2009 NBA Draft

From Brian Windhorst's Twitter (Cavs Beat Writer)....

“Cavs aren’t done. They may still look to move up tonight and next week they will be active in free agency. More coming, D.Gilbert spending”
Can you say Stephen Curry!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: (fingers crossed).

Fellas, like in 2008, I will not be home or around the boob-tube for tonight's NBA Draft. Like last year though, I will be at an event downtown, this time at a Comedy Club.

I only hope to hear good news on my way home! Fingers crossed for a diamond in the rough!!!

The NBA champion Los Angeles Lakers have sold the No. 29 pick in the first round of the NBA draft to the New York Knicks for $3 million, multiple sources told ESPN.com's Andy Katz.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4285133"]Los Angeles Lakers sell draft's 29th pick Toney Douglas to New York Knicks - ESPN[/ame]

I'm sure this has probably happened before, but I can't remember....

Nets send Vince Carter to Magic in trade deal - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

If this is true, this trade is very risky- sending two vital playoff cogs for a guy who may not be as good as he once was.
But Alston and Lee were expendible. Alston made it clear during the Finals that if he didn't get the minutes he felt he deserved that he was going to pout and bitch to the media. Courtney Lee was good as a rookie but Orlando could replace him tonight in the draft. Carter gives you another legit scorer and he should be pumped to go to Orlando since NJ was a dead end and Carter is from Florida.

Oklahoma City takes James Harden with the 3rd pick. Unless they know something others don't this could be a mistake. The Thunder passed on lot of other promising players here.

Golden St steals Steph Curry from the Knicks. Awesome!

The Knicks take Jordan Hill from Arizona. At least he's familiar with dysfunctional teams. :D

Milwaukee is trying see if they can make a worse pick than Andrew Bogut. Top 10 pick for a guy who averaged 5 points and 2 assists in Italy last year? :confused: I'd hate to be a Bucks fan right now.

I may live in Wisconsin, but I am not a Bucks fan.
I feel sorry for Michael Redd. He's probably thinking why couldn't I have gotten lucky like Richard Jefferson and got traded out of here. The Bucks drafts the past few years have been worse than anything Isiah Thomas ever did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)