2009 NBA Playoffs

The Dallas Mavericks complete a big upset of the Spurs in five games.

This is really surprising to some, since most of the year, they had a lock on the #2 seed and many had them going to the West Finals.

The main points of this series:

1. Dallas got hot down the stretch.

2. Spurs are showing their age

3. Ginobili's absence was heightened in this series- the Spurs blowing a double-digit lead in game 1 and the inability to get close in game 4 may have been different if he were healthy

4. A trend that popped up- Duncan and Parker did most of the scoring, but they got little support from their team; Dallas, OTOH, had many different scoring heroes.

5. San Antonio had trouble hitting three-pointers- unlike Orlando, most of their players are older. (Magic are a young team and can make up for off-nights from downtown)

6. ABC is celebrating- no possibility of the Spurs affecting NBA Finals ratings:D

7. Maybe the Spurs would have been better off drawing a younger Portland team instead of battle-tested Dallas

Congrats to Dallas- I thought this team was over the hill; turns out that window of opportunity is still open.

The Dallas win is surprising. I thought the Spurs quit in Game 3 and never came back. I'm shocked at the poor efforts by some of these teams. The Hornets last night and the Spurs the whole series.

Denver's flat-out better than the Hornets, and the Spurs are aging, did not have Ginobili, but do not have support around Duncan and Parker
That may be, but there is no excuse to EVER lose a game by 58 points like NO did, and the Spurs weren't much better. Utah was no match for the Lakers but at least they tried.

I loved how Tim Legler said there was no way the Spurs would lose at home last night. Goes to show you anything can and most of the time does happen.

Could the officiating have been any worse down the stretch? Rondo didn't even come close to the ball, let alone touch it, and he made Miller bleed. That was an obvious flagrant foul, should have been called, but it wasn't. Celtics won't make it past the next round anyway, seeing as they can barely handle the Bulls.

I though it was a flagrant, too. Miller had an easy path to the hoop and it looked like Rondo just whacked him. Miller looked like a boxer after the hit...bloody mouth, lost tooth and swollen lip.

He's gotta hit that first free-throw, though.

Could the officiating have been any worse down the stretch? Rondo didn't even come close to the ball, let alone touch it, and he made Miller bleed. That was an obvious flagrant foul, should have been called, but it wasn't. Celtics won't make it past the next round anyway, seeing as they can barely handle the Bulls.

Please, should I bring up the 2 last fouls called on Ray Allen? If anyone has the right to complain about officiating it isn't the Bulls.

Yeah, because the Magic have really looked impressive against the sixers:rolleyes:

Nuggets will have a chance to close out the Hornets tonight.

Do you think New Orleans will show pride and try and make up for that Lion-esque drubbing in game 4, or will Denver put the nail in their coffin?

This is a valid point.

I think Rondo tore Miller's tooth out of his head! His mouth was full of blood and gauze, THEN he was expected to go to the line and hit 2 free throws to tie the game?! Yikes.

And I wouldn't draw any conclusions about the Celtics just yet. I just think this Bulls team matches up very well against them.

Do you think New Orleans will show pride and try and make up for that Lion-esque drubbing in game 4, or will Denver put the nail in their coffin?

What's up with the Hornets? At the beginning of the season I had them pegged for at least a conference final appearance. What happened the other night was way more embarrassing than any lose the Lion's had last season. I really thought these guys would be contenders, not pretenders.

The Dallas Mavericks complete a big upset of the Spurs in five games.

This is really surprising to some, since most of the year, they had a lock on the #2 seed and many had them going to the West Finals.

The main points of this series:

1. Dallas got hot down the stretch.

2. Spurs are showing their age

3. Ginobili's absence was heightened in this series- the Spurs blowing a double-digit lead in game 1 and the inability to get close in game 4 may have been different if he were healthy

4. A trend that popped up- Duncan and Parker did most of the scoring, but they got little support from their team; Dallas, OTOH, had many different scoring heroes.

5. San Antonio had trouble hitting three-pointers- unlike Orlando, most of their players are older. (Magic are a young team and can make up for off-nights from downtown)

6. ABC is celebrating- no possibility of the Spurs affecting NBA Finals ratings:D

7. Maybe the Spurs would have been better off drawing a younger Portland team instead of battle-tested Dallas

Congrats to Dallas- I thought this team was over the hill; turns out that window of opportunity is still open.

The two playoff mainstays... The Spurs AND the Pistons are out in the first round! Woah!

I though it was a flagrant, too. Miller had an easy path to the hoop and it looked like Rondo just whacked him. Miller looked like a boxer after the hit...bloody mouth, lost tooth and swollen lip.

He's gotta hit that first free-throw, though.

TNT said the Chicago Blackhawk fans watching would love it. He looked like a beat up hockey player!

What's up with the Hornets? At the beginning of the season I had them pegged for at least a conference final appearance. What happened the other night was way more embarrassing than any lose the Lion's had last season. I really thought these guys would be contenders, not pretenders.

In the preseason I had the Hornets losing in Game 7 of the NBA Finals to the Cavs. :eek:

Denver wins.

There's no way the Hornets recover from that beat down on Monday.

Vegas is giving New Orleans 10.5. I'd still take Denver.

Please, should I bring up the 2 last fouls called on Ray Allen? If anyone has the right to complain about officiating it isn't the Bulls.

Yeah, because the Magic have really looked impressive against the sixers:rolleyes:

The Magic are pretenders, not contenders. I said this would happen once the playoff's started, at least one person besides me see's this.

In the preseason I had the Hornets losing in Game 7 of the NBA Finals to the Cavs. :eek:

Looking at their lineup, I can't see any significant players lost. I know they ADDED James Posey though. In all accounts, they should've been better. I don't understand it either.

Maybe they just "overachieved" last year?

Belmont Stakes

Former Indians' Owner Dies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)