2010-11 NBA Basketball Season

OK Bill, who's getting more buzz in Marathon city this week? The B's or the C's?

Sandra
I think the Bruins are, but only because this area is starved for a Stanley Cup. Boston has always been baseball first, but if the B's go deep into the playoffs (and God willing win it all :eek:) this region will put the Sox, Celtics and Pats draft on the backburner. :)

BTW Sandra, we came thisclose to a twin Garden Party (C's-Knicks, B's-Rangers).

With the history of the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry, and more recently Jets-Pats, that would have been fun!! :D

BTW Sandra, we came thisclose to a twin Garden Party (C's-Knicks, B's-Rangers).

With the history of the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry, and more recently Jets-Pats, that would have been fun!! :D

Wow great point Bill...never thought of that! We need to start picking on a different city...for the most part this rivalry isn't working out for us!

Sandra

Last edited:
I'd like to believe the C's are playing opossum like last year. I didn't give them a chance in hell to get out of the second round last year (after going 17-17 to end the regular season), and then they come within 6 minutes of winning the championship.

BUT if I told you I believe the same thing is happening this year, I'm afraid my nose would go through this laptop!

This is one of the main reason I believe teams that CAN go deep in the playoffs, are not so worried about the top 2 seeds. I am under the impression that teams like Boston and the Lakers are VERY confident that they know they can win on the road and resting older bones is more important to them than having a 2 seed.

This is one of the main reason I believe teams that CAN go deep in the playoffs, are not so worried about the top 2 seeds. I am under the impression that teams like Boston and the Lakers are VERY confident that they know they can win on the road and resting older bones is more important to them than having a 2 seed.

Very true, Salsa. I have a feeling this year's playoffs will be more wide open then ever.

Two teams to look out for that very few are talking about: Dallas and especially Oklahoma City.

Very true, Salsa. I have a feeling this year's playoffs will be more wide open then ever.

Two teams to look out for that very few are talking about: Dallas and especially Oklahoma City.

When I saw OKC get Perkins, toughness they DESPERATELY needed(not me, NO ONE set better hard, clean picks in the league than he did)... I picked them to be the WEST representative. I still like the HEAT. I think the moment a middle of the road offense like Chicago meets a good defensive team like Boston or Miami and they are forced to score in 7 games...they are in trouble. They are this years 2009-2010 Cleveland Cavaliers....all offensively dependent on one player.

But that is my two cents...

It's kinda funny that an NBA team can rest pretty much their entire lineup and nobody bats an eyelash, but when it happens in the NFL there is endless debate about it. There is one big reason...it start with M and ends with Y and there is one thing in the middle.

Between fantasy football, weekly office pools, suicide pools, straight wagering and probably a whole bunch of other things I'm not aware of...I think pretty much everyone not named Sandra has some kind of financial stake in every NFL game.

No wonder it's so popular!

Sandra

If LeBron James' move to Miami made him a villain to some, fans like dressing as a bad guy.

James had the top-selling jersey in the NBA this season, moving past Kobe Bryant to claim the No. 1 spot for the first time since his rookie season in Cleveland in 2004.

Bryant dropped to No. 2 on the list announced Wednesday, while Rajon Rondo moved up to third, one of five Boston Celtics among the top 15.

LeBron James passes Kobe Bryant for No. 1 in jersey sales - ESPN

Well who doesn't have a Kobe jersey that intended to buy one? No one had a LBJ Miami jersey before this season, so it really isn't surprising. I'd expect Derrick Rose to be near the top next season

exactly...

If there were 50 balls in there with 1 for each other team and the Wolfies get the rest they'd STILL not get the #1 pick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)