2009 US Open @ Bethpage-Black

Hmmm they change the length of the tournament this year? I believe you meant 72 holes.

Madone! LMAO! I don't know what I meant. I think I calculated the cumulative par for all 4 days. (70 x 4 = 280).

Either way, I think I had one of those Senior moments your were talking about in the other thread. :D

Madone! LMAO! I don't know what I meant. I think I calculated the cumulative par for all 4 days. (70 x 4 = 280).

Either way, I think I had one of those Senior moments your were talking about in the other thread. :D

Yep.

Anyone ready for some Golf?!

Tiger tees off today at 8:06 am with Padraig Harrington and Angel Cabrera.

Phil tees off today at 1:36 pm with Retief Goosen and Ernie Els.

Good luck boys!!!

According to Dr. Andy North he says that Geoff Oglivy will win.

Rain, rain, go away!

The US Open is underway, but play may not go uninterrupted on day one. Steady rains are falling on an already soaked course and are predicted to continue throughout the day.

Bethpage is set up as the second-longest U.S. Open layout in history, and as an added bonus, it’ll have three different par-4s measuring more than 500 yards. In other words, this course is going to be difficult as hell if this rain won't go away!

Now this from the USGA Chairman....
“If we can’t play it, if it’s not fair to be playing the ball as it lies, we’ll suspend play,” said Jim Hyler, the chairman of the United States Golf Association’s championship committee. “We’ll stay here until we get a champion.”
Settle in folks. If we endure any delays, this could make for a long weekend.

The US Open is underway, but play may not go uninterrupted on day one. Steady rains are falling on an already soaked course and are predicted to continue throughout the day.

Bethpage is set up as the second-longest U.S. Open layout in history, and as an added bonus, it’ll have three different par-4s measuring more than 500 yards. In other words, this course is going to be difficult as hell if this rain won't go away!

Now this from the USGA Chairman....
Settle in folks. If we endure any delays, this could make for a long weekend.

Depending on the weather...I see the cut being in the UPPER 70s.

There going to start @ 7:30 am tomorrow... will this push back the final round or will they still be able to finish by Sun.?

There going to start @ 7:30 am tomorrow... will this push back the final round or will they still be able to finish by Sun.?

The plan is to catch up tomorrow. There is no rain in tomorrow's forecast, so there will be a lot of golf tomorrow.

Did you guys see the pictures of the course after the rain?! It's soaked, with huge puddles in some areas. They said it has rained 13 of the last 16 days in New York. I feel for the grounds crew.

BTW, Tiger is +1 after 6. The leading score so far is -1. No player has finished yet. The furthest that a group has finished is hole #11.

The course looks awful. They said it's rained in NY for something like 13 of the last 15 days and Sat is supposed to be like today. I think there's a good chance this thing doesn't end on Sun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts