2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

The Poster boy for the NHL can't even shake hands with the opponents CAPTAIN ????
What a sleeze ball he's turning out to be.

Oh Jim. You too, huh? You dissapoint me. I'm sure you'll live, but you dissapoint me. Please read all the stories re: this and then you'll see he is no LBJ.

Malkin is no stud.....
In reality , he just a young HOT HEAD like a few of the other Pens.
Slashing a guy across the back and instigating a fight when the game doesn't go his way , what a classy guy he is .... sheesh :rolleyes:

Thought you of all people had more common sense than that .

Pot calling the kettle black here, folks!:rant:

No congrats for the wings. They CHOKED in front of the home crowd in game 7 of the championship. Something, as has been pointed out previously, has not happened in 40 years. Pathetic.

The Poster boy for the NHL can't even shake hands with the opponents CAPTAIN ????
What a sleeze ball he's turning out to be.

Per ESPN:
"Nick was waiting and waiting, and Crosby didn't come over to shake his hand," Draper told an Associated Press reporter a couple hours later as he was leaving Joe Louis Arena. "That's ridiculous, especially as their captain, and make sure you write that I said that!"

Crosby eventually skated over to shake hands with the Red Wings, but many had already headed for the dressing room.

"My intentions were to shake hands," Crosby said, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "That we didn't wasn't me trying to avoid it.

"That's the last thing I'd want to do. By no means was I trying to avoid shaking the other team's hands.

"I think it's important to do that."

Detroit forward Johan Franzen and Crosby exchanged words and Crosby then shook hands with goaltender Chris Osgood and some other Detroit players.

The Penguins were unhappy with the accusation, especially since Crosby was photographed going through the line.

"Nobody respects the traditions of hockey more than Sidney Crosby," team vice president Tom McMillan said. "It was a young team celebrating its first Cup and some of the guys might have been a little late getting into the handshake line."

The losing team almost always leaves the ice quickly following an elimination loss, especially during the finals, and it was uncertain how long Lidstrom waited.

Sleeze ball? Wow. Sounds like Draper might be a little bit of a poor loser to me.

Wings have been thru it all ... Winning and Losing, they know the routine, they have been on both sides of the table many many times between 1992 and now.

Poor loser, hardly.
Then why would he call out Crosby without even knowing what the circumstances may have been? For that matter, what do any of you really know about Crosby? To accuse that kid, with all the pressure that's been on him at such an early age, of becoming a sleeze ball? :no Not cool, even if just said in fun.

Then why would he call out Crosby without even knowing what the circumstances may have been? For that matter, what do any of you really know about Crosby? To accuse that kid, with all the pressure that's been on him at such an early age, of becoming a sleeze ball? :no Not cool, even if just said in fun.

What exactly do YOU know about the guy ?

As for the Sleezeball comment,that came from me, I don't think Draper said that, but I could be wrong.

It in my eyes is just a simple DISRESPECT for the rest of the Wings, he did not even shake the FIRST guy in lines hand.
After such a great series, it's sad to see this happen.

As for the Sleezeball comment,that came from me, I don't think Draper said that, but I could be wrong.

It in my eyes is just a simple DISRESPECT for the rest of the Wings, he did not even shake the FIRST guy in lines hand.

JIMBO!!! LET IT GO!!!!!

That's the point I'm trying to get across. I, and YOU, don't know enough about the guy to be so bold as to call him a sleeze ball. He explained what he did, and none of us know why he may or may not have gotten out there to shake hands earlier. But he did get out there and shake hands with some, which makes me think any so-called slight wasn't intentional. It sounds like a pissed off prick trying to stir up crap if you ask me.

Give the kid a break. I'd like to see YOU handle the pressure he's under at his age. Hell man, YOU can't even keep your cool on this meaningless message board. :rolleyes:

That's the point I'm trying to get across. I, and YOU, don't know enough about the guy to be so bold as to call him a sleeze ball. He explained what he did, and none of us know why he may or may not have gotten out there to shake hands earlier. But he did get out there and shake hands with some, which makes me think any so-called slight wasn't intentional. It sounds like a pissed off prick trying to stir up crap if you ask me.

Give the kid a break. I'd like to see YOU handle the pressure he's under at his age. Hell man, YOU can't even keep your cool on this meaningless message board. :rolleyes:

Gee, want to go visit the football threads again ? :rolleyes:
First it's KCK and now You

I just don't understand all the Crosby whiners, that's all. Seems to me the kid's got talent. He's young, he'll learn the ropes as he matures. Why put him down all the time.

I just don't understand all the Crosby whiners, that's all. Seems to me the kid's got talent. He's young, he'll learn the ropes as he matures. Why put him down all the time.

No offense Jimbo.

I think people don't like Crosby because he is the face of the NHL. Just like Gretzky, people didn't like him either unless he played for their team.

Crosby is gonna get a lot of the attention along with Ovechkin, who I hate:rolleyes:, other teams and fans are gonna hate them because of it.

Flyer fans and the team really hate him, the rivalry adds to it.

I personally don't care what jimbo, Paul or anyother fan who doesn't like him say about him because he's not on their team, I would probably do the same <Cough>Ovechkin<Cough>.

I do believe what Crosby said and I do believe Draper believes what he said. It doesn't matter, the game is over. Yeah Crosby might have been doing something prior to the handshake, but there is video evidence that he did shake hands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)