2010-11 NBA Basketball Season

Michael didn't have as much wear late in his career as Kobe did. Hell, Michael took time off from basketball.
"Soft" numbers? Numbers cannot be soft. Bynum is a glorified role player and nothing more. That does not make him soft. Having knee problems doesn't make you a soft player either. It isn't like he is being injured by another player - he is being injured most of the time from hard falls because he is putting in the effort.
I don't care that you covered the Bulls in the 90s, because if you did, you would realize that Phil never says anything without there being a spin on it. You think Phil said the Lakers can't win 70 games but the Heat can just to say that it is what he truly believes? No, it isn't what he believes. He said it to motivate his guys. When he is asked a question about the Heat, something that he could care less about, he is going to just give a politically correct response and move on. Phil could care less what is going on with that team, and his comments show it. He gave a half-assed comment on the situation. Phil is the zen master because of his mind tricks on the opposition, his own team, and yes, THE MEDIA.
BTW, the Heat lost two in a row. Do you remember what Wade said about losing a few games in a row?
This team is all talk and no performance. The roster is way too thin, it is a terribly put together ball club. You can have 3 individual talents, but none of them know how to play together, nor will they learn how to play together, because they have no role players or veteran leadership.

BTW, soft player usually refers to someone that is scared of contact and playing physically. That is why Pau was called soft in the 08 Finals, because he was intimidated and abused by KG. Kinda like what is happening to Bosh and whatever other YMCA big man the Heat bring in(because Spo is too stupid to start Z. Although Z is washed up and can't play defense well, he is still better than the other guys.)

What you know of MJ is so little. He played 11 seasons with 78 or more.....in 9 of those, he played ALL 82. Kobe has played more than 78 games 5 times...playing all 82 only 3 times....yeah..."Kobe has more wear and tear....".

Again, I know I have been around Phil Jackson enough to know he means and I will stick MY version.

;-)

From my Vibrant using Tapatalk.....

Rondo has only ten assists with a minute left in the third period. If he finishes with fourteen tonight, his per game average goes down.

Tony Allen's 21 minutes against the Celtics tonight was only the second time this season that he has played more than 14. His minutes per game average this season is over 4 minutes a game fewer than his career average with the Celtics, he had two DNP coach's decision in the last week, and his coach recently announced that Allen's role will be diminished under their latest rotation. Allen signed for just $3,000,000 a year, an amount that the Celtics certainly would have matched. While I thought it made sense for Allen to move on, so far it looks like he has not found a situation in which he will have an opportiunity to flourish.

Tony Allen's 21 minutes against the Celtics tonight was only the second time this season that he has played more than 14. His minutes per game average this season is over 4 minutes a game fewer than his career average with the Celtics, he had two DNP coach's decision in the last week, and his coach recently announced that Allen's role will be diminished under their latest rotation. Allen signed for just $3,000,000 a year, an amount that the Celtics certainly would have matched. While I thought it made sense for Allen to move on, so far it looks like he has not found a situation in which he will have an opportiunity to flourish.
IMO, injuries kept Tony Allen from being a very good player with the Celtics. He showed flashes of brilliance in his rookie year (2004-05).

It was that season that I became very excited with the Celtics future,with young players like T.A., Delonte West, Marcus Banks, Kendrick Perkins, Al Jefferson and Ryan Gomes.

Unfortunately, the C's hit rock bottom again a couple of years later, but then came Big Three II!

The Jazz completed one of the most impressive road trips in recent memory tonight.

Not only did they sweep their odyssey through the Southeast- winning four games in five nights- they won all four games coming back from double digit deficits (including trailing Charlotte by 19 tonight).

... in ...2004-05... I became very excited with the Celtics future,with young players like T.A., Delonte West, Marcus Banks, Kendrick Perkins, Al Jefferson and Ryan Gomes.

I didn't. Five of those six players were destined to be bench players. One striking thing about Ryan Gomes and Delonte West is that, in their rookie years, I never saw either of them screw up. They came into the NBA as finished products, and while that is nice, it also means that they have no upside. When you start a Delonte West, or a Kedrick Perkins or a Ryan Gomes, you will be at a talent disadvantage at those positions more nights than not. Gomes was a great pick at #50. If you held that draft over, he might move up 20 or more picks.

watta night for the Suns, twenty two 3 pointers made.. NBA 2nd's all-time best.

500x_heatfanup_01.jpg

The Celtics announced that Jermaine O'Neal will miss 2-3 weeks with a sore left knee. The good news is an MRI showed no damage.

Crying all the way to the bank

Sports forum participation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts