2009 Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament

Wow. Did your buddy DSSNutz tell you to join the site to start flaming too?

What's flaming?not too familiar with the forum lingo. He controls sports book things.maybe one of the best handicappers in the nation. Not even maybe.he gives away info in these posts because of his affiliation with Harrah's I think. He twitters clues and i have had ridiculous returns. I think he's some sort of liason for DTV for certain books, too. One of the best centerfielders I have ever seen in high school, and good friends with kenny lofton. Hes legit, but I'm not...cable rules!!! just kidding

What's flaming?not too familiar with the forum lingo. He controls sports book things.maybe one of the best handicappers in the nation. Not even maybe.he gives away info in these posts because of his affiliation with Harrah's I think. He twitters clues and i have had ridiculous returns. I think he's some sort of liason for DTV for certain books, too. One of the best centerfielders I have ever seen in high school, and good friends with kenny lofton. Hes legit, but I'm not...cable rules!!! just kidding

jeeeeeez.i don't know about all that.harrah's is not as cool as MGM, if you catch my drift. for the hell of it:wiz and the under, the city ML and the over.i'll take 10 percent of all winnings, lol

Can we get back on topic?

i'm with that... how bout this question: has there been any effect of the 3 point line moving back? there is a guy in my office trying to figure out the mathematical value that the line has on these games, but from where I'm sitting...these guys are still drainin' them

i'm with that... how bout this question: has there been any effect of the 3 point line moving back? there is a guy in my office trying to figure out the mathematical value that the line has on these games, but from where I'm sitting...these guys are still drainin' them
I haven't noticed much difference. I just hate that they have 2 lines on the court. The chicks can hit them from that far out too. Let's just have one 3 point line.

I like it! :D

8. Duke: I can’t go any higher. Just an unlikable group of white dudes. Mike Krzyzewski was amazingly born on a high horse. Who wants to follow in the footsteps of Christian Laettner, Cherokee Parks, Chris Collins, Trajon Langdon and Steve Wojciechowski? I’m getting mad just looking up the spelling to all of these Polish names. To Duke’s credit, the Blue Devils have been to 14 Final Fours and have won three national titles (1991, 1992, 2001). They promote their players well — 11 Duke players have won National Player of the Year, and Duke has more players currently playing in the NBA than any other school. Plus, there’s that whole thing about the “best rivalry in sports”. Still, the Cameron Crazies remind me of every Duke alum I’ve ever met — kids who would sleep in a tent for 48 hours to prove a point (or get tickets) and then paint themselves blue to act crazy. Whatever.

So true.

That's not completely true. The midwest has great players. Indiana is one of the best recruiting grounds in the country. Bill Self has a pipeline going from Chicago to Lawrence. The problem is that Big Ten teams can't get any of these guys. If Tom Crean starts to hold down the fort with Indiana players the Hoosiers are going to be a power again soon.

excellent point!:up

BTW, it was no coincidence that the state of Ohio had more colleges (5) than any other state in the country to be represented in this year's NCAA Tournament. (Xavier, Ohio State, Cleveland State, Akron and Dayton).

By the way HD...that is a misleading statement. IF you told me EVERY SINGLE PLAYER came from the Ohio region...then that would b an amazing feat AND statement, but you know full well that not all of the teams are loaded with JUST Ohio players. ALSO, it depends in the conference those teams play it....

...that all those Ohio teams made the NCAA had NOTHING to do with the region they are located at......NOTHING....

8. Duke: I can’t go any higher. Just an unlikable group of white dudes. Mike Krzyzewski was amazingly born on a high horse. Who wants to follow in the footsteps of Christian Laettner, Cherokee Parks, Chris Collins, Trajon Langdon and Steve Wojciechowski? I’m getting mad just looking up the spelling to all of these Polish names. To Duke’s credit, the Blue Devils have been to 14 Final Fours and have won three national titles (1991, 1992, 2001). They promote their players well — 11 Duke players have won National Player of the Year, and Duke has more players currently playing in the NBA than any other school. Plus, there’s that whole thing about the “best rivalry in sports”. Still, the Cameron Crazies remind me of every Duke alum I’ve ever met — kids who would sleep in a tent for 48 hours to prove a point (or get tickets) and then paint themselves blue to act crazy. Whatever.

So true.

Damn....talk about hitting it on the head!:eek:

So true.

Thanks for the kind words about Duke and let me correct you on one thing . . . if it was only 48 hours, that would be great . . . games against UNC, as well as other high attractions, are about a week long wait . . . yes, for $40k / year parents, your children sleep out in the elements to watch their beloved Dukies . . . :) :) :)

By the way, Dick Vitale put it best: "look at these kids painting themselves and cheering . . . someday, they will be running a business. I just don't get it!" :) :) :)

By the way, Dick Vitale put it best: "look at these kids painting themselves and cheering . . . someday, they will be running a business. I just don't get it!" :) :) :)
That explains a lot. GM CEO Rick Wagoner is a former dook basketball player. :rolleyes:

Everywhere has "good" players, but name 4 or 5 impact guys from that area... impact in the nba I mean...the amount of players from the seattle area alone have trumped all those states

You're kidding right? You didn't think that post through, did you? I'll drop two names, and you top them - Larry Bird and "Magic" Johnson. Yeah, I didn't think so. There are more, if you want to play this "game".

Last edited:
No parquet for NCAA in Boston

The famed parquet of TD Banknorth Garden has been replaced by one of four brand new hardwood courts manufactured for the NCAA for this weekend's East Regional Final. The Celtics leprechaun logo has been replaced at midcourt by a large blue NCAA logo with two Boston College emblems also adorning the court. BC is the host institution for the Sweet 16 event, which kicks off Thursday night with No. 1 Pitt playing No. 4 Xavier at 7:27 p.m. followed by No. 2 Duke against No. 3 Villanova. For more, be sure to check out the Green Street blog.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)