tell you what, I couldnt get into the sweet 16/elite 8 games so far but the Pitt./Nova was a great game. I've got to agree with Bill on this one. Nova played great and I was rooting for them even though I had Pitt beating them in my bracket. Pitt has NOTHING to be ashamed about. They played there hearts out. Fields and co. played like champions but Nova was better.

Sabres, I know you havent been on the Villanova bandwagon and I havent been either. I had Louisville over UNC in the National Championship, plus Im rooting for Uconn, as they look like a beast now from a couple of weeks ago. Back to my point, Sabres, what will it take to jump on the Villanova bandwagon? What else do they have to do? Villanova deserves credit tonight and deserve to be in the Final Four.

The last 3 games killed my brackets. Syracuse, Missouri, and Pittsburgh. RIP. There's always next year. All I got left is the hope of MSU beating Louisville so I'll have somebody to cheer for when I'm at the games next weekend.

I'll be rooting for MSU myself for a couple of reasons:

1. I think it will be a great story to have a local team at Ford Field next weekend.

2. My absolute disdain for anything Rick Pitino

In all this has been a great tournament. Not many upsets like last season, but the quality of the games has been great. Still the greatest sporting spectacle. How does NCAA football not get this?

I'll tell you what, I couldnt get into the sweet 16/elite 8 games so far but the Pitt./Nova was a great game. I've got to agree with Bill on this one. Nova played great and I was rooting for them even though I had Pitt beating them in my bracket. Pitt has NOTHING to be ashamed about. They played there hearts out. Fields and co. played like champions but Nova was better.

Thanks, buddy.....as usual you are the voice of reason! :) :up

In all this has been a great tournament. Not many upsets like last season, but the quality of the games has been great. Still the greatest sporting spectacle. How does NCAA football not get this?

No doubt about it.....I've been throroughly entertained!

1. I think it will be a great story to have a local team at Ford Field next weekend.

What has been the closest equivalent to a local team in a Final Four that is somewhat close to where they are?

The last one I can recall was Kansas in 1988- maybe Illinois in 2005 or Michigan State/Wisconsin in the RCA Dome in 2000.

That was a great game! Unbelivable! Scottie Reynolds shot will go down as one of the classic moments in tournament history. Both teams played great. That was one of the most physical games I can recall. Congrats to Pitt for a great season. It was a heartbreaking finish, but at least you got past the Sweet 16. And what would this tournament be were it not for Villanova? Unfortunately Carolina may get them next. We fell to them during their run in 85, but did beat them in route to our own titles in 82 and 05.

What has been the closest equivalent to a local team in a Final Four that is somewhat close to where they are?

The last one I can recall was Kansas in 1988- maybe Illinois in 2005 or Michigan State/Wisconsin in the RCA Dome in 2000.
dook played in Charlotte in 94, although that was a long way from their NJ fanbase. Sorry bad example.

Kansas played in Kansas City in 88 and in 57
Purdue and Louisville played in Indianapolis in 80
Rutgers played in Philadelphia in 76
NC State played in Greensboro in 74
UCLA played in LA in both 68 and 72 and in San Diego in 75
Cal played in San Francisco in 60
Louisville actually played in Freedom Hall way back in 59

You know those awards for the most outstanding player in each regional? (O know Hansbrough won it last year)

Which UConn and Villanova players do you see getting those honors?

You know those awards for the most outstanding player in each regional? (O know Hansbrough won it last year)

Which UConn and Villanova players do you see getting those honors?
I think they do. Kemba Walker was pretty outstanding for UConn. And Villanova? Is there any doubt? It's gotta be Scottie Reynolds.

Villanova? Is there any doubt? It's gotta be Scottie Reynolds.

I checked the game recap- you got that one right.

I thought it might have been Cunningham, who averaged 18 points in all four of Nova's four wins so far.

How is MLB Network?

NCAA Basketball 2008-09 Season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)