2010 NBA Playoffs

IF I was a season ticket holder....I would have to agree.

Yet the majority of Cleveland season ticket holders seem to agree with resting him. It's a fine line this rest vs. rust debate, but I do know one thing. Every single sane Cleveland ticket holder would gladly sacrifice a couple nights with LeBron on the sidelines IF it results in a Championship.

#8 Seed in East Will Go Down to Wire

With a win last night, the Raptors moved within a half-game of the Bulls for the final postseason spot in the Eastern Conference

Toronto, which closes the season Wednesday at home against New York, will earn a playoff berth if they end the season tied with Chicago, which finishes against the Celtics and at Charlotte.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=300412008"]Toronto Raptors vs. Detroit Pistons - Recap - April 12, 2010 - ESPN[/ame]

If you are complaining because you don't get to see LeBron, you are a LeBron fan and not a real Cavs fan. Watch the rest of the team.

Also, I'm not making any excuses. I know this team is going nowhere. They might be a disappointment to you, but they have already set a precedent of disappointment for me.

I would vote for him. Remember, the vote is NOT for the BEST PLAYER in the league but the most valuable player....and I would vote Durrant.

Person A:

30.1 pts per game, 7.6 reb per game, 2.8 assists per game and his team has a 49-32 record.

Person B:

29.7 pts per game , 7.3 reb per game, 8.6 assists per game (all-time-record for small forwards in NBA history btw) and his team has a 61-20 record.

Just by looking at 3 key statistics, how can anyone in their right mind chose Person A over B? The only debate here is whether or not Person B will be a UNANIMOUS decision for MVP!

Person A:

30.1 pts per game, 7.6 reb per game, 2.8 assists per game and his team has a 49-32 record.

Person B:

29.7 pts per game , 7.3 reb per game, 8.6 assists per game (all-time-record for small forwards in NBA history btw) and his team has a 61-20 record.

Just by looking at 3 key statistics, how can anyone in their right mind chose Person A over B?

Person A....his team without him MAY win 15 games. WITH him, the franchise was NOTHING...was almost a New Jersey Nets.

Person B...the team is playoff caliber team. The TEAM for player B is loaded. The team for player A is not.

...look at the turnaround for Oklahoma....from 23 wins to 49.

To me, this why the MVP Award shoudl be given AFTER the NBA Finals. Because IF Lebron leads the Cavs to the 1st NBA championship...he deserves to be the MVP. IF if does not, in a year they were supposed to...and OKC goes from 23 wins to 49 wins and...say a series win in the 1st round...then who do YOU think should win?!
;)

It's a regular season award, it has nothing to do with the playoffs. Does the NBA give out a playoff MVP like other sports do? That's what should be predicated on the outcome of the playoffs.

Also...

Player A's team would trade Player A for Player B in a heartbeat.

Player B's team would not trade Player B for Player A under any circumstance.

That tells you who is more valuable.

'nuff said. ;)

Sandra

So... which low seeds do you think could be scary in the playoffs?

I'd keep an eye on Atlanta, Milwaukee, Miami, Utah, and Phoenix

I just highlighted my three darkhorses.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if the Jazz emerge from the West.

So... which low seeds do you think could be scary in the playoffs?

I'd keep an eye on Atlanta, Milwaukee, Miami, Utah, and Phoenix

Atlanta is going to be a #3 seed, I submit that they do not qualify as a low seed for this discussion.

Phoenix and Utah will probably be 4-5 seeds, they're both only four games behind the Lakers.

Sandra

nba mvp is always BS. The years nash won it back to back was crap, as Kobe was not only the better player but much more valuable(which is really going to hurt his legacy with only one mvp). Durant deserves it, but he won't get it.

It's a regular season award, it has nothing to do with the playoffs. Does the NBA give out a playoff MVP like other sports do? That's what should be predicated on the outcome of the playoffs.

Also...

Player A's team would trade Player A for Player B in a heartbeat.

Player B's team would not trade Player B for Player A under any circumstance.

That tells you who is more valuable.

'nuff said. ;)

Sandra

Has NOTHING to do with who would trade who for who. IT has to do with THIS season and what ONE player has done with the franchise for THIS season.

APPLES and ORANGES....:rolleyes:

IF I had a choice of which one, I would take Lebron.

IF you ask WHO has had BIGGER impact on their team this year....it's Durrant.... 'NUFF SAID!:cool:

This ain't no lifetime achievement award....:rolleyes:;)

nba mvp is always BS. The years nash won it back to back was crap, as Kobe was not only the better player but much more valuable(which is really going to hurt his legacy with only one mvp). Durant deserves it, but he won't get it.

EXACTLY!

Makes you think about the OTHER MVP mistakes, like Nash over Shaq one year and Carl Malone orver Jordan back in the 90s.

Has NOTHING to do with who would trade who for who. IT has to do with THIS season and what ONE player has done with the franchise for THIS season.

APPLES and ORANGES....:rolleyes:

IF I had a choice of which one, I would take Lebron.

IF you ask WHO has had BIGGER impact on their team this year....it's Durrant.... 'NUFF SAID!:cool:

This ain't no lifetime achievement award....:rolleyes:;)

If the Cavs had Durant instead of Lebron THIS YEAR they would not have won nearly as many games. If the Thunder had Lebron THIS YEAR they would have been even better.

Lebron has been more valuable...THIS YEAR.

You brought up the lifetime achievement award, not me. :rolleyes:

Sandra

If the Cavs had Durant instead of Lebron THIS YEAR they would not have won nearly as many games. If the Thunder had Lebron THIS YEAR they would have been even better.

Lebron has been more valuable...THIS YEAR.

You brought up the lifetime achievement award, not me. :rolleyes:

Sandra
I'm not kidding myself into thinking that KD will win MVP this year, even though I think he should.

Do I think LeBron would have won any more games for the Thunder this year? Yes, at least one more - the one where LeBron blocked Durant's shot that would have won it at the end of the game. The fact that they're even in the game at the end (in Cleveland) speaks well of Durant. The reason he has so many points is because he's a killer at the free throw line.

Would they have lost any more with LeBron? There's no way to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)