2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

In the other playoff game tonight, it's 4-1 Bruins.

I predicted that Carolina might be a little fatigued from their seven-game war with the Devils- so far, that theory is looking good.

Nice bonus coverage of the Bruins-Canes game now that Boston is up 4-1 with under 10-minutes left to play.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I thought Carolina would be much more competitive when the evening started. They will need to come with their "A" game and win game 2 if they hope to win this series.

In the other playoff game tonight, it's 4-1 Bruins.

I predicted that Carolina might be a little fatigued from their seven-game war with the Devils- so far, that theory is looking good.

The conventional wisdom in these parts was the Bruins might be rusty from their layoff and may lose Game 1.

Take that, talking heads. :up

Was it just me or when the TSN feed went to break I heard a little of the old Hockey night in canada theme!! Pretty cool if it was

How ironic would that be if it came down to a chicago / detroit for the west. Detroit can take the winter classic, well take the cup ;)
The Blackhaws gotta get past the Canucks first...and the Wings needs to take care of business with the Ducks, which will not be easy. Besides, I kinda like where the Cup is at right now.:)

Additionally, I am really looking forward to seeing how the Pittsburgh-Washington series shapes-up tomorrow afternoon.

The Blackhaws gotta get past the Canucks first...and the Wings needs to take care of business with the Ducks, which will not be easy. Besides, I kinda like where the Cup is at right now.:)

Additionally, I am really looking forward to seeing how the Pittsburgh-Washington series shapes-up tomorrow afternoon.

That should be a good one!

Game notes
Red Wings D Brian Rafalski was a surprise scratch with an upper-body injury and was replaced by 47-year-old Chris Chelios, who played in his 261st playoff game and 24th postseason to extend his own records ahead of Patrick Roy (247) and Ray Bourque (21). ... Detroit and the Ducks have both won two series against each other. The Red Wings eliminated Anaheim en route to the 1997 Cup and in 1999. ... The Ducks beat Detroit in the 2003 playoffs with current Detroit coach Mike Babcock as their coach. ... The Red Wings won the season series 3-1. ... Babcock (72) and Anaheim coach Randy Carlyle (49) have the most playoff victories and highest winning percentages since 2003.

A Surprise scratch ???? with an upper body injury ....
Would you KNOW if you had an injury ?

Sounds like the Wings wanted to get Chelly in the playoff action.

Bruins have now outscored their playoff opponents, 21-7 through the five playoff games.

They are now 5-0 against Carolina this season and have outscored the Hurricanes, 22-7.

Anyone having blocking and picture break up in the game, just the last few minutes ?

Didn't see any blocking or break-up but I thought the PQ for the whole game was bad. Wish CBC out of Windsor would go digital, watched a little of the game on ch 9. The game announcers seem better.

The Ducks are going to have to stay out of the Penalty Box if they are going to win - the Wings powerplay is just too good. The Bruins look like they are ready to advance to the next round.

God, I hope you're right. I just won't feel comfortable unless they're up 3-1 after four games.

The fact that they have dominated the Canes over five games (a pretty decent sample size), gives me confidence that they SHOULD win this in at least 6 games.

But ya never know.........................

Was it just me or when the TSN feed went to break I heard a little of the old Hockey night in canada theme!! Pretty cool if it was

TSN has the rights to the hockey song since CBC didnt renew it. TSN & RDS (French) use it all the time

The beginning

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeETbgPes18]YouTube - NHL on TSN Theme[/ame]

God, I hope you're right. I just won't feel comfortable unless they're up 3-1 after four games.

The fact that they have dominated the Canes over five games (a pretty decent sample size), gives me confidence that they SHOULD win this in at least 6 games.

But ya never know.........................

IMO, getting past Montreal was the big hurdle for the B's.

They met up with the last four times they made the playoffs- lost three of them, then got the sweep this year.

Sometimes, when you get past a huge hurdle, everything else is a breeze.

The 49ers went through it with the Cowboys in the 1990s, or the Colts with your Patriots in the 2000s- after finally beating them in a big playoff game, the Super Bowl was a cakewalk.

The Bruins could practically cakewalk into the Eastern Conference Finals.

Didn't see any blocking or break-up but I thought the PQ for the whole game was bad. Wish CBC out of Windsor would go digital, watched a little of the game on ch 9. The game announcers seem better.

CBC IS digital, but you have to be able to get the signal out of Toronto, instead of Windsor.
CBC has always been the TOP for Hockey broadcasts as far as I'm concerned.

NBA Finals

Ryan Leaf - at least SOMEBODY wants him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts