2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

I noticed the ratings for this years Stanley Cup playoffs are way up this years and the Stanley Cup thread has already seen 4x more activity than last years...in fact, it is one of the most active in the Sports Forum. :up:up

I would say the Detroit / Chicago matchup has alot to do with this, and the whole story of the blackhawks rebuilding and re branding the whole franchise in 2 seasons is amazing. Just think of it this time 3 years ago, you couldnt catch a home game for the blackhawks on tv. Now you have just about everygame on in hd, with a team that is one of the best in the legue.

My goal is to shave this damm playoff beard after the Chicago Blackhawks raise the cup over thier head!

Chicago Blackhawks.... One goal.. :D

I would say the Detroit / Chicago matchup has alot to do with this, and the whole story of the blackhawks rebuilding and re branding the whole franchise in 2 seasons is amazing. Just think of it this time 3 years ago, you couldnt catch a home game for the blackhawks on tv. Now you have just about everygame on in hd, with a team that is one of the best in the legue.

My goal is to shave this damm playoff beard after the Chicago Blackhawks raise the cup over thier head!

Chicago Blackhawks.... One goal.. :D

You're going to look like the guitarist from ZZ Top by time that happens. Detroit has no intention of relocating the Stanley Cup in the foreseeable future. See you on your next tour!

Which is what I predict they will score this evening...:D Seriously, good luck this evening...I am really interested to see if the Blackhawks come out fighting and ready to play 60-minutes of hockey.

Oh they will, for at least 2 more games. They need to steal one in Detroit to have a chance in this series. And they will play hard in the first game in Chicago. After that their spirit will have been broken. They're young and talented. But two years away from serious Cup consideration, IMO.

Which is what I predict they will score this evening...:D Seriously, good luck this evening...I am really interested to see if the Blackhawks come out fighting and ready to play 60-minutes of hockey.

Why do I feel like the only guy in the crowd who actually cheers for Chris Jericho? :D....

Your right the score will be Hawks 1 - Wings 0! :D

I suspect the hawks will pickup tonight and learn from their mistakes from game one.

Oh they will, for at least 2 more games. They need to steal one in Detroit to have a chance in this series. And they will play hard in the first game in Chicago. After that their spirit will have been broken. They're young and talented. But two years away from serious Cup consideration, IMO.

Uhhh I think they are in serious cup consideration now, After all they are in the finals. :up

You know...I don't like the Penguins simply because I can't stand the Versus and NBC staff kissing Lord Crosby's arse. Come on! The guy is really good player, but some media types are practically hailing him as the 2nd coming of the Great One.:(

They got to promote the league's stars. Funny thing is, we've quite a few here in Detroit. Would be nice if somebody outside of Detroit knew that also.

Tuesday's Playoff Schedule

Chicago at Detroit- WCF Game 2 (Wings lead series 1-0)- 7:30pm ET [Versus (HD), TSN (HD), RDS (HD)]

What's everyone drinking tonight?

Less than two-hours 'till opening face-off...really looking forward to tonight's game. In fact, I think I will have a couple beers (Yuengling Lager or Molson Golden) this evening since I haven't had a beer in 2-3 months. Now that's what I call alcohol abuse!

Anyway, I decided that I am drinking Yuengling tonight, Molson during Game 3, and Old Dominion Lager for Game 4. If you haven't tried Old Dominion, I highly recommend all their beers: Dominion Beers

What is everyone drinking tonight?

You know...I don't like the Penguins simply because I can't stand the Versus and NBC staff kissing Lord Crosby's arse. Come on! The guy is really good player, but some media types are practically hailing him as the 2nd coming of the Great One.:(

I would agree, if you did not watch the games you would think the Pens won the cup last year

2-1 Wings after the 2nd, but the Blackhawks still have another 1:20 of Powerplay time. Chicago has definitely stepped-up their play this evening, and the Wings have looked a little "out-of-sync" much of the time. Anyway, the 3rd period should be a good one.

I would agree, if you did not watch the games you would think the Pens won the cup last year
...especially since I have always thought Malkin is their best player! We won't even bring any of the Wings into this. To be honest, I can't say I say I dislike Crosby...but it sure doesn't sit well when the media treat him as though Susan Boyle will be singing King Crosby after she wins Britain's Got Talent.:p

Hey, where's DetFan, Jimbotron and Paulinator this evening...

NBA Finals

Ryan Leaf - at least SOMEBODY wants him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)