2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Well, Cant win the game when the refs want to call a one sided game.. Plenty of holds where detroit players were holding the hawks blatently down on the ice, or where the redwings were slashing against the hawks, but the refs would look the other way. But as soon as the hawks would do it the refs would call it up. Chicago not playing their two stars didnt help. I expect this game to fully turn around in game two.

Well, Cant win the game when the refs want to call a one sided game.. Plenty of holds where detroit players were holding the hawks blatently down on the ice, or where the redwings were slashing against the hawks, but the refs would look the other way. But as soon as the hawks would do it the refs would call it up. Chicago not playing their two stars didnt help. I expect this game to fully turn around in game two.

Blaiming the refs...after game one??? , where is all that talk about Chicago Steamroling?? :D:D:D

I think Chicago tries to get a bit more physical. They just have to be carefull they dont go overboard, giving the wings powerplay action. Wings need to do a better job of not turning over the puck.

Patrick Kane no shots on goal!

I am sure that chicago will be ready for game two, as the Wings will too, havent accomplished anything yet as its one win, with three more to go

Last edited:
The game went pretty much as I expected with the Wings outshooting and outscoring the Blackhawks. I agree there will be a turn-anound in game two...the Wings were very slopping with eleven (11) giveaways compared to Chicago's one (1); the Wings will turn this around next game.

Anyway, I had unwelcomed/welcomed folks looking at our house so I just caught up with the game. Thank goodness for the inventor of the HD DVR!!!:)

Blaiming the refs...after game one??? , where is all that talk about Chicago Steamroling?? :D:D:D
The Blackhawks played a pretty good game today. It should be interesting to see what happens in Game 2. To be honest, I saw a lot of penalties on both sides that we're not being called this afternoon...but these officials were much better than the crew calling the Detroit-Anaheim series. The teams just have to deal with the good and bad and move on...

The Blackhawks played a pretty good game today. It should be interesting to see what happens in Game 2. To be honest, I saw a lot of penalties on both sides that we're not being called this afternoon...but these officials were much better than the crew calling the Detroit-Anaheim series.

I would agree, game one is always a feeling out game. Though I am happy Wings took the opening game

Last edited:
Me too...and I saw a lotta room for the Wings to improve play behind the blue line. Plus, I cannot wait for Datsyuk to catch fire on offense.

And Hossa ..... Didn't he like lead the league in Playoff points last year, or at least close ?

Shows how much tougher the Western Conference is vs the Eastern.

Penalties were 5-3 Chicago, so the ones called were pretty close ....
Nothing like the Wings in previous series, there was a game that 75 % of the first period they were in the box.

Last edited:
Detroit goal.. These refs are quick to call penalty's against the hawks, but wont call crap against the redwings.

Detriot leads 2-1

Playoff hockey, there were 4 penalties called the entire game. I would not say anything went either way, and both teams got away with plenty, I would suggest your and your hawks toughen up and play instead of whine...:D:D:D:D

You don't really think you guys have a chance to win this series do you?

PS I agree your two star should have played more, but they were getting shut down, he had to try something.

Playoff hockey, there were 4 penalties called the entire game. I would not say anything went either way, and both teams got away with plenty, I would suggest your and your hawks toughen up and play instead of whine...:D:D:D:D

You don't really think you guys have a chance to win this series do you?

PS I agree your two star should have played more, but they were getting shut down, he had to try something.

Im pointing out the fact that the penaty's that should have been called wasnt, but as soon as chicago did somehting small they were hounded on.. Come see me game 7 when were done whooping your ass. Thats the bottom line because the mighty blackhawk said so :D

Our two stars had only played 8 min of ice time each by the third period. That was a wrong move in my book, they should have had alot more ice time.

NBA Finals

Ryan Leaf - at least SOMEBODY wants him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)