2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Each series now switches venues, with the Caps up 2-0 and the other three series tied 1-1.

I guess he is the best, but I just HATE Ovechkin.

As a Rangers fan (no I do not have Swine flu and I am back from the flu I did have), I watched a special on Ovechkin one night with my dream girl (Rachel Nichols; god she is yummy) and as a result of the special, I came off liking/respecting him and how he approaches the game.

I think we need more of him, his explosiveness and love of the game in the NHL to get it back in the media.

Tuesday's Playoff Schedule- All Times Eastern

Vancouver [RDS(HD)] at Chicago [CSN-Chicago(HD)]- Game 3- 8:00 PM
National telecasts: Versus-HD, CBC-HD

Detroit [FS-Detroit(HD)] at Anaheim [Prime Ticket(HD)]- Game 3- 10:30 PM
National telecasts: Versus-HD, TSN-HD, RDS-HD

Capitals win and go up 2-0 in the series. Pittsburgh is going to have to dig themselves out of a hole, but both games have been very close and they will have home ice advantage in games 3 and 4.

I blame Cybok, he's not rooting hard enough.:D

As a Rangers fan (no I do not have Swine flu and I am back from the flu I did have), I watched a special on Ovechkin one night with my dream girl (Rachel Nichols; god she is yummy) and as a result of the special, I came off liking/respecting him and how he approaches the game.

I think we need more of him, his explosiveness and love of the game in the NHL to get it back in the media.

On the contrary, an interview I read that he did with a magazine (sorry, I cannot remember the name) showed him cocky, arrogant, spoiled and quite openly here in the USA to make hios millions and go back to Russia.

I agree that his talent is beyond reproach. I applaud that. But, I don't like what I see as a human being...But that's just me.

I guess he is the best, but I just HATE Ovechkin.

:up

I wish someone would just hit him so hard he will be out for the rest of the playoffs.

Kind of like what Ulf Samuelson did to Cam Neely.:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd8cDxL_5IE]YouTube - Ulf Samuelsson Hit Cam Neely 1991 Conference Final Game 3[/ame]

So who's staying up for Wings-Ducks tonight? I'm usually sleeping by 10:30, but I'm going to try to make it up. Of course, if the Wings fall behind by a few goals, I'll record it and skim through the rest in the morning.

I just have a bad feeling about this series. It's eerily similar to the Wings-Ducks WCF series a couple of years ago.

So who's staying up for Wings-Ducks tonight? I'm usually sleeping by 10:30, but I'm going to try to make it up. Of course, if the Wings fall behind by a few goals, I'll record it and skim through the rest in the morning.

I just have a bad feeling about this series. It's eerily similar to the Wings-Ducks WCF series a couple of years ago.

Just make sure you add a few additional hours to your DVR setting tonight!:p

I'll be at the game actually, so I will not be commenting here till the morning. I expect Honda Center to rock more than it did the last time I was there for the Sharks/Ducks game and we had two minor earthquakes!!!!:hungry:

That Samuellson hit on Neely- there's a sore spot for B's fans.

I'm a Sabres fan, and I thought that was a dirty cheapshot.

I felt so bad for Neely; I always respected him, even though he OWNED Buffalo.

I'm staying up for the game. I have been working on proposals and have been working out of the house most of the time. With the except of 2-3 required meetings each week, I can work and sleep when I wish - just as long as the work gets done. To be honest, with my family back in TX I tend to do most of my work in the evenings and I sometimes work through the night.

While Sunday's triple-overtime lost sucked (if you're a Wings fan), I feel they are doing what it takes to win this series with the Ducks. We shall see.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing some of you this evening. Right now I am considering buying a ticket to Saturday night's game 5 (Washington vs Pittsburgh) should the series come back to DC.

That Samuellson hit on Neely- there's a sore spot for B's fans.

I'm a Sabres fan, and I thought that was a dirty cheapshot.

I felt so bad for Neely; I always respected him, even though he OWNED Buffalo.

Yes I am a Bruins fans, and yes I was a huge Cam Neely fan (whom I've met in person and is a class act).

That being said, this has nothing to do with fandom. I WOULD NEVER wish injury, or mock an injury of an athlete that has worked their arses off to get where they are in their respective sport, just because of the laundry they wear on their backs.

The fact that, in a fair fight, Neely could have snapped Samuellson in two makes it even more deplorable, IMO.

Neely wasn't the only one Samuellson cheapshotted either:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tQsE3BIcKo"]YouTube - Don Cherry on Ulf Samuelsson[/ame]

Personally, I can't stand Ovechkin myself. I think he is a self-absorbed, obnoxious bore. BUT that doesn't mean I want to see him get injured.

Tuesday's Playoff Schedule- All Times Eastern

Vancouver [RDS(HD)] at Chicago [CSN-Chicago(HD)]- Game 3- 8:00 PM
National telecasts: Versus-HD, CBC-HD

Detroit [FS-Detroit(HD)] at Anaheim [Prime Ticket(HD)]- Game 3- 10:30 PM
National telecasts: Versus-HD, TSN-HD, RDS-HD

Surprisingly, the Red Wings game tonight is ALSO on the local FSN ....
Glad to see this !

Just make sure you add a few additional hours to your DVR setting tonight!:p

I'll be at the game actually, so I will not be commenting here till the morning. I expect Honda Center to rock more than it did the last time I was there for the Sharks/Ducks game and we had two minor earthquakes!!!!:hungry:

Have fun KC,
Good luck , may be have a entertaining game :D

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)