2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

There we go 2-1, big goal by Frazen!!! number 2 tonight!!

Lot of hockey left, but good start

Franzen has, IMO, the funniest nickname in sports.

I know he's a good player- see his one-man dominance of the Avs in last year's playoffs- but "The Mule?!" :haha:haha

Wings were very sloppy in the first half of the 1st period ... passes were going nowhere, behind people and all over the place.
They seem to be more in sync in the second so far.

Wings score late in the 2nd period , take a 3-2 lead.

This is the same point that they took over the game the other night.
The controlled the end of the second and the third period the other night , but still lost.

An odd thing is happening in this game ...

Perry for the Ducks have both Duck goals.

Franzen has 2 and Hossa has 2 for the Wings ...

Deuces wild ???

Big wins by Chicago and Detroit this evening! I didn't see much of the Chi-Van game, but I did see the Blackhawks come from behind for the victory. The Wings were skating circles around the Ducks in the 2nd and 3rd periods - it looked like Anaheim's big lineup was tired. I just looked up the box scores and the Wings have outshot the Ducks 185-121 in this series. Yikes! Anyway, Games 5 should big HUGE as the home ice advantage changes once again.

I don't think Carlyle wanted to chance losing his stug goaltender if it got any worse.
And Gigure played well when he came in.

I was really surprised it happened.

(Also, I wonder why in the world didn't San Jose attack the net like that in their series?)

Big wins by Chicago and Detroit this evening! I didn't see much of the Chi-Van game, but I did see the Blackhawks come from behind for the victory. The Wings were skating circles around the Ducks in the 2nd and 3rd periods - it looked like Anaheim's big lineup was tired. I just looked up the box scores and the Wings have outshot the Ducks 185-121 in this series. Yikes! Anyway, Games 5 should big HUGE as the home ice advantage changes once again.

I hope Chicago wins it... We need to seal the deal on this one, Like now.

The wings / Ducks series has been everything that I would be. This still ends with the Wings on top in 6.

Where you been at????? I've been missing your pie hole thru all of this! :p

WHEW! I am all black and blue and I haven't even been in one game.:eek:

Wings definitely have the advantage going home. However, going home tied is a helluva lot different than going home up one.

I need to take a nap....

Computer, actually the connection, was down. BTW, I'm not going to complain about the errant whistle 2 games ago. The Wing's shouldn't have put themselves in the position for a referee to change the game in the first place.

Anyhow, this series has been everything that makes the Stanley Cup playoffs so exciting. Physical to say the least, but my Wings haven't backed down.

Last edited:
Computer, actually the connection, was down. BTW, I'm not going to complain about the errant whistle 2 games ago. The wing's shouldn't have put themselves in the position for a referee to change the game in the first place.

Anyhow, this series has been everything that makes the Stanley Cup playoffs so exciting. Physical to say the least, but my Wings haven't backed down.

That is the proper way to view it. A team should always play good enough to absorb calls out of their hands.

Friday's Playoff Schedule- All times Eastern

Washington [CSN-DC(HD) at Pittsburgh [FSN-Pitt(HD)]- Game 4 (Caps lead series 2-1)- 7:00 PM
National telecasts: Versus-HD, CBC-HD, RDS-HD

Boston [NESN(HD)] at Carolina [FS-Carolina(HD)]- Game 4 (Canes lead series 2-1)- 7:30 PM
National telecasts: Versus-HD (JIP), TSN-HD, RIS

NBA Finals

Ryan Leaf - at least SOMEBODY wants him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)