2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

I think even Anaheim fans can admit that the refs missed that one. But this is the NHL, and things like this happen all too often. Unfortunately, this one happened at a critical time in the game and series. Hopefully Detroit can regroup and take game 4, because otherwise the series is over.

Stay classy! :rolleyes:

Go Capitals! :up

That Samuellson hit on Neely- there's a sore spot for B's fans.

I'm a Sabres fan, and I thought that was a dirty cheapshot.

I felt so bad for Neely; I always respected him, even though he OWNED Buffalo.

Yes I am a Bruins fans, and yes I was a huge Cam Neely fan (whom I've met in person and is a class act).

That being said, this has nothing to do with fandom. I WOULD NEVER wish injury, or mock an injury of an athlete that has worked their arses off to get where they are in their respective sport, just because of the laundry they wear on their backs.

The fact that, in a fair fight, Neely could have snapped Samuellson in two makes it even more deplorable, IMO.

Neely wasn't the only one Samuellson cheapshotted either:

YouTube - Don Cherry on Ulf Samuelsson

Personally, I can't stand Ovechkin myself. I think he is a self-absorbed, obnoxious bore. BUT that doesn't mean I want to see him get injured.

I'm sorry if you don't like my views, I don't wish fatal or career ending injuries, Neely came back. It was OK for Ty Domi or Kasperitis to hurt Mario because he was Mario? But it's part of the game, they hit each other, someone can get hurt at any time, keep your head up if you don't want hit.

I was thrilled when Brady got hurt, why? Because that is one less team the Steelers have to deal with to get to the Superbowl. Again they hit each other, someone is gonna get hurt.

I feel someone should hit Ovechkin hard repeatedly, when he gets up hit him again. Players try to hit Crosby and Malkin hard to put them out, it's part of the game.

You and your little buddies can call me classless all you want, I'm just saying how I feel. I wont go away crying like some people.:rolleyes:

I'm sorry if you don't like my views, I don't wish fatal or career ending injuries, Neely came back.

LOL!!!! You are kidding, right? Neely was a shell of his former self when he came back!

It was OK for Ty Domi or Kasperitis to hurt Mario because he was Mario? But it's part of the game, they hit each other, someone can get hurt at any time, keep your head up if you don't want hit.

I never argued that injuries weren't part of sports, or that hockey players should keep their heads on a swivel, did I? :confused:

I just think it's totally classless to wish injury on ANYBODY!

I was thrilled when Brady got hurt

I bet you were! :rolleyes:

Because that is one less team the Steelers have to deal with to get to the Superbowl. Again they hit each other, someone is gonna get hurt.

Don't you have enough faith in your teams, not to wish injuries on the competition? :eek: :confused:

I feel someone should hit Ovechkin hard repeatedly, when he gets up hit him again.

That's fine, nobody should have a problem with THAT. Hitting is part of hockey.

Players try to hit Crosby and Malkin hard to put them out, it's part of the game.

Maybe a handful of players have the INTENT to injure . The CLEAN, hard nosed players are letting the Ovechkins, Crosbys, Malkins and Neelys of the world know that THEY ARE THERE.

You and your little buddies can call me classless all you want

By chance, who would THEY be? :confused:

I'm just saying how I feel

Yup, hoping players get injured................bravo for you! :rolleyes:

I wont go away crying like some people.:rolleyes:

Oh now you went and hurt my feelings. :p :rolleyes:

Anyone have an opinion on that strange ending to last night's game?

A lot of people think Detroit got a raw deal on that whistle that nullified a tying goal.

Wednesday's Playoff Schedule- All times Eastern

Washington at Pittsburgh- Game 3(Capitals lead the series 2-0)- 7:00 PM
National telecasts: Versus-HD, CBC-HD, RDS-HD

Boston [NESN(HD)] at Carolina [FS-Carolina(HD)]- Game 3 (Series tied 1-1)- 7:30 PM
National telecasts: Versus-HD (Joined in progress), TSN-HD, RIS

Anyone have an opinion on that strange ending to last night's game?

A lot of people think Detroit got a raw deal on that whistle that nullified a tying goal.

Believe or not, I STILL haven't seen the play in question.

What did you think, Sabres?

That's what I've been hearing today on local radio.

Thats correct, the Ref was out of place, to blow the wistle like that was not the correct call. But.....everyone knew after two games what kind of series it was going to be, the Wings just got to get ready for the next one!!!

Thats correct, the Ref was out of place, to blow the wistle like that was not the correct call. But.....everyone knew after two games what kind of series it was going to be, the Wings just got to get ready for the next one!!!

The Ref was NOT out of position, he was standing behind the net watching the play develop and STILL blew the whistle, it was quite obvious that it was the wrong call.

He certainly didn't blow the whistle early like that the rest of the night.

What ever happened to the play going to TORONTO, the almighty guys in Toronto have the final say on all plays, oddly enough.

Wings have been sleepwalking thru the first period, that needs to change QUICKLY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)