2010-11 NFL Season

AFC South, AFC West and NFC West...............all of these divisions are separated by two games, top to bottom.

My Raiders and KC are tied for 1st place at 5-4. Actually, the RAIDERS are in 1st place because they own the tie breaker!

I just crapped in my pants..... 10 weeks into the season, the Raiders are in 1st place!:eek::eek:

A few tidbits going into tonight's huge Patriots-Steelers game:

***Since 1994, the Patriots lead the NFL with 189 victories, the Steelers are second with 181.

***The Pats have won four of the last five at Heinz Field (including two AFC Championship Games). Their only loss was the Halloween 2004 drubbing that ended the Pats 18 game regular season winning streak.

*** Tom Brady is 5-1 all-time against the Steelers

I don't expect much from the Steeler's tonight ..... too many injuries.
Offensive line has only one player I think playing the position he's suppose to be playing.
Smith and Keisel out on the D side of things.
Steelers are a mess with injuries, thou no one seems to mention it. (media)

Well, they had a long streak a few years back, I didn't know they were doing it again.
Then again watching some of thier game today, they played very UNINSPIRED ball.

They actually made Buffalo look decent.

I really thought teh Lions would win this game by at least 7, then again, had Stafford been healthy enough to play they may have a few more wins.
They REALLY miss that guy.

Well....I was hopin' that the Steelers would win so next week they would not be pissed...hoping they would take the Raiders lightly....but they will be pissed and that much more tougher.

I hear you there should be a good matchup steelers raiders. I got mcfadden and ward (hopefully he's ready to go for next week)! We'll get the Pats next time, when it counts! ;)

salsadancer7 said:
Well....I was hopin' that the Steelers would win so next week they would not be pissed...hoping they would take the Raiders lightly....but they will be pissed and that much more tougher.

I always hate when the team you are playing lost the week before, unless it's a division rival.

Btw, Richard Seymour owns the Steeler O-line.

I always hate when the team you are playing lost the week before, unless it's a division rival.

Btw, Richard Seymour owns the Steeler O-line.

I HOPE SO. I think next week will be MORE important for the Raiders than for the Steelers. I just want the entire Raiders healthy for next week against the Steelers.

The Brown and Orange Report

Tough,tough, extremely tough loss for my Browns yesterday!

We had that game won several times before giving it away multiple times. In the end, we just couldn't make a game changing play. Instead, we made mistakes or just came up short during crucial parts of the game.

On multiple 3rd and longs, we had Sanchez "in the grass" for a loss, only for him to somehow escape and turn it into a chain moving 3rd down conversion that lead to scores. Other times we dropped interceptions that were right in our hands. On the opposite side of the field, we had multiple drives to the redzone, only to settle for field goals.

I do want to point out the amazing poise shown by Colt McCoy in yesterday's game. Even though the Jets controlled the time of possession for most of the game, the Browns had the ball, down by 7 with time expiring in the 4th. Colt rallied the troops down the field and for a TD, sending the game to OT. Then, in OT, he lead the team down the field on another drive that looked promising that could've won them the game until Chansi Stuckey fumbled. Ugh!

Win, lose or draw, this kid has impressed the hell out of me. He doesn't play like a rookie at all. He makes smart decisions and is a leader. Even in the locker room following the game, he refused to blame anyone when asked. He didn't blame Stuckey or Eric Wright (terrible CB who's blown coverage has hurt this team all year long) when pressured by the media. Instead, he accepted all the blame and said he could and will have to do more next time. Now, that is a leader. That is someone who the team can rally around. He absorbed the blame despite it not being his fault. That's what leaders do.

I'm absolutely gushing about this kid today!

PS. There's something to be said about a Rookie who outplays Drew Brees, Tom Brady and Mark Sanchez in 3 of his first 4 career starts. Give this guy a few weapons and let's really see what he's made of! Despite the loss, I'm taking a positive stand today. I love the direction this team is heading!

Last edited:
PS. There's something to be said about a Rookie who outplays Drew Brees, Tom Brady and Mark Sanchez in 3 of his first 4 career starts. Give this guy a few weapons and let's really see what he's made of! Despite the loss, I'm taking a positive stand today. I love the direction this team is heading!
Think how much fun we've had in the Big-12 watching McCoy and Bradford pick defenses apart for the last few years. There's another crop of good QB's coming out of the Big-12 this year too, but I think I'd pick Kellen Moore from Boise State over anybody. That guy's gonna make some money when he comes out for the draft.

And there is also something to be said about a second year player who is mentioned in the same breath as Drew Brees and Tom Brady. WOW! Great endorsement for Mark Sanchez. :up :)

Sandra

And there is also something to be said about a second year player who is mentioned in the same breath as Drew Brees and Tom Brady. WOW! Great endorsement for Mark Sanchez. :up :)

Sandra

With all due respect sweetheart, if Brady or Brees had the defense and run game that Sanchez has, they'd be unbeatable. Sanchez is reaping the rewards of being in a good system. Colt McCoy is doing it on his own basically. I'm pretty sure we might just have the worst receiving core ever assembled.

With all due respect sweetheart, if Brady or Brees had the defense and run game that Sanchez has, they'd be unbeatable. Sanchez is reaping the rewards of being in a good system. Colt McCoy is doing it on his own basically. I'm pretty sure we might just have the worst receiving core ever assembled.

With all due respect sweetheart, YOU were the one who mentioned Sanchez with Brees and Brady, not me. I am on record here as saying I'm still on the fence regarding Sanchez. He's doing pretty good for a second year QB, but that's as far as I'll go right now.

But I do have to admit he's gone a long way from being compared to Jamarcus Russell in his first year to Drew Brees and Tom Brady in his second. ;)

Sandra

The Chargers begin their annual climb to the AFC West Championship at 4-5.

Coming up:
Denver (win)
at Indianapolis (loss)
Oakland (win)
Kansas City (win)
San Francisco (win)
at Cincinnati (win)
at Denver (loss)

Finish the season at 9-7 to win the division. :):)

We might have something to say about that. Feeling our Wheaties after the game yesterday!! :D (The REAL Chiefs showed up) I think the Monday night game will determine a lot for both teams. (Cuz' you know Oakland's a fluke too!) ;)

Yeah, Jamarcus had a wonderful second season as a starter. 11 interceptions, 3 TD's, a 2-7 record and he lost his job. Led to him getting released. He was A MAIN REASON they were a crappy team. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts