2010 NBA Playoffs

I'm not kidding myself into thinking that KD will win MVP this year, even though I think he should.

Do I think LeBron would have won any more games for the Thunder this year? Yes, at least one more - the one where LeBron blocked Durant's shot that would have won it at the end of the game. The fact that they're even in the game at the end (in Cleveland) speaks well of Durant. The reason he has so many points is because he's a killer at the free throw line.

Would they have lost any more with LeBron? There's no way to know.

Make no mistake I think Kevin Durant is a fantastic player and could perhaps someday be as good as Lebron. He's on the way, but he's not there yet. There are a few others he has passed this year tho...some VERY big names. ;)

Sandra

Make no mistake I think Kevin Durant is a fantastic player and could perhaps someday be as good as Lebron. He's on the way, but he's not there yet. There are a few others he has passed this year tho...some VERY big names. ;)

Sandra

Furthermore, let's look at it like this:

What Durant is doing this year is impressive, but it's been done before. His statistics have been matched in the past by that of other players, including LeBron James.

What LeBron is doing though this year though is historical. The numbers he's putting up have NEVER been accomplished before! He's on pace for instance to trump Larry Bird's assist average for a small forward, and not really even by a close margin either. He's trumping Larry Legend by more than 1 assist a game on average!! This of course while nearing the tops of the league in all the other statistics, while guiding his team to back-to-back best regular season records, which hasn't happened since the '95-'96, '96-'97 Chicago Bulls! :eek:

Cleveland's first round opponent will be determined tonight.

Either Chicago needs a win in Charlotte or a Raptors loss to the Knicks (AKA Team Sandra) for the Bulls to get in.

However, if the Raptors win AND the Bulls lose, then Toronto will get the last spot.

Regardless, neither team is capable of being the #8 seed from hell ala the Warriors of 2007 or the Hawks of 2008.

IMHO, Chicago MIGHT keep one game under double-digits, while Toronto is a four-games-and-out team w/out Bosh.

Furthermore, let's look at it like this:

What Durant is doing this year is impressive, but it's been done before. His statistics have been matched in the past by that of other players, including LeBron James.

What LeBron is doing though this year though is historical. The numbers he's putting up have NEVER been accomplished before! He's on pace for instance to trump Larry Bird's assist average for a small forward, and not really even by a close margin either. He's trumping Larry Legend by more than 1 assist a game on average!! This of course while nearing the tops of the league in all the other statistics, while guiding his team to back-to-back best regular season records, which hasn't happened since the '95-'96, '96-'97 Chicago Bulls! :eek:
If KD had Shaq to pass to, how many assists would he have this year?

If KD had Shaq to pass to, how many assists would he have this year?

Shaq has been injured for 1/3rd of the year. Try again.

BTW, if LeBron wasn't so unselfish and averaged only 2 assists per game like KD, he could very well average 40+ppg if he wanted. LeBron choses to have a more balanced attack though. It's all just a matter of how you look at it. LeBron is the more balanced and more valuable player. Not to be mean, but I didn't even realize there was a debate on this.

Shaq has been injured for 1/3rd of the year. Try again.

BTW, if LeBron wasn't so unselfish and averaged only 2 assists per game like KD, he could very well average 40+ppg if he wanted. LeBron choses to have a more balanced attack though. It's all just a matter of how you look at it. LeBron is the more balanced and more valuable player. Not to be mean, but I didn't even realize there was a debate on this.

Evidently the panel of 20 ESPN writers agree in unison. Every single one of them (even the ones from Oklahoma) voted for LeBron to be MVP.

ESPN.com picks: 2009-10 Most Valuable Player is the Cleveland Cavaliers' LeBron James - ESPN

Just sayin'. LeBron has averaged 1.6 assist per game more this year than last. What's changed this year? Shaq.

In 2004-2005, LeBron's 3rd year in the league (Kevin Durant is also in his 3rd year now), he had teammates by the names of Donyell Marshall, Luke Jackson, Damon Jones, Flip Murray and Ira Newble. I'm not even sure if any of them are even still in the NBA. Regardless, the then 21-year-old LeBron James averaged 31.4 pts, 6.6 ast & 7.0 reb for the season. All higher stats than KD had this year and believe it or not, LeBron wasn't considered for MVP that year either. LeBron's team was 50-32 that year and took the Detroit Pistons to 7 games in the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals.

