2010-11 NCAA College Basketball

Watchable games tonight:

7:00 PM Robert Morris-West Virginina FS Pittsburgh, MASN, Altitude 2, ESPN Full Court
7:00 PM Kansas-Memphis ESPN (New York, NY)
9:00 PM Suracuse-Michigan State ESPN (New York, NY)

Enjoy!

Sandra

WOW! The 'Cuse with a statement game last night that they are for real. Great win of Michigan State.

This was a very encouraging comment:

This game wasn't close. Syracuse dominated points in the paint (42-24) as Rick Jackson was superb inside with 17 points and 16 boards. Scoop Jardine took care of the perimeter advantage with a game-high 19 points. Syracuse's zone was active and disruptive and the Spartans looked lost offensively.

And what smarted Michigan State coach Tom Izzo more than anything, what made him feel embarrassed and disappointed, was how much Syracuse dominated the hustle and hard-work plays.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...520/balanced-cuse-yet-another-big-east-threat

Syracuse may very well turn out to be a very good team, but take last night's victory with a grain of salt. That Michigan State team has been playing difficult teams all over the country, and came into this game exhausted...and played like it.

Sandra

Watchable games tonight:

7:00 PM BYU-Vermont CBS College Sports (Glens Falls, NY)
9:00 PM Vanderbilt-Missouri ESPN U
9:30 PM Kentucky-Notre Dame ESPN (Louisville, KY)
10:30 PM San Diego State-California Comcast Sportsnet California

Enjoy!

Sandra

Yep, that 74-39 win over winless Bowling Green really took it out of them.

Next excuse is? :D

Michigan State has been traveling all over the country including Maui, and have already played UConn, UWash, and DukeU. That'a a lot to do before the first week of December. Conversely, in typical Boeheim fashion Serracuss has played all of their games at home, save for an easy tournament in Atlantic City. MState was the first ranked team the Orange have played, and playing at the Garden is a virtual home game for them.

Not making excuses as I'm a Big East basketball fan before Big Ten, I always root for the Boeheimers at the time of year when HD starts paying attention, and I think the cold crew's zone defense has always been a thing of beauty.

But nobody should get too giddy about that victory. ;)

Sandra

Last edited:
I am glad to see Kentucky bounce back and win last night. Hanborough is going to be one player that will need to be guarded tight when he is around that 3-point line. In the first half he made 5. I don't know what happened in the second half because I couldn't stay up and watch it.

Michigan State has been traveling all over the country including Maui, and have already played UConn, UWash, and DukeU. That'a a lot to do before the first week of December. Conversely, in typical Boeheim fashion Serracuss has played all of their games at home, save for an easy tournament in Atlantic City. MState was the first ranked team the Orange have played, and playing at the Garden is a virtual home game for them.

Not making excuses as I'm a Big East basketball fan before Big Ten, I always root for the Boeheimers at the time of year when HD starts paying attention, and I think the cold crew's zone defense has always been a thing of beauty.

But nobody should get too giddy about that victory. ;)

Sandra

They stayed in Hawaii for a tournament....Went to Duke on the east coast, then north to NYC. They stated that very few teams practice that much against the zone defense that the 'Cuse uses and when they do, they do for about a day before the actual game.

They stayed in Hawaii for a tournament....Went to Duke on the east coast, then north to NYC. They stated that very few teams practice that much against the zone defense that the 'Cuse uses and when they do, they do for about a day before the actual game.

Exactly. That's an awful lot of traveling so early in the season, before conditioning has kicked in. A lot different from one trip to AC. And that's also a valid point about the Orange zone, it's different than the 2-3 other teams use. I can give you a primer on it if you like... ;) :D

Sandra

Exactly. That's an awful lot of traveling so early in the season, before conditioning has kicked in. A lot different from one trip to AC. And that's also a valid point about the Orange zone, it's different than the 2-3 other teams use. I can give you a primer on it if you like... ;) :D

Sandra

nah.... no worries.;)

Watchable games tonight:

7:00 PM Kent State-Florida ESPN 2
7:00 PM IUPUI-Ohio State Big Ten Network
9:00 PM Georgetown-Temple ESPN

Enjoy!

Sandra

No way lol...but I seriously do have a good understanding of the Serracuss 2-3. The concepts are unlike any other in college basketball...except of course those who are trying to emulate it.

Sandra

The 'Cuse is my favorite college basketball team. I have been watching them since the days of Dwayne "Pearl" Washington.... i know it well.

The 'Cuse is my favorite college basketball team. I have been watching them since the days of Dwayne "Pearl" Washington.... i know it well.

kay...I love that zone...there aren't many who are able to discuss it in detail. What do you think of the concepts, and how it differs from other 2-3's?

Sandra

kay...I love that zone...there aren't many who are able to discuss it in detail. What do you think of the concepts, and how it differs from other 2-3's?

Sandra

The MAIN concept that no one seems to grab is that the 'Cuses zone moves with the ball and forces teams to move east to west instead of north and south. When that happens, when effective, you will see the zone move closer and closer to mid court and and closer and closer to forcing ta trap on the wings. No when it does NOT work, as it moves closer to midcourt, it also open the zone under the basket so you can go over the top.

The MAIN concept that no one seems to grab is that the 'Cuses zone moves with the ball and forces teams to move east to west instead of north and south. When that happens, when effective, you will see the zone move closer and closer to mid court and and closer and closer to forcing ta trap on the wings. No when it does NOT work, as it moves closer to midcourt, it also open the zone under the basket so you can go over the top.

And then you have coaches like Pitino who love to coach against it, they show their teams how to break it and do so quite successfully. Its not like its the perfect defense, otherwise their record would never be beaten. There are lots
out there that have been equally as successful.

For the record, while I think the Cuse is a good team and fun to watch, their BE records for the last few years are:

2005-6 7-9
2006-7 10-6
2007-8 9-9
2008-9 11-7
2009-10 15-3

Looks like some of the BE teams don;t run screaming into the night at the defense, they would rather stay and beat it. :)

Miguel Cabrera faces DUI charge

Time to go Random again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)