2010 NBA Free Agency Thread

But LeBron, Wade and Bosh SHOULD make the others even better (at least in theory).

I hate to admit it, but the Heat are starting to remind me of the '07-'08 Celtics. Sure they added HOF players in Garnett and Allen to Pierce, but it was the additions of James Posey, Eddie House, Big Baby Davis and P.J. Brown, and the development of Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins and Leon Powe that pushed that team over the top, IMHO.

Statiscally they have AND you arguably, the two best players in the league on the same team. You heard in here CONSTANTLY that Lebron would elevate "any team" to instant contender status even without Wade...well now he has Wade AND Bosh. The year the Celtics won in 2008, their 3 headed monster averaged around 56 points per game, but only ONE of those guys was known as a scorer. You have TWO legit scores in this trio, I do not see how that trio cannot EASILY average 75-80 points per game. IF they were to drop 3 points a piece in average and JUST do their average all year and never go above it...it be about 69 points per game between the three.

They have picked the perfect set of veterans for this team.

He ran the point perfectly last year for the HEAT. Was 2nd in the NBA in assist-to-turnover ratio behind ONLY Chris Paul. FISHER was 3rd in HIS TEAM in this stat, which is one of THE most important stats a PG must do well in. You had a guy that was a shoot 1st mentality to change his game completely and statistically to help the team. Stats wise, they had the same stats. THE ONLY reason they wantewd him to play here was because he has PLAYOFF experience, that is it. Arroyo does not.

So before you go into insulting a guy that proved that he CAN play as a starter, at least do a little homework(and has kicked Team USAs a$$ on a few occasions on a international level). This IS NOT a "significant" downgrade. :rolleyes: He will have a BETTER statistical year that Fisher..:cool:

Arroyo can only hope to someday become the money player Derek Fisher has proven to be. If you think Arroyo is better than Derek Fisher, we're just going to have to agree to disagree here.

Sandra

Arroyo can only hope to someday become the money player Derek Fisher has proven to be. If you think Arroyo is better than Derek Fisher, we're just going to have to agree to disagree here.

Sandra

Don't you know that anyone who puts on a Heat uniform is effing awesome? C'mon, get with the program.;)

Just wait for the return of Penny Hardaway.

Sandra

At no point did I say he was. I just stated he had just as good year as Fisher and he played very well for the HEAT. And that he was NOT a "significant" down grade for what and how he produced with this team.

So, I will leave the assuming to you....:rolleyes:

At no point did I say he was. I just stated he had just as good year as Fisher and he played very well for the HEAT. And that he was NOT a "significant" down grade for what and how he produced with this team.

So, I will leave the assuming to you....:rolleyes:

Well I still think Arroyo is a downgrade from Fisher.

Sandra

get-a-room.jpg

So now Chris Paul has a "wish" list:

Knicks, Magic, Mavericks and the Nets.

IF he goes to the Knicks, I would say it almost assures the Knicks getting 'Melo...forming quite the trio at Madison Square Garden. IF he goes to either Dallas or Orlando, they would make those teams MAJOR contenders...if they weren't already. IF he goes to the Nets, there is NO WAY the Knicks will get Melo....he TOO will go to the Nets.

Man oh man, things are getting interesting!:D

Bill, that's a good comparison, but think of how dangerous that Celtics team would be if Garnett, Allen and Pierce were in their prime at that time. Even more dangerous, huh? That's the current Miami Heat.

I understand that, but my point is when the Celtics added Garnett and Allen to Pierce they had very little around them.

It wasn't until they added the Poseys, Houses and Browns of the world did they become a TEAM. That's what the Heat are doing now (adding the complementary players).

I understand that, but my point is when the Celtics added Garnett and Allen to Pierce they had very little around them.

It wasn't until they added the Poseys, Houses and Browns of the world did they become a TEAM. That's what the Heat are doing now (adding the complementary players).

And like both team, they could have added better quality, as in skill, players...but what they added was players that will suit THEIR brand of game and players that were NOT gonna override or over shadow the main core....their teams version of the Big Three.

I hate the Celtics, but they way they built THAT team was genius!

IF he goes to the Knicks, I would say it almost assures the Knicks getting 'Melo...forming quite the trio at Madison Square Garden. IF he goes to either Dallas or Orlando, they would make those teams MAJOR contenders...if they weren't already. IF he goes to the Nets, there is NO WAY the Knicks will get Melo....he TOO will go to the Nets.

All of your suppositions about Carmelo Anthony are VERY premature. What Chris Paul does assures NOTHING. Except for Chris Paul. ;)

There is still a good chance that Carmelo Anthony resigns in Denver REGARDLESS what Chris Paul does.

Sandra

Yeah, because it's so fun for the rest of us when 3 or 4 super-teams rule the league! :rolleyes:

All of your suppositions about Carmelo Anthony are VERY premature. What Chris Paul does assures NOTHING. Except for Chris Paul. ;)

There is still a good chance that Carmelo Anthony resigns in Denver REGARDLESS what Chris Paul does.

Sandra

He wants out of Denver and play at home. He has stated both in public and private. We all saw that supposed "good chance" like,"there is no way he will leave $30 million on the table and leave Cleveland" or "there is no way we will do a sign for Lebron." ...are not so sure. Lebron never stated in public and private that he wanted to leave.

We will wait and see, but I highly doubt he will give up the chance to become a free agent. Their egos know it's a possible once in a life time thing where you can become a free agent in your prime.

He wants out of Denver and play at home. He has stated both in public and private. We all saw that supposed "good chance" like,"there is no way he will leave $30 million on the table and leave Cleveland" or "there is no way we will do a sign for Lebron." ...are not so sure. Lebron never stated in public and private that he wanted to leave.

We will wait and see, but I highly doubt he will give up the chance to become a free agent. Their egos know it's a possible once in a life time thing where you can become a free agent in your prime.

You never know, but my main point from my previous post is that Chris Paul signing somewhere assures NOTHING about Carmelo Anthony. ;)

Sandra

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)