2010-11 NBA Basketball Season

I tuned in for about 2 seconds of the All-Star game last night. I still don't even know who won, nor do I care.

I have just one comment: Were those not the ugliest jersey's ever or what? Red with gold leaf trim? Blue with shiny silver trim? My gawd those were gaudy!

This does NOT look good for Knick fans....

..Hell, I have friends that are HUGE Knicks fans and when I mentioned this to them and they read it, they said they were THROUGH with being a Knick fan.:eek::(

Thomas’ influence grows within Knicks

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports Feb 20, 4:42 am EST

LOS ANGELES – The thin veil of secrecy has torn away now, the pretenses gone and Isiah Thomas has left the shadows and moved into the light again. Once more, he is the New York Knicks’ top basketball executive.

Thomas is driving everything through owner James Dolan – the trade for Carmelo Anthony(notes), the departure of Donnie Walsh and perhaps even the eventual hiring of the New York Knicks’ next president and general manager, multiple league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

“Isiah is calling the shots for New York,” said one front-office executive with knowledge of the Anthony trade talks. “It’s a disgrace. Donnie should walk.”
More From Adrian Wojnarowski

Thomas wouldn’t blink. After all, that’s his plan: He wants Walsh to leave out of sheer frustration because of Thomas’ meddling, or because Dolan doesn’t pick up the option on his contract in April. For a franchise with a history of inexplicable dysfunction, even this is an episode for the Madison Square Garden time capsule.

Dolan has overruled Walsh in these trade talks and undermined his authority. Walsh has never wanted to give away Raymond Felton(notes) for an aging Chauncey Billups(notes) and throw Danilo Gallinari(notes) into the package, too. This is all Isiah, all his influence.

Thomas doesn’t believe Dolan is inclined to give him his job back, but it almost doesn’t matter anymore. In a moment of truth for this Knicks franchise, in the biggest trade they’ve tried to make in years, Isiah Thomas, the coach of Florida International University, has emerged as the de facto GM.

Eventually, Anthony will likely end up with the Knicks, and Thomas plans to take full credit with Dolan for delivering him. He’s worn out Dolan with the idea that Walsh is too old to recruit the biggest stars to New York, that he can’t connect with them. This is complete nonsense. What sells New York isn’t the GM, but cap space, the Garden and a magnificent teammate and leader like Amar’e Stoudemire(notes). Thomas is forever selling revisionist history and out-and-out lies to an audience of one: Dolan.

For months, Thomas has privately insisted that Walsh was done with the Knicks this spring. His option must be exercised by April 30 and that still hasn’t happened. Thomas believes it’s never happening, and believes he can install a puppet regime through Dolan to replace Walsh. This way he can eliminate the middleman. “He wants his own guy in that office, someone he can have some control over,” a league source said.

Thomas had a plan to run the Knicks again, and it failed a year ago: When Dolan pushed Walsh to bring back the disgraced executive as the Knicks general manager, Walsh reacted with the threat of resignation. This was pure lunacy, a plan hatched out of the incompetence of Dolan, out of the deviousness of Thomas.

The NBA rejected a compromise to let Thomas serve as a Knicks consultant and the coach of FIU. Dolan insisted he would keep conferring with Thomas, and he told the truth. Only now, he listens more to Thomas than he does Walsh.

Thomas has pushed Dolan to let Walsh’s contract expire on June 30 and hire a new executive to run the Knicks. Thomas plans to furnish Dolan with candidates, a source said. He thinks he can get a candidate hired from the outside, but there will be a brawl inside before that happens.

The fight for power could come between Thomas and William Wesley – Worldwide Wes. He’s an agent for CAA, the powerbroker agency connected as a rep of star players, executives and coaches. He pushed for Mark Warkentien’s hiring as a high-level consultant to Walsh, has strong ties to Knicks assistant GM Allan Houston(notes) and he’s one of the main reps for Anthony and 2012 free agent Chris Paul(notes). It’s against NBA rules to rep players and coaches, but commissioner David Stern picks and chooses the rules he enforces. He lets Worldwide Wes travel with his Olympic teams, gain access to stars, steal them away and broker them to the commissioner’s market franchises.

