2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Now we WAIT

NHL playoffs use to be a game every other night , till the networks took over ....
Now we have a whole weekend go by with out Wings hockey till Sunday afternoon/evening.

Any reason why they are not playing on Saturday ?

Now we WAIT

NHL playoffs use to be a game every other night , till the networks took over ....
Now we have a whole weekend go by with out Wings hockey till Sunday afternoon/evening.

Any reason why they are not playing on Saturday ?
NONE! The Capitals and Penguins are playing back-to-back days...just like the old days! There is no reason for a 3-day break IMO.

Bruins go down 3 games to 1 to Carolina.

The Bruins have plain and simply been outplayed since the end of Game 1.

Bruins are in a lot of trouble.

Down 3-1 to Carolina.

I saw what the Caps did in round 1- can the B's do the same?

(I hope so; I lost one Cup finalist in San Jose; if I lose another, my hockey prognasticating will take a huge hit.)

NONE! The Capitals and Penguins are playing back-to-back days...just like the old days! There is no reason for a 3-day break IMO.

Maybe it will help the Wings in the long run, better chance of Rafalski getting back on Sunday ...

Hopefully Draper too, they REALLY miss him out there.

Rafalski and Draper probably won't play Sunday. Both are out with unspecified injuries. Red Wings won't comment on the injuries because of what happened last year when Franzen was out with that head injury. when he came back, everybody became a "head hunter".

Rafalski and Draper probably won't play Sunday. Both are out with unspecified injuries. Red Wings won't comment on the injuries because of what happened last year when Franzen was out with that head injury. when he came back, everybody became a "head hunter".

I figured that Rafalski would be back, but have heard nothing on Draper.

Should the Wings win the Stanley Cup, technically, Draper would not get his name on the cup as he did not play in the playoffs as of yet.

However, I know the team can petition for it.

Saturday's Playoff Schedule- All times Eastern

Pittsburgh [FSN-Pitt(HD)] at Washington [CSN-DC(HD)]- Game 5 (Series tied 2-2)- 7:00 PM
National telecasts: Versus-HD, CBC-HD, RDS-HD

Chicago [CSN-Chicago(HD)] at Vancouver [RDS(HD)]- Game 5 (Series tied 2-2)- 10:30 PM
National telecasts: Versus-HD, CBC-HD

Pens come back from a 2-0 series deficit to take a 3-2 lead in the series against the Caps.

Two thoughts:

1. The Caps are snake-bitten against Pittsburgh. It's like the Lakers and Celtics in the 1960s.

2. The two teams I picked to play in the Eastern Conference Finals are one game away from elimination. Who could have predicted that we may possibly have a Carolina/Pittsburgh East Finas?

Pens come back from a 2-0 series deficit to take a 3-2 lead in the series against the Caps.

Two thoughts:

1. The Caps are snake-bitten against Pittsburgh. It's like the Lakers and Celtics in the 1960s.

2. The two teams I picked to play in the Eastern Conference Finals are one game away from elimination. Who could have predicted that we may possibly have a Carolina/Pittsburgh East Finas?
The Caps are down, but they aren't out. If the Caps can win Game 6 in Pittsburgh then they will win the series. I still think the Caps will come back, but it won't be easy.

NBA Finals

Ryan Leaf - at least SOMEBODY wants him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)