2009 NCAA Men's Hockey Tournament

Boston U is the only team in the Frozen Four that was supposed to make it out of their regions.

The other three regions, OTOH- carnage!

Vermont hadn't been there in 13 years, Miami had never been there, and then there are those Beavers.

2009 FROZEN FOUR
at Verizon Center- Washington, D.C.

Thursday, April 9

National Semifinal #1
4 Bemidji State vs. 4 Miami (Ohio)- 5:00pm ET (ESPN2-HD)

National Semifinal #2
3 Vermont vs. 1 Boston University- 8:30pm ET (ESPN2-HD)

Saturday, April 11

National Championship Game
Semifinal winners- 7:00pm ET (ESPN-HD)

2009 FROZEN FOUR
at Verizon Center- Washington, D.C.

Thursday, April 9

National Semifinal #1
4 Bemidji State vs. 4 Miami (Ohio)- 5:00pm ET (ESPN2-HD)

National Semifinal #2
3 Vermont vs. 1 Boston University- 8:30pm ET (ESPN2-HD)

Saturday, April 11

National Championship Game
Semifinal winners- 7:00pm ET (ESPN-HD)

I'm taking Bemidji in the first game and Vermont in the upset

Last edited:
I really believe it's destined to be Beavers-Terriers in the ultimate David-Goliath scenario.

Bemidji should send a Thank You card to Ohio State for OSU going to play Boston U ;)

For the uninformed they seed everyone 1-16 so Boston being the 1 seed and Bemidji being the 16 seed they should have played in 1st round

BUT

Ohio State was the 15 seed and Notre Dame the 2 seed. But the NCAA doesnt want same conference matchups in 1st round unless absolutely necessary. Since both Notre Dame & Ohio State are in the CCHA they flip flopped Bemidji & Ohio State. Michigan was the 3 seed so they couldnt move Ohio State there so Ohio State got fed to Boston U while Bemidji did the unthinkable and beat both Notre Dame and Cornell :)

Dang.....The #1, 9, 13, 16 seeds overall get in...crazy

and some humor

You could hear the deflation in the voices of the broadcasters in the last 3 minutes when they realized BSU, Cinderella story or not, was going to knock off a team from New England.

ESPN is going "Oh CRAP! We have to find out more about these guys than what they listed on FaceBook!" :D

I'm just wondering why there's a long wait between the regional finals and the Frozen Four.

There's roughly a two-week period between the Frozen Four and the games where those four get in.

I wonder why it isn't a week or a week-and-a-half.

I'm just wondering why there's a long wait between the regional finals and the Frozen Four.

There's roughly a two-week period between the Frozen Four and the games where those four get in.

I wonder why it isn't a week or a week-and-a-half.
It's like you're reading my mind...I just wondered the same thing after viewing the schedule. It seems like the NCAA is extending the Frozen Four these days to make up for the fact it's only a 16-game schedule. Personally, I feel a week break is more than adequate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)