In 2004-2005, LeBron's 3rd year in the league (Kevin Durant is also in his 3rd year now), he had teammates by the names of Donyell Marshall, Luke Jackson, Damon Jones, Flip Murray and Ira Newble. I'm not even sure if any of them are even still in the NBA. Regardless, the then 21-year-old LeBron James averaged 31.4 pts, 6.6 ast & 7.0 reb for the season. All higher stats than KD had this year and believe it or not, LeBron wasn't considered for MVP that year either. LeBron's team was 50-32 that year and took the Detroit Pistons to 7 games in the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals.
I didn't find all those 2004 Cavaliers, but I did find 7'3" Ilgauskas.

Shaq will sit one more game

According to Cavs beat reporter...

Shaq isn't playing tonight, but is in great mood. Said this had been one of most enjoyable seasons of his career, can't wait for playoffs.

Also said he "thinks about winning a title for City of Cleveland everyday"

Cavs unveil new Playoff Slogan

In '08 it was: "Rise Up"
In '09 it was: "One Goal"

For 2010, it will be "All Together". Seems to embrace the team mentality. I like it!

Celtics lock up #4 seed

With Celtics loss last night, they are now locked into No. 4 seed on Cavs' side of bracket. The game tonight at ATL is now meaningless both ways.

The free fall of the Nuggets improves my confidence in the Lakers. I'm not giving them[the Lakers] a good shot at making the finals, but its possible
I think HD MM's reaction if the Cavs lose and Shaq blasts the city/team/LeBron in the media would be pretty humorous

Last edited:
Hell has Frozen Over! Barkley Picks Cavs to Win Title, LeBron to Stay.

In a TNT conference call with reporters, Barkley said he thought the Cavs would win the NBA title and LeBron James was the best player in the world and the MVP of the league.

Echoing comments he has made before, Barkley said, "I am going to be crushed if LeBron James does not stay in Cleveland. Danny Ferry has done more in the last two or three years than any GM in the history of basketball to get a guy a championship in a small period of time.

"A lot of guys get draft picks and have to wait until the team matures and grows. ... Danny Ferry has done one of the greatest jobs in the last few years. They've added some really, really good pieces three or four years in a row. I take my hat off to Danny Ferry. I'll be surprised if they do not win a championship. This guy, with smoke and mirrors, has built a serious championship contender, and I think they're going to win it."

TNT's Charles Barkley: LeBron should stay in Cleveland and Cavaliers should win the title | cleveland.com

If the Cavs had Durant instead of Lebron THIS YEAR they would not have won nearly as many games. If the Thunder had Lebron THIS YEAR they would have been even better.

Lebron has been more valuable...THIS YEAR.

You brought up the lifetime achievement award, not me. :rolleyes:

Sandra

IF the Cavs would have had Durrant, they would have dropped off in win by what? ....3...6...

They STILL would have been a BIG TIME FAVORITE be cause of Durrant AND the rest of the team.

And you think the OKC would have won what? 60 with Lebron at the helm...?? is THAT what you are saying....??!! PLEASE....

The Difference between the the TOP 5 Players is not very much. Lebron is the best player in the league...but not by much over Durrant and Kobe.

I'm not kidding myself into thinking that KD will win MVP this year, even though I think he should.

Do I think LeBron would have won any more games for the Thunder this year? Yes, at least one more - the one where LeBron blocked Durant's shot that would have won it at the end of the game. The fact that they're even in the game at the end (in Cleveland) speaks well of Durant. The reason he has so many points is because he's a killer at the free throw line.

Would they have lost any more with LeBron? There's no way to know.

There ya go....screwing up a perfectly good argument with logic.....:rolleyes:;)

If Kevin Garnett doesn't re-learn how to move sideways on defense, then not only is there no way for the Celtics to make it past the second round, they could be had in the first round. They have no team defense if Garnett cannot consistently pick up the offensive player who makes it by his own man-to-man defender.

I never saw Paul Pierce as a main man. He is a remarkable scorer, as are several dozen NBA players. When they had Pierce and Walker, the team strategy was, "My turn,your turn, my turn, your turn". In 2007-2008, Pierce became a team player for the only time in his life, and, thanks to the great play of Garnett and the bench, they won it all. But now Pierce is back to being Pierce.

I predict that Pierce will be forced to use his $20+ million extension for 2010-2011, and then try to score 25 or more points per game next year to re-establish his marketplace value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts