2010-11 NBA Basketball Season

I don't think it matters who the regular season MVP is. When was the last time the MVP was on the same team that won the NBA Championship? The two never seem to happen in the same year...

Yeah, I totally agree. I didn't care if CC Sabathia was going to win the Cy Young last year or not, I don't care if Derek Stepan wins the NHL Calder Trophy for rookie of the year, I don't care if Lundqvist wins the Vezina Trophy for top goalie, and I did not care when Amare' was being mentioned in the MVP race earlier in the year, etc.

Give me championships...those trophies take attention away from the real goal.

Sandra

I am very confident in this team....they, ESPECIALLY Lebron, looks like they "get it" now. All I am gonna saying is, in every single game, the Heat will have 2 of the 5 best players on the floor playing for the same team....WITH deep playoff experience. How many teams can say that?;)

No they don't.

You feel bad for the Cavs franchise and all it has gone through, but last night...two classless things came from that franchise: (1) Austin Carr, from the Cavs announcing team called Chris Bosh, "RuPaul" during the game and (2) the owner Dan Gilbert, before Tuesday night's game, denying Lebron and his entourage access(which he had EVERY RIGHT to do so) to the private garage under Quicken Loans arena.... but had to tweet, "Not in our garage!!"

How old is he again?:rolleyes:

You would NEVER see Micky Arinson do that. But I guess there is a difference in age....and maturity.:rolleyes:

You feel bad for the Cavs franchise and all it has gone through, but last night...two classless things came from that franchise: (1) Austin Carr, from the Cavs announcing team called Chris Bosh, "RuPaul" during the game and (2) the owner Dan Gilbert, before Tuesday night's game, denying Lebron and his entourage access(which he had EVERY RIGHT to do so) to the private garage under Quicken Loans arena.... but had to tweet, "Not in our garage!!"

How old is he again?:rolleyes:

You would NEVER see Micky Arinson do that. But I guess there is a difference in age....and maturity.:rolleyes:

I guess everyone is entitled to THEIR opinion.... LOL!

Sandra

Last edited:
They are.... But sometimes, it's funny how classless comments and "opinion" can go hand-in-hand.

Ok, let's not go there. Know that saying if you point the finger at someone you have 3 pointing back at you.

They are.... But sometimes, it's funny how classless comments and "opinion" can go hand-in-hand.

'Classless' is in the eye of the beholder. You can call Cavs announcers classless, and that's your opinion. A lot of people think Lebron and the Heat were classless, and that's their opinion.

And as you always say, EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion. ;)

Sandra

Last edited:
SandraC said:
'Classless' is in the eye of the beholder. You can call Cavs announcers classless, and that's your opinion. A lot of people think Lebron and the Heat were classless, and that's their opinion.

And as you always say, EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion. ;)

Sandra

It is one thing to talk about a player's game... It's another to publicly call them out and say he looks like a tranny...especially when he is an announcer.

But hey...you are right, that piece of sh#@ that called him that IS entitled to his f%&#ed-up opinion. ;-)

Wow...that was fun and liberating.... LMAO!

It is one thing to talk about a player's game... It's another to publicly call them out and say he looks like a tranny...especially when he is an announcer.

But hey...you are right, that piece of sh#@ that called him that IS entitled to his f%&#ed-up opinion. ;-)

Wow...that was fun and liberating.... LMAO!

And everyone is entitled to have their own f%&#ed-up opinion about what they think is someone else's f%&#ed-up opinion.

See how that works? ;)

Sandra

Last edited:
And if you would have said here, I would not had an issue with it...but when announcer states this during a game....kind of "personal opinion"... and it's classless.

Actually, a few years back, it was Shaq who labelled Bosh the "RuPaul of the NBA" back when he sported his dreds. Ausitn Carr was just having fun. Sticks and stones.

And if you would have said here, I would not had an issue with it...but when announcer states this during a game....kind of "personal opinion"... and it's classless.

And if you would've listened to the actual context of the conversation, it was during a break in action where they were talking about Bosh's sense of humor. Funny you let 2 days pass before bringing this up. Or are you just running with a ridiculous story because the media is making something of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
And if you would've listened to the actual context of the conversation, it was during a break in action where they were talking about Bosh's sense of humor. Funny you let 2 days pass before bringing this up. Or are you just running with a ridiculous story because the media is making something of it?

I watched the game through a website at work and the only unfortunate feed i could get was either the spanish version from spain or the english version from Cleveland. I chose the latter because the spanish version was something I was not used to and after 10 minutes of it, I went to the Cavs version.

....yeah, "oh yeah, Ru-Paul's look alike.....". Yeah, it was taken out of context.....:rolleyes:

The douche bag his opinion and I will defend him to say....free country....but a classless nozzle...and that is mine...regardless how f***ed-up it may be....:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Celtics have the toughest remaining schedule of the tp teams, including four games against strong teams and two with .500 teams NY any Philly. Realistically, they will be in a bracket that gives home court advantage to Miami and Chicago and the eventual West conference champs.

AntAltMike said:
Celtics have the toughest remaining schedule of the tp teams, including four games against strong teams and two with .500 teams NY any Philly. Realistically, they will be in a bracket that gives home court advantage to Miami and Chicago and the eventual West conference champs.

They do have a very tough stretch. But because they still some nagging injuries....they will be on cruise control.

Jermaine returns tonight, Shaq Sunday or Monday. If they play effectively in the playoffs, Danny Ainge will deserve the GM of the Year award.

Jermaine returns tonight....

...and they needed him. Jermaine played 11 very effective minutes. The Celts, trailing by 1 in the middle of the fourth quarter, outscored San Antonia 14-3 down the stretch, in spite of the fact that Big Baby Daviis was forced to guard Tim Duncan and couldn't stop him at all.

The announcer mentioned after the game was over that Kristic might be out for a while but I had dozed during the game and don't know what happened to him. The Celtics are having the same kind of luck with their bigs that the Red Sox had with their starting pitching last year. The Celtics have lost Shaq and Jermaine for most of the season, Troy Murphy has missed the last four games due to a sprained ankle, and I just read that one reason that Erdin was cast off is that he had gotten seriously beaten up and might not have been serviceable for the remainder of the season. Erdin has only played in one game since the Cavs acquired him and might not play again this season.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)