Thomas’ influence grows within Knicks - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Last edited:
Reactions?

The East has gotten more star power. Will the Knicks be like Miami though? Ie. a few stars, limited role players, lack of team to win it all?

They don't have enough to win it all this year for sure.

Miami doesn't have enough "team" to win it all? 29 teams won't win it all. Play the playoffs, over and any one of the teams that make the conference finals could win it all, and then we can pronounce upon how the teams that didn't win it didn't have enough to win it all.. Miami looks as good as anybody right now. As soon as the 35 year old Celtic veterans get beaten to a few loose balls at the end of long, hard fought games, people here can explain that they didn't have enough young players to win it all.

Miami doesn't have enough "team" to win it all? 29 teams won't win it all. Play the playoffs, over and any one of the teams that make the conference finals could win it all, and then we can pronounce upon how the teams that didn't win it didn't have enough to win it all.. Miami looks as good as anybody right now. As soon as the 35 year old Celtic veterans get beaten to a few loose balls at the end of long, hard fought games, people here can explain that they didn't have enough young players to win it all.

Good point!

Cavs trade Mo Williams and Jamario Moon for Baron Davis and 2011 first round draft pick.

First off, Mo Williams will be missed. He was a fan favorite. Cleveland thanks him for his services. With that said, this trade should help the Cavs re-build quicker. The Clippers pick should be a lottery selection, meaning the Cavs will have two lottery selections next year. Baron Davis has only this and next year left on his contract, so I'm not expecting him to be in the Cavs long term plans. Overall, good business move....

Baron Davis Traded To Cavaliers For Mo Williams And Jamario Moon - SBNation.com

Cavs trade Mo Williams and Jamario Moon for Baron Davis and 2011 first round draft pick.

First off, Mo Williams will be missed. He was a fan favorite. Cleveland thanks him for his services. With that said, this trade should help the Cavs re-build quicker. The Clippers pick should be a lottery selection, meaning the Cavs will have two lottery selections next year. Baron Davis has only this and next year left on his contract, so I'm not expecting him to be in the Cavs long term plans. Overall, good business move....

Baron Davis Traded To Cavaliers For Mo Williams And Jamario Moon - SBNation.com

I think it was a good move. Hopefully, Davis, will be in the mood to play. When he wants to play, I would consider him one of the top point guards in the game....I would say top ten.

When Baron Davis gets everyone involved in the offense he's a very good point guard. When he doesn't he gets traded.

Sandra

When Baron Davis gets everyone involved in the offense he's a very good point guard. When he doesn't he gets traded.

Sandra

It was a money move. Baron Davis WAS getting players involved and according to reports I heard down here, coaches AND players liked how well he was playing. They still owed Davis a TON of money for this year(approx. $13 million) and $14 million over the next 2 seasons. This move was all about financial flexibility and nothing else.

Davis is still owed nearly $28 million over the next two seasons and the balance of his $13 million contract this year. Moon's contract expires after this season. Williams is owed the balance of his $9.3 million salary this season and, with player options of $8.5 million for each of the next two years, potentially could get out of his contract altogether. The savings should give the Clippers more flexibility in free agency the next two seasons.

Los Angeles Clippers trade Baron Davis to Cleveland Cavaliers for Mo Williams - ESPN Los Angeles

It was a money move. Baron Davis WAS getting players involved and according to reports I heard down here, coaches AND players liked how well he was playing. They still owed Davis a TON of money for this year(approx. $13 million) and $14 million over the next 2 seasons. This move was all about financial flexibility and nothing else.

And don't forget how sly it was of Cleveland to sit and wait until the Anthony and Williams moves played out before they swooped in and picked up Baron Davis when nobody was looking!

Sandra

Pistons today allegedly have a group of players who are "sick" and miss shoot around, rumor is its a rebel against the coach. I would hope that the fans would call in sick and not spend there hard earned money on this team of quitters

Knicks over Heat.. good game til the end
disappointing for the heat. and the games coming up are gonna be hell. these games ahead will prove how good or bad miami is. so far miami is proving the predictions i made before the season started correct. :(
i don't want to be right

Crying all the way to the bank

Sports forum participation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts