2010-11 MLB Hot Stove

Boston doesn't hold parades for professional hockey teams. It can only hold them for Beanpot Tourney winners... and Ray Borque.
That was sooooo embarrassing when Mayor Menino invited Bourque and the Stanley Cup (the one the Avalanche earned in 2001) to Boston for a parade at City Hall. :eek:

Boston was in a 15 year championship drought (Celtics in 1986), and things weren't looking too good for any of our teams at the time.

Did Georgetown ever wind up holding that parade for Allen Iverson, honoring him for foregoing the only chance he'd ever have to earn a bachelor's degree at a top flight institution?

Did Georgetown ever wind up holding that parade for Allen Iverson, honoring him for foregoing the only chance he'd ever have to earn a bachelor's degree at a top flight institution?
I gotta say that rings a bell, but I'm honestly not positive.

What an offseason for the Red Sox!! :up

First they add Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford to their lineup, and now they add Bobby Jenks and Dan Wheeler to the bullpen!

Could Boston have three championship parades in 2011 (Pats, Celtics and Red Sox)?? :eek:
Obviously, these teams have to win it on the field/court, but I must admit I have visions of sugar plums dancing in my head!! :D

Now they should trade a few of them to the Royals for Joakim Soria and be set at Closer for years to come. :)

I don't know .... Soria is a KNOWN commodity and only 26, I haven't followed Bard enough to know if he has the type of history that Soria has.

Absolutely, Soria is a known commodity. I believe he's already made three All-Star Games. The Sox have been high on Bard and his 100 MPH stuff for a few years now.

Shocked that no has stated anything about Greinke...

Updated: December 20, 2010, 4:39 PM ET

Zack Greinke likes Brewers' attitude

Associated Press

MILWAUKEE -- Zack Greinke loves the attitude of the Milwaukee Brewers and their willingness to try to reach the postseason immediately.

"The main reason I wanted to get out, I mean, preferred to get out of Kansas City is I wanted to be on a team that was trying to win this year because as a pitcher you don't really know how long your career is going to be," Greinke said Monday, a day after he was acquired from the Royals in a six-player trade.

The Brewers gutted their farm system to acquire Zack Greinke, but the ace makes Milwaukee contenders in the NL Central, ESPN Insider's Keith Law writes. Blog Insider

After winning the AL Cy Young Award with a 16-8 record and 2.16 ERA in 2009, the 27-year-old right-hander slumped to 10-14 with a 4.17 ERA last season.

"Just really wanted to be in a place where they were playing to win games right away," he said.

Since the end of the season, the Brewers also acquired Shaun Marcum to join a rotation that also includes holdover Yovani Gallardo. The new players join a core that includes All-Stars Prince Fielder, Ryan Braun and Corey Hart to go along with Rickie Weeks and Casey McGehee, closer John Axford and setup man Zach Braddock.

"They've got some really good offense on the team and they seem to have like an attitude about them, and I kind of like that," said Greinke, who liked the swagger of former Brewers catcher Jason Kendall. "He was great for our team. I'm assuming that he got some of his attitude from being in this organization."

Fielder is eligible to become a free agent after the season. General manager Doug Melvin is content to keep the slugging first baseman for 2010. Fielder's agent, Scott Boras, encourages clients to become free agents to maximize value before signing.

Zack Greinke likes Milwaukee Brewers' attitude, eyes playoffs - ESPN

Dan Uggla signed a 5 yr, $ 62 Million deal with the Braves ...... Really ...

He is the most productive 2nd basemen in decades....but I would not give him a 5th year....The Marlins offered 4 years $50 million. I would not be surprised if the 1st 4 years are guaranteed....

He is the most productive 2nd basemen in decades....but I would not give him a 5th year....The Marlins offered 4 years $50 million. I would not be surprised if the 1st 4 years are guaranteed....

THIS is the statement that doesn't make any sense. If the Braves signed him to a contract extension, it's absolutely guaranteed per the CBA.

There is no way it cannot be guaranteed.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)