2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

THE HOCKEY GODS HAVE SPOKEN LOUD AND CLEAR!!!

Hockey is the ultimate team sport with no room for selfishness.

Example- Teemu refused to resign with the Sharks, said "I want to win a cup" and signs with the Divealanche. Result? Sharks eliminate the Dives in the following season playoffs.

Example #2- Mary Hossa turns down the Pens because "I want to win a cup", Result? 0 points in 7 games for Mary and loses game 7 at home for the first time in 30 years of NHL, MLB, and NBA playoffs!

The hockey gods will not be ignored! I told my buddy that's a Pens fan all along that Mary cursed the Wings, and he did!

I'm a western conference guy but I have no tolerance for back stabbers like the above, in or out of hockey.

:up:up:up:up

Next year, Pens Vs. Sharks.

I'd put this hard fought win against a very tough Detroit team above the two most recent Super Bowl titles from the Steelers. (The second title the city of Pittsburgh has clinched in Detroit in just over three years.)

I'll bet these Red Wings were a tougher opponent than Arizona and Seattle were for the Steelers.

THE HOCKEY GODS HAVE SPOKEN LOUD AND CLEAR!!!

Hockey is the ultimate team sport with no room for selfishness.

I have no tolerance for back stabbers like the above, in or out of hockey.

Bill Guerin, Miroslav Satan, and Ruslan Fedotenko all left the Islanders to join the Penguins.

Would you call them backstabbers? Hmmmmm?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Humm...Last post before I think the Aviatar needs to be updated (with the banner raising from this past season for the wings). Congrats to the Pens!!!, the young ones came up big in Detroit and the series, Nice bounce back for the pens from the way the season started. Look at the scoring from "role" players from Wings/Pens, If you are going to win a chanpionship in any sport you need the role and players, and for the wings they were no where to be found.

As for the wings going into next year, they will stay competitive, they do have a few decsions to make, as fans though we have really been spolied not to many teams can say each season you got a ligit shot each season, especially when so many pundunts thought it would end of them in a post salary cap league.

Time to focus on the Tigers, and not so down the road College and Pro football!

Last edited:
I'm going to my neighbor's for the game (again) and he is a huge Wings fan. His daughter works in the bakery at Costco and plans to have a "Stanley Cup" cake with a Red Wings logo on it. They're pretty confident of the win at home I guess. I have to say I agree with them. Should be fun. :)
Guess what I left my neighbor's house with? Hint: it has a big hole in the side of it. :D

What a game. Congrats to the Pens and everyone in Pittsburgh. Enjoy the celebrations!
penguin.gif
f_partytimem_c90cdf9.gif

And to all the Wings fans out there, what a series! Can't wait to do this again! :up

Guess what I left my neighbor's house with? Hint: it has a big hole in the side of it. :D

What a game. Congrats to the Pens and everyone in Pittsburgh. Enjoy the celebrations!
penguin.gif
f_partytimem_c90cdf9.gif

And to all the Wings fans out there, what a series! Can't wait to do this again! :up

It was good.

I watched some of that game last night and I thought it was great! I LOVED the fact that NO VISITING TEAM had not won a game 7 in ANY major sport in about 40 years...until last night.

cool....:cool:

Congrats Tom! Were you at the Pirates game? I see where you were up pretty late (or early). ;)

When is the victory parade? Plan on attending? :)

No, my wife had to work late, gave the tickets to my sister.

I'm sure they will announce the parade sometime today and no I wont attend, too many people crammed into a small area of a city surrounded by rivers, not fun to get back out.

This is a thing of beauty.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHmKZJMZSdg"]YouTube - Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champions 2009 NHL Celebration - 12/06/09[/ame]

My final parting comment...the "classy" Detroit fans booing as Sir Sid dragged his leg off the ice said it all about them.

Not cool at ALL!

But they lost. End of story.

If you're going to point out the boo-birds when they had to deal with the opposing team celebrating on their home ice, then it's only fair to also note that the Wings fans cheered when Mario raised the cup.

Super Mario, an ex-Pens player saving the very franchise he played for when they were in jeopardy of relocating just a few years ago is a story that any NHL fan can appreciate.

Bill Guerin, Miroslav Satan, and Ruslan Fedotenko all left the Islanders to join the Penguins.

Would you call them backstabbers? Hmmmmm?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The difference is, Hossa was offered a multi-year contract with the Pens. He turned it down for a 1-year deal with the Wings because he thought he'd have a better shot at the Cup with the Wings. It is the ultimate story of Irony.

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh fans here. The better team won. We'll see you a year from now for the rubber match.
For those of you who think the Wings are dead - all I can tell you is that the way to the Stanley Cup Finals still goes through Detroit.

Disappointing finish to a great series. We'll be back again next year.

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh fans here. The better team won. We'll see you a year from now for the rubber match.
For those of you who think the Wings are dead - all I can tell you is that the way to the Stanley Cup Finals still goes through Detroit.

Disappointing finish to a great series. We'll be back again next year.

Paul,

I'll say the same thing to you that I PM'd to Jimbo last night:

Congrats on a GREAT year. Okay, you didn't get the ultimate prize, but you have a team that you can be VERY proud of, and that's saying a lot these days.

As far as the Wings being back, DAMN STRAIGHT they'll be back, and with a Lake Michigan sized chip on their shoulder!

The Red Wings organization is a well oiled machine. I only wish some of their success could rub off on the Bruins.

The Ducks and Red Wings are viscious enemies now. I dance on their grave. I despise their arrogance the way I despise the Yankees arrogance. Plus, most of their fans are incredible cry-babies.

Where are they now? I haven't seen a post from any of them other than Jimbo.

I'm glad you're happy. Does it take the sting out of your Lame Ducks season? Good luck making the playoffs next year. :D

BTW, what arrogance? The fans here, or the organization?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)