2010 FIFA WORLD CUP

Personally, the vuvuzelas don't bother me but I can understand how the noise can be annoying to the audience and the players too.

I think FIFA has a more serious issue with that ball. It's too fast and when it bounces, it bounces high and fast. Very difficult for the players on the field to control, let alone the goalkeepers. :)

Well they sell them for $11.00 each and their cost is $1.00 ea, so looks like the vuvuzelas are here to stay..

Brazil one goal?? North Korea playing good that's why

So far, only 23 goals have been scored in 5 days of World Cup action.

By contrast, there were 47 goals scored in the Stanley Cup Finals.

This severe lack of scoring is a big reason why I can't truly embrace soccer as a favorite sport of mine.

So far, only 23 goals have been scored in 5 days of World Cup action.

By contrast, there were 47 goals scored in the Stanley Cup Finals.

This severe lack of scoring is a big reason why I can't truly embrace soccer as a favorite sport of mine.
Fair enough, but the comparison leaves a little to be desired since you are comparing a sport played on a field whose optimum size is 120 yards by 75 yards with a sport played in an area 200 ft by 85 ft enclosed by dasher boards. I remember the heydays of the old MISL (1978-92) when indoor soccer games had scores similar, if not higher than hockey games. Now they were a lot of fun to watch. Traditional soccer fans will probably now berate me for bringing up indoor soccer in a World Cup forum.

Dutch Women Detained At World Cup For Wearing Orange Dresses

Thirty-six female fans were ejected from Holland's World Cup match against Denmark and interrogated for hours for allegedly wearing orange dresses to illegally promote Bavaria beer.

500x_102098710.jpg

Dutch Women Detained At World Cup For Wearing Orange Dresses

Busia burial abandoned over Ghana game

THERE was chaos in Busia ( Uganda) on Sunday when mourners abandoned a burial to watch the World Cup football match between Ghana and Serbia. :eek: Read more......

They have shown the world how Devoted and Loyal they're to the sport of Football (soccer)!!!:D

Can I ask for there to be no spoilers in the thread, please?

Or is that too much for a thread like this, don't know.......

Or is it best just to stay out of the thread? Protocol anyone?

I don't mind. My suggestion is to stay out of the thread though, somebody will post a comment about the score. :)

Can I ask for there to be no spoilers in the thread, please?

Or is that too much for a thread like this, don't know.......

Or is it best just to stay out of the thread? Protocol anyone?

I like to watch games with my fiance', so I record a game and we watch it at night when there is no basketball. I've been staying out of this thread, I think it's difficult to ask people to post in a thread but not be allowed to comment on games.

Sandra

Four years ago I had ExpressVu and watched all of the matches on TSN. I have since bought a house, had a kid, and dropped EVu (now Bell). I was dreading having to watch Disney's coverage, but it's been great! I am so happy that they are finally doing this right.

I don't have enough time at night to watch these games recorded, so I've been trying to watch them live at the office on espn3. I missed the first half of Switzerland/Spain yesterday as people kept wanting me to do my job. :mad:

Looks like I will have a quiet rest of the week. :D

I like to watch games with my fiance', so I record a game and we watch it at night when there is no basketball. I've been staying out of this thread, I think it's difficult to ask people to post in a thread but not be allowed to comment on games.

Sandra

Agreed. That's a silly request. If you don't want information on a game that's already happened, stay away from sports sites, forums, tv's and radios. It's as simple as that.

Agreed. That's a silly request. If you don't want information on a game that's already happened, stay away from sports sites, forums, tv's and radios. It's as simple as that.

It's not a silly request at all. Some of us actually work during the day and can only watch the matches at night after we get home.

And yes, I do stay away from results wherever I know they may be before I watch the match.

It is possible to discuss a game without posting results, or only coming on to post the results, with absolutely no discussion. That said, I'll know not to expect that here.....

Mexico made France look like the magic did to the cavs
last year

Mexico 2
France 0